“The most over priced and under cooked cuts of meat I've ever come across” 3 of 5 stars
Review of FishBones

FishBones
County Road 46A, Lake Mary, FL 32746
(407) 581-2399
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
FishBones is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 127 Restaurants in Lake Mary
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: International Parkway
Description: FishBones is a modern seafood, sushi and steak restaurant offering the freshest, just-caught seafood flown in daily, aged steaks cooked over a 1200° Florida citrus and oak wood fire and a 23-hour slow roasted prime rib. Our distinctive menu features steaks which are USDA Prime & Choice grain-fed beef and a fabulous raw bar that creates the freshest and most uniquely presented sushi. FishBones’ seafood selections include two-pound Australian lobster tails, fresh Florida stone crab (in season) and hand breaded colossal shrimp. A local favorite, FishBones has been awarded the Best Seafood Restaurant in Seminole County since 2006. Whether it’s inside or outdoors on the patio, FishBones’ upscale service and Key West inspired atmosphere provides the perfect dining experience for any occasion!
New York
“The most over priced and under cooked cuts of meat I've ever come across”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

OK, we went to a restaurant for dinner on Mother's Day. My bad. Ill take responsibility for that. Everything else I can confidently blame on the establishment. The service was clumsy at best and the bar's attention to detail was lacking. My Father's NY Strip was overcooked, despite being ordered medium well and my lamb chops were literally raw; I ordered them medium. The mint jelly was also the color of a glow stick, at that point it left the realm of the functional and the ornamental.
This place has a decent happy hour and yes I know I am complaining about lamb from a place called 'Fishbones' but you won't ever catch me in there ever again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Orlando, Florida
“Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

great serviceby Dennis, clean, nice quiet place, pricey but we will be back.
litle hard for out of towner to find when got off I-4

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edinburgh, Scotland
“Great as usual”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I like fishbones. A great mid market surf and turf formula. Large helpings, great steaks and pleasant well trained servers. Probably my third visit and I will certainly be back.

Visited April 2013
The Villages, Florida
“Good food, okay service .”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Were in the area for the day shopping at places we do not get to but once a year or so. Asked a retail sales person where to eat, she recommended Fishbones. Very nice looking restaurant, nice atmosphere. Very extensive menu, known for fresh seafood and aged steaks. We sat at the bar for drinks, and decided to stay right there for our dinner. Several bar tenders were very helpful in explaining all of the options on the menu, and recommended several dishes. My wife ordered the crab, mushroom trout, and I the 22 oz. aged bone in ribeye. Asked about smaller portion, that was all they offered in this steak. My wife's trout dish came out perfect, and tasted great. After cutting into my steak , realized it was " rare" not medium as ordered, meal was taken and cooked to order very promptly, bar tender agreed, it was definately rare . All in all the meal was very good, service could be improved upon. I guess when you spend $100. For dinner, you expect a little more attention to details. Ask how meal is prepared after trying, do not wait for the customer to find someone, when meals are finished , or plates on bar, remove them, new bar napkins under new drinks , etc. I know these are small things, but again, attention to the small,details go a long ways. I will definately give this,restaurant another try if in the area again.

Visited April 2013
Miami Beach, Florida
“Overrated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I went for happy hour. Yes the patio is big and popular. But service during happy hour is bad. It took forever to order and 30 minutes to get my food. The fish tacos were cold and the sushi was dried out . It had obviously been sitting around for a long time.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Been to FishBones? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage FishBones, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.