“All is fine” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Orlando
“All is fine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

All is fine with the hotel ,so comfortable rooms after a hot summer day at walt disney. That is good place to stay and have fun at Walt Disney and of course save money and time. The rooms and the bathrooms are so large and clean. The best month to visit Disney should be November I think

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
WilsonP,

Thank You so much for the Great Review and I was happy to hear that
you enjoyed your visit on the Quiet Side of Orlando!

Bruce Skwarlo, C.H.A.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

This is an ok Hotel. The staff is very nice and friendly. The room service is ok. I stayed here for business, I had no issues the room was clean and the hotel was very quiet. It has an older feel. I am not sure if I will be staying their again but if you want a clean place to stay..this is it.

Stayed October 2012

Thank You.

Bruce Skwarlo C.H.A.
Miami, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I travel on business half the year and frequently stay at Marriott brand hotels. Comparing this Marriott to other Marriott's--> it's not as good because they don't provide many food options at the nightly concierge lounge reception. For instance, one night they just had meatballs, cheese, crackers, and chips and salsa. I've been conditioned by other Marriott's to expect pretty much a full meal. Most others have soup, salad, and hot entree-type item in addition to the other typical options. So, that was disppointing.

Otherwise, this is a pretty standard Marriott. It's a nice hotel, lovely decor, standard furniture. I will give them brownie points for an awesome night's sleep. It's away from the street, so there's been no street noise!

Overall, it's a good hotel choice. Last year I stayed at the Residence Inn and it was comparable in amenities. They're right next door to one another and luckily they're both walking distance to some awesome restaurants!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hello SummerW,

Thank you for your 4 Star rating and we hope to earn a 5th Star on your next visit.
I did pass your comments along to our Chef about the selection of food items
in our Concierge Lounge but truthfully it is never intended to be a Full Meal.
We are Happy that you had an Awesome nights sleep free of noise, and rated
us as a Good Hotel choice!

Bruce Skwarlo C.H.A.

Or
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Uncrowded, clean, friendly. Nice gym. Decent (not fantastic) breakfast buffett. The hotel is just nice, clean,.....a very nice Marriott....but in a suburban area...thus it was not overly crowded.

There are ample nice restaurants nearby - walking distance. The night i was there, they were cleaning the windows - and had lots of signs to let you know they'd be doing that starting at 9A.

Definitely staying there next time I'm back.

Room Tip: ask for concierge level - they were giving it to a lot of people who didn't qualify...like me
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
TravelMan,

Thanks so much for visiting the Orlando Marriott Lake Mary and we really
appreciate your feedback about our Hotel. I was happy to hear you enjoyed
your visit and that you received a room upgrade! Please feel free to introduce
yourself to me personally on your next visit to Lake Mary!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

From the spacious lobby, friendly staff, nicely appointed room, even to the ease of internet access on both lobby computers and in the room, this is a first rate hotel. Due to the nature of our stay there we did not have the opportunity to try the dining room for dinner, but we did have a very nice buffet breakfast one morning. One of the nicest parts of our stay there was a swim or two in the delightfully large pool, completely empty one time, and occupied but not crowded another time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Singer63

Thank you for staying at the Orlando Marriott Lake Mary and I truly
appreciate your kind words. I was happy to hear you enjoyed our
Pool area and the Chefs Buffet in our Bistro 1501 restaurant.

Hope to see you on your next visit to Lake Mary!

Sanford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed here for a weekend getaway which included breakfast at the Bistro 1501. Our room was on the 10th floor and everything was wonderful. The internet is fast and free. TV worked well. Bed was relaxing and the room was clean and the bathroom well stocked. The only complaint that I would have is that there is no coffee maker in the room. The swimming pool and spa were well maintaned. The exercise equiptment was up to date and well cared for. The Bistro 1501 restaurant was good for brunch which was included in our stay, but I would rate it as overpriced at $30/person if purchased separately. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Curious George,

Thank you for the fantastic comments about our hotel. We are delighted to
hear that you enjoyed all the amenities our hotel has to offer. Next time
you visit our hotel please ask for me personally and I will personally
make sure you are upgraded to our Best Available Suite! Feel free to
email me personally at bruce.skwarlo@marriott.com.

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Normally I expect every Marriott experience to be pretty much the same as before, in this case I was wrong, but in a good way.

I usually start my reviews with the Pros's followed by the Con's. This time I'll start with them in reverse order.

Con's - Small pool, small exercise center, not much of a business center, no scenic vista That's it so if you don't care about these things read on.

Pro's - Ultra clean, well maintained, well staffed, comfortable rooms, nice dining, huge Starbucks and bar combination, friendly and helpful staff, great breakfast buffet with fantastic servers (Lolita is great!) and excellent food options...the Sunday brunch is very good and well worth a try.

If you are the type who wants to explore the neighborhood restaurants/bars you can walk from the hotel to some hat are either a chain or one of a kind. If you like fresh seafood try Fishbones which is immediately outside of the convention entrance of the hotel. There is also an excellent Italan restaurant in the same complex called Terra Mia which makes fresh pasta, seafood and vegetable dishes similar to what you might find in Italy. Of course there is a sports bar with an outdoor patio, a Mexican restaurant and even an Applebee's. Across the road lies a Crispers (salad chain) an Asian bistro (sushi, sashimi and everything else you could expect), an Irish bar with great food and dueling piano's on Saturday nights (you name it and the two of them can play it) , a micro brew pub, an upscale tapas style restaurant with a great wine list, a small and eclectic coffee cafe, a pizza spaghetti restaurant, a cigar bar, a grocery store, a liquor store, a barbershop and a 12 screen theater. In short - plenty.

I have stayed here many times and have never had a bad experience. If you have a need to stay in the Lake Mary area, or you just don't want to deal with the circus that is International Drive then this is a great alternative. P.S. - The hotel can help you with any of your needs while in Lake Mary.

TIP - Traveling to Disneyworld from the UK? You can fly into Sanford Orlando International on British carrier Thomas Cook and save a huge amount of money. The Lake Mary Marriott is just a few minutes away and the drive to the Rat Kingdom....sorry Disneyworld, Epcot and Universal is a straight shot down I-4 . You'll save a ton of money and the lodging is better than most of what is available surrounding the entertainment area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Hello PK,

I have received your comments thruTrip Advisor and would like to thank
you for the wonderful review. Although we are not a location with scenic views
we were happy that you enjoyed the hotel and it's surrounding area. We are ideally
situated close to many restaurants and bars and that always is a main attraction
for our guestswho are in the area to conduct business or enjoy a leisure trip.

Thanks Again and we hope you return in the future!

PS Great Tip on the Sanford Airport! We will even pick you up with a complimentary
Shuttle ride back to our hotel!

Bruce Skwarlo, C.H.A.

Been to Orlando Marriott Lake Mary? Share your experiences!