“Great Hotel Great Service Great Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 12 hotels in Lake Mary
“Great Hotel Great Service Great Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. The staff was great from the Front Desk, to Shula's Restaurant, to the Club Lounge. Great Staff, Great Service, and Great Food! The Front Desk and Hotel Management Staff was great and I got a nice upgrade to the Club Level.

• Stayed November 2012
WLMFLGM, General Manager at The Westin Lake Mary, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear Greg8376,

Thank you ever so much for the outstanding review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at The Westin Lake Mary.

You said it all and I do appreciate your kind sentiments. "Great Hotel, Great Service & Great Staff". Wow thank you so much. We're all very proud of our hotel. Comments such as yours serve as an important testimonial that we are meeting our objectives of being the best.

Thank you for your business and Happy New Year. Hope to see you often in 2013.

386 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I travel the country on business and recently accepted a job in Lake Mary that requires me to travel here from Atlanta every week. I have been staying at this hotel a lot and I have to say that the staff at this hotel is top notch. They always have a smile, they remember you and they conduct themselves in a very professional manner. The hotel is very clean, great food and conveniently located to shopping and great restaurants.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the halls are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mark L,

Thank you for your wonderful comments asociated with your recent stays at our Westin Lake Mary hotel.

So glad to learn that our team members have been doing what they do best and that is to provide great experiences and genuine hospitality.

We appreciate your business and look forward to hosting you often in 2013.

Happy New Year!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I could not have asked for a better greeting from the professional front desk staff. The hotel is spacious, clean, and modern. LOVED my recent visit. Will definitely book again next time I am in the area!

Room Tip: Club floor - worth it!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Islandsue,

So happy that you "loved" your stay at The Westin Lake Mary. We loved hosting you as our guest.

Appreciate your terrific comments about our hotel and for taking the time to do so.

Happy New Year and look forward to welcoming you back throughout 2013.

St. Petersburg , Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This hotel happens to be near my Orlando office, so I have stayed here a number of times, but this is my first review. Of all of the hotels I have stayed in for business over the last few years, this is by far the best. The staff is extraordinarily friendly and accomodating, and the hotel has a very comfortable modern feel to it. The rooms are always immaculate, and it is very convenient to have Shula's Restaurant right on site. There are additional restaurants right across the street, and while it would be a bit far for Disney visitors to stay, anyone else looking for accommodation in the Orlando area would be very pleased.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Bill A,

Thank you for your kind review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at The Westin Lake Mary.

We appreciate your frequent patronage of our hotel and so delighted to learn that all elements of your experiences are quite positive/enjoyable.

We value the comments of our guests and are all committed to providing high levels of guest service. It is our mission and passion.

Happy New Year, thank you for your business and look forward to hosting your stays throughout 2013.

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed at the Westin Lake Mary, for another event at the Central Florida Zoo. At check-in, I was recognized as a Starwood Preferred Guest; and, was placed on the SPG floor. The hotel staff had noted somewhere that we preferred a quiet room, so they assigned us a room located at the end of the hallway, with a view overlooking the front of the hotel. They also remembered that we preferred two queen-sized beds, as we travel with our daughter – nice!

Just after check-in, I remembered that the in-room coffee was only provided one creamer per cup; and, my wife and I really like a lot of cream in our coffee. I was very happy to find that when I asked for 6 or 8 additional creamers, that it was provided without hesitation; and, a “my pleasure” was proffered with my thanks!

That night, we went to dinner across the way, at the Colonial Town Park complex, after which we attended a Night Hike at the zoo. Both were outstanding!

In the morning, I found the work out room to be immaculately clean; and, there were plenty of towels and ice cold water to go around. The floor isn’t carpeted, so I was very pleased to see that the work-out mats were padded, making for a comfortable set of calisthenics. My only suggestion (for this level of hotel) would be to provide chilled towels, like I often find at the Hyatt and Hilton.

After working out, I stopped at the front-desk to ask for another decaf coffee; and, was very pleased to receive the coffee, an extra cup, some additional creamers, and a valet pack, with sweeteners, napkin and a stirrer. I hadn’t asked for those, so this was great “anticipation” by the staff.

When we checked out, we asked for directions to a local attraction; and, were provided with thorough and accurate directions. We had a great time this past September; and, plan to return anytime we are involved with the Central Florida Zoo, or any other function in the Lake Mary/Heathrow area.

Room Tip: Walk across the street to a fine selection of restaurants, bars, and entertainment.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Acecafe911,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a thorough review of your recent stay at The Westin Lake Mary.

I am so pleased to learn that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and that our team members provided such a fine level of service. This is what we all strive for; to exceed the expectations of all of our guests.

Thank you for your business and Happy New Year.

Look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Wylie, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Have stayed here a number of times. The rooms are very cosistent and comfortable. The staff is always courteous as well. Any issues are quickly and happiky corrected (not that there were any this trip).

I'll be back.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear CodeRider,

Thank you for your complimentary review following your recent stay at The Westin Lake Mary.

Appreciate your business and for taking the time to share your positive experiences on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the New Year!

Stone Mountain, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This hotel is absolutely beautiful. We were impressed with the lobby, the room and the staff. We also secured a great rate by pre-paying. I only selected three stars because around four in the morning, we heard water running. Initially me nor my husband knew where it was coming from. This turned into a restless night, we called the front desk around eight. They agreed to move us to another room. The maintenance man came up and indicated he would need to check. The room they were going to move us to was to far away from our family; since we were going out, we advised that we would wait until we got back. Once we returned that night, true to their word, we were moved to another room. As soon as we settled in, the sound of water started. Once again we called to the front desk. They offered to move us again. We didn't want to move again in case this sound trailed us to another room. This time, another maintenance guy came up, he told us that the way the pipes were built, we would hear anything from the people above us, shower or toilet flushing. I appreciated him being honest, but I couldn't imagine that, because in the first room, it went on for hours. We were comped for one night. We checked out, the next day. We received a call from the manager verifying the credit, the downfall of the conversation is that he indicated they were missing 3 robes, he said that three robes were ordered from the room they moved us to. I am not sure if they updated the room or just gave us the keys. Westin is a great brand, and I will stay with them again, but this was not the best experience.

Room Tip: Ask about water running from a particular room or else it will sound as if you are trying to sleep n...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
WLMFLGM, General Manager at The Westin Lake Mary, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at our Westin Lake Mary. We certainly appreciate your business.

Also appreciate your sentiments that you found the hotel to be beautiful. I do however want to apologize for any level of inconvenience that you and your family realized due to noise from running water. This is not a normal occurrence for our hotel and being only three years old is not the manner in which the building was constructed. Apparently there is another issue that caused the annoying sound and we are working with our plumbing company to correct the deficiency. I do believe it to be an aberration and will get to the bottom of the issue.

We look forward to the opportunity of hosting you again should your travels return you to the area. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of assistance.

Happy Holidays!

EVP & General Manager

Been to The Westin Lake Mary? Share your experiences!