“You get what you pay for” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Shula's 347 Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 126 Restaurants in Lake Mary
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: HE Thomas Jr. Parkway
DeLand, Florida
“You get what you pay for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

As a long time Dolphin fan I have always wanted to try Shula's. They are known for their steaks, so my wife ordered the Cowboy Steak - a 16oz. ribeye. It was perfectly cooked. I know they have Shula's Steak Sauce, but you don't need it, the steak is one of the best she's had anywhere. It came with garlic smashed potatoes and a large helping of mushrooms which complimented the steak perfectly. Being a seafood person I ordered one of the specials; grouper with a macaroni, bacon and cheese croquet. The croquet itself was huge - for a croquet, that's not a complaint, just an observation. The grouper was awesome. The croquet was doubly awesome. We also ordered the crab mac and cheese which could have been a meal in itself. That was amazing also. I ordered two sea scallops (because that was the entree I was going to order off the menu) just to try. I'm glad I didn't order the sea scallops because there were way too salty.
The restaurant is classy and does not have the sports bar look that I kind of expected - which is OK by me because I was there for the food. They still had a few football things and some celebrity signed photos though. The waitress was attentive, maybe too much so, she was a bit irritating because we felt like we were getting interrupted from eating needlessly. Anyway, this restaurant is part of a chain and judging by this one in Lake Mary I would highly recommend it - just be prepared on spending some cash because it ain't cheap. But you do get what you pay for!
Docked a point for the way-too-salty scallops and the over enthusiastic waitress.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

orlando, FL
“One of the Best Happy Hour Spots in Lake Mary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I often go to Shula's for happy hour and they offer some really great specials. They have beer, wine and martini flights as well as $3.47 appetizers. I have had everything on the menu and the beef tips are the best!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Can't Fault it (but nothing really stands out)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We've been going to Shula's since it opened a couple of years ago. It's a good restaurant but somehow it's never seems to quite make it as a great restaurant.

I had the 8 oz Filet with mash and asparagus. It was a nice steak. I have to say, considering Shula's positions itself as a steakhouse the range of steaks is somewhat limited. The 8 oz is the largest filet on offer! On the plus side, I did like the draught IPA beer. It's good to see restaurants like Shula's providing high quality draught beers. My wife was also delighted with her corvina fish over polenta which she described as "fantastic".

Other, relatively minor points, I always find the restaurant cold and the valet parking didn't have an umbrella.

I'm sure we'll be back, if only for the beer and the hope it may tip over to great-ville!

Visited June 2013
Lake Mary, Florida
“Very good food, adequate service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

When we want a nice meal near home, we toss a coin between Fishbones and Shula's. A recent visit to Shula's was as good as ever. The server was a little off, but the food was very good, and that's why we go. Although they have a very attractive dining room, we took advantage of the nice weather to sit outside. They never reach excellent in any category, but they never dip to average, either. I'll take a consistent "very good" any day of the week.

Visited May 2013
Florida
“great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Located in the Westin Resort. Service was fast and professional. Just what you would expect at a finer restaurant, yet not as stuffy. We had a reservation and were seated promptly. Our waiter was extremely attentive. Food was delicious, everything was prepared to our preference. Great place for dates, business, or family. Moderate prices for finer dining. Loved it.

Visited May 2013