“A Favorite” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 hotels in Lake Mary
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I'm here for business often, and this is always a dependable stop. Even compared to other Residence Inns, which I stay at a lot, this one is a step above the rest.

Clean rooms, everything is up-to-date, free breakfast, and free drinks after work. The staff here is wonderful, and will go out of their way to help you with anything you need. There are plenty of restaurants and bars nearby too. I ended up at the Marriott across the parking lot for after work happy hour a few times, and got a discount with my room key.

This is one of the few places I've stayed, and left without one negative thing to say. Great hotel!

Room Tip: Save money by hitting up the nearby grocery store, to stock up your fridge.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Generalmanager825, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
We are pleased to be your favorite hotel when you travel to the Lake Mary area. Thank you for sharing your comments and tips about our property and area. We look forward to welcoming you home again soon.

130 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We have relatives in Lake County, near Orlando, and Lake Mary offers better options. We have stayed at the Marriott previously. Last week we tried the Residence Inn next door and were very pleased. We reserved a 2 bed/2 bath suite, providing plenty of space for our group. Everyone we encountered here was pleasant, friendly, and professional. The hotel is a very clean and comfortable. I also appreciate the nearby Publix and dining options. This hotel is now my first choice in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Generalmanager825, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that we are now your first choice for lodging in Lake Mary. Thank you for sharing your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed for over a week and was pleasantly surprised how wonderful everything was. Excellent Staff, Large, Clean, and Comfortable Rooms, with many amenities. Kitchen area had everything needed. Love the large refrigerator for restaurant leftovers and drinks. Also Loved the Pool area which we tried to use everyday. Best of all the extended stay price extremely reasonable for the quality of the hotel. We'll be back!;~))

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your comments. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you home again soon!
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Arrived late on a Saturday evening .... check in was smooth. Room was large, clean, and very comfortable. Place was fairly full, it seemed from the parking lot, yet the night was spent in complete silence.

The shower had super water flow, plenty of hot water, and again, all was very clean.

The included free breakfast was a complete hot breakfast ... not the typical danish and waffle (though they did have those as well) and included fruit.

Booked through Priceline on a "name your own price" deal and paid well under half of the standard room rate. As in the past, this had no impact on either the service or the room quality. Definitely worth the money.

Overall ... I had absolutely no complaints and will readily stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Generalmanager825, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you staying with us! We are happy you enjoyed our breakfast and showers. We look for forward to seeing you again soon.
LINCOLN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed at this Res. Inn for the second time. It continues to have some of the best Staff I have encountered over the years of staying in the Orlando and other areas of Florida. This stay was for about 7 days in January 2013. Will continue to return to this Hotel and the area. Nice place for HQ and to travel in the area. New Smryna Beach is only about 40 minutes.

Room Tip: You can get smaller and larger rooms but other than that I didn't see any difference in the room...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank for staying with us and for sharing your comments. I am pleased you enjoyed our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed her for a weekend visiting a friend of mine from out of state who was in the Orlando area for a soccer tournament. Within 5 minutes to some very nice restaurants. The rooms, lobby and pool were clean and comfortable to Marriott's high standards. Free wi-fi was nice, but very slow.

The front desk staff were very nice, polite and accommodating when they were there. It seemed like they were always in the office talking on their cell phones and/or eating in the office. We had to wait every time we wanted to talk to somebody and at check-out because they were in the back room.

The breakfast was a typical hotel breakfast with the usual scrambled eggs, make your own Belgium waffle, cereals, juices etc. The person monitoring the area was outright rude. An older guest spilled some food and drink on the counter and floor. I stood by so others would not slip on the wet surface waiting for staff to come by and clean up the mess. After about 10 minutes and still no staff, I took a roll of paper towels and cleaned up the mess myself so I could join my wife for breakfast. As I was finishing, the employee showed up and scolded me for doing her job and insisted that I should have called her. I told her that if I was her manager I would have fired her for talking to me that way; for being nowhere to be found for 10 minutes and for leaving the Marriott in a libel situation if somebody slipped on the floor on got hurt.

Would I stay at this particular property again? Absolutely! It was reasonably priced, clean and the room was very comfortable. If the two items above are corrected, I would give this hotel solid 4.5 for the type of hotel that it is. I'm giving the 'service' an average score because when the front desk personnel were there, they were very good, they just weren't there that often.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Generalmanager825, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. The encounter you had with our staff is certainly not our standard or expectation. We will use your comments as a training refresher to ensure the Breakfast staff is available to guests and monitoring the buffet and breakfast area for cleanliness.
We look forward to welcoming you again!
Springfield, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

we've stayed at this location residence inn orlando for 3 or 4 days for the last few years and was very happy staying here . large rooms and clean and very relaxing , however this was the first year that i had a complaint with the cleaning of the bathroom floor. I didn't say anything for three days and I thought the cleaning staff would clean it . Nothing was done and i spoke to someone in the general managers office and she said that it would be taken care of right away and she would say something to the manager. I did not here from any one about being sorry for not cleaning the bathroom floor. Other than this problem I still like staying at Marriots.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Generalmanager825, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. Please accept our apologies for the issue concerning your bathroom cleanliness. We will certainly address this issue with the staff to ensure cleaning is conducted to the expected standard.

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Orlando Lake Mary? Share your experiences!