“Bad beds, poor quality for a Marriott” 2 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1501 International Parkway, Lake Mary, FL 32746   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 12 hotels in Lake Mary
Stuart, Florida, United States
“Bad beds, poor quality for a Marriott”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I am a platinum with Marriott, which is their highest level. I have never seen a property with such awful beds. Also the fitness center faces the sun in the afternoon, and there are no drapes or shades on the floor-to-ceiling windows. I could not even begin to work out in there because of the blinding sun.

Will NEVER stay at this property again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
DavidK,

Thank you for the comments from your recent visit to our hotel
and I truly appeciate the feedback.

Our recently renovated fitness center does not have draperies
as those were removed and deemed old fashioned! Since I have
not heard negative comments that the sun has been a problem
I will certainly look at some different options that may be available.
I am sure the time of year and day must have played a large role
with the winter setting sun. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced.

Your comments about a less than satisfactory bed will be investigated
but since this review is anonymous I would love to have you
email me personally so I can correct the issue in your exact room.

Please let me know if I may "Make it Right" on your next visit to Lake
Mary! And as a Gesture of Good Faith I will personally make sure you are
upgraded to the best room available and will guarantee the bed will
be up to your standards. A Marriott Platinum Member deserves a Platinum
Experience!

Bruce Skwarlo,

General Manager, C.H.A.
Orlando Marriott Lake Mary

bruce.skwarlo@marriott.com
407-995-7004

190 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and made our most recent visit in late November 2012. The hotel remains a beautiful property and a friend who also stayed there at my recommendation the same weekend commented how wonderful the hotel was. The only negative to me that was not evident on prior visits was the fact that rooms with two beds contained doubles rather than queen sized beds. King bedded rooms did not offer a sofa bed so we had to double up since there were three of us in my family. This made for a poor night's sleep and I guess prior visits were either solo or two person visits since we never ran into this issue. My suggestion thus is to look elsewhere if you have a family of 3 or 4 but definitely stay here if there is 1 or 2 in your party.

Room Tip: Avoid the double bedded rooms if you have three adults in your party.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
SilverStar092,

Thank you for staying at the Orlando Marriott Lake Mary last month and for your
positive comments about the numerous visits to our hotel.
I was excited to hear you rated us as "wonderful" in past visits but of course
completely understand your preference towards having a King Bed in your room
as well.

Next time you need a King Bed with a sofa bed please feel free to contact me personally
and I will do whatever I can to get you an upgrade if possible. If not we have a lovely
Residence By Marriott right next door which can also accomodate your bed needs as well!

Hospitably Yours.

407-995-7004
Mount Dora, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Great location, great service, great grounds.
Staff was accommodating in getting an early check in and the request for concierge level since I am a platinum Marriott reward member. The concierge lounge had great selections of nibblers and soft drinks. They also had a paying serve yourself bar.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Ltorres,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and feedback from your recent
visit to the Orlando Marriott Lake Mary.

I was happy to hear you were able to check in early and that the service you received
exceeded your expectations! Please come back and visit us soon!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

We were disappointed that now one was available to help with our bags when we checked in. The location was fine for our purpose but I guess we expected more. Our room overlooked the roof of the convention center. The hotel was clean and orderly as all MARRIOTT hotels are. The traffic in the Orlando area is a challenge. We don't know how people live here.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
TN,

I would like to thank you for your candid observations and comments from
your recent visit. We typically have Bellman scheduled from 6:30 am to
11:00 pm at night so I am not sure why you did not have that service available
to you last night! I would like to apologize on behalf of our team because this is
certainly not up to our standard nor the impression we strive to achieve.
I was happy to hear we were clean and orderly but I will assure you that we
will do better on your next visit!

Jacksonville Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is really nice modern looking along with features such as a coffee bar downstairs and club lounge for all you Marriott rewards people. Great business hotel and good for families too. My room was excellent, clean new furniture etc...
I won't bore you with details since everything I experienced was really good even the bath products are spa quality

Why stay? A very good Marriott brand

Why not? If you want to be close to Disney you may want to drive further into the Disney area

Stayed November 2012
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
StevenN,
Thank you for the Great comments and we are very happy that you
Enjoyed your visit to the Olando Marriott Lake Mary!
We agree that we are close enough to the attractions but certainly
On the quieter side of Orlando !

Bruce Skwarlo , C.H.A.
Englewood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband attended a conference here. We arrived early, but there was a room available for us. The room was large and comfortable, and we appreciated the fact that the Internet was free. My only complaint was that there was no refrigerator. Even though there was a conference, the hotel was not noisy or crowded. In fact when I went to the pool, there was only one family there. We liked the fact that there was a nice choice of restaurants within walking distance. They gave our group a very reasonable rate for such a nice place to stay.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Batmom,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to he Orlando Marriott
Lake Mary. I was happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and our quiet pool area
Despite the busy conference activities. Next time you visit please ask the front desk
For a refrigerator and I am sure they will be able to accommodate you!

Boston, Ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Very pleased with my week long stay at the Lake Mary Marriott. The real stars are the staff. During the week I had interactions with a few at the front desk, the maids, the hostesses at the concierge lounge - and all were extremely pleasant, helpful and professional. The room was large, meticulously clean, quiet and every thing worked. The concierge lounge was a wee bit of a disappointment. During the breakfast service, there were not enough tables/seats to accommodate the customers and the food/drink selection is very limited. It was a little better in the evening - fewer people and slightly more interesting appetizers. I did not eat in the lobby restaurant but did order room service a few times and it was surprisingly good (tasty, hot and on-time). [There are several very good food options (at least 15 restaurants) within an easy walk. Especially liked Liam Fitzpatrick's across the main street. Avoid Fishbones at all costs.]

The outdoor pool is sparkling clean and large enough to swim real laps. The gym is the usual small room crammed with treadmills.

The property is not particularly convenient to Orlando attractions - at least a 25 minute drive to nearest park. This wasn't a problem for me but might be a consideration if the parks are your destination.

I would stay here again with no hesitation.

Room Tip: Even numbers look southwest. Odd look northeast. Concierge is on 9. The parking lot can be busy at t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
MikeBoston,
Thank you for the nice review and honest feedback regarding your
Recent visit to our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your
Visit and the surrounding area attractions on the quiet side of
Orlando!

Bruce Skwarlo ,C.H.A.

Been to Orlando Marriott Lake Mary? Share your experiences!