“Amazing place and staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Morden, Canada
“Amazing place and staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We arrived December 15, 2012 to Sanford Airport and needed a place to stay for the evening before heading to Treasure Island the next day! We were traveling with our adult children and the setup of these suites was exceptional! The staff was superior and it seemed that they could not do enough to accommodate us! We were so impressed we returned to this hotel 2 days before our flight returned home so we could enjoy the atmosphere and do some relaxing! Would highly recommend and would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: The two bedroom suites are set up perfectly for 2 couples or a family traveling.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Generalmanager825, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
We are pleased your enjoyed your stay and that you found our two bedroom suites to be the perfect fit for the needs of your party. Come back to see us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Goldsboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed overnight in this hotel to catch an early morning flight from the Sanford/Orlando airport. This hotel is tucked away from the highway but is an amazing facility with a superior staff to accommodate your needs. There are a number of restaurants, grocery stores and other shopping opportunities very close to the hotel. I was amazed how complete the room was and thought I could have lived in this room for some time. I highly recommend this facility whether you need overnight or long term accommodations. Was very appreciative of the free morning shuttle to the airport the morning of my flight! 1st class service! If I am ever in the area again, this will be on the top of my list. Thanks for a great visit!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your comments. We hope to see you again soon!
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Above all this hotel has all the perfect conditions abs services to be outstanding. Clean rooms, good happy hour, ok snacks, acceptable breakfast. Also great location and a general manager that actually us there very early and leaves late. On the other hand, the operations manager lacks professional customer service and shows favoritism toward some customers breaking hotel policies and underestimating top tier guests. During happy hour beer is to be consumed at the dining area. No one is to take pitchers to room, but for her some can and others can't. I was one that was denied taking a pitcher to the room , when I experienced in 2 different occasions the exceptions. The housekeeping supervisor was not an exception. I asked her for some information and promised to get it to my suite and I'm still waiting. So if careless management doesn't bother you this is the p,ace to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Generalmanager825, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay. Per our previous conversation, I have addressed your concerns with the team to ensure all policies are applied equally and that guests requests are responded to in a timely fashion. Please accept my apologies.
Tea, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Checked in late before catching our flight out of Sanford. Friendly staff, very clean. Very nice design. Suites were large. Kitchens were bigger than older Inn's. The appliances were nicer too.

We had to catch an early flight out. McDonald's nearby is 24 hour. However, no gas stations real close. So budget a few extra minutes before returning your rental car.

Will definitely return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay, we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

This might be the third review I have written on this hotel; that's because I love it and stay here quite often. I have said it all before, but will reiterate: wonderful staff (all of them I have come in contact with), super clean, comfy, fully-equipped rooms, delicious breakfast (very clean and tidy breakfast area), and they also have dinners during the week. It's all good.

Now one thing I never mentioned before that I also love is that this hotel has the hook-ups for electric cars! Right outside the back door, there are 4 or 5 reserved spaces where you can charge your electric car. How cool is that? While I don't have an electric car, I do appreciate the environmental aspect of this feature and appreciate that the hotel offers this. I also noticed that the city of Sanford has those hook-ups in their downtown area.

Oh, there's all the usual stuff: good free wi-fi, plenty of free parking. The hotel is kind of in a corporate business area (pretty area right off of I-4), and there are several shops, restaurants, a movie theatre, and a grocery store within walking distance (about a block or two away).

I'll be back -- soon!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Generalmanager825, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for your repeat business and for taking the time to share your experience. I am pleased you enjoy staying with us.

We offer two car charging stations and are part of the ChargePoint Network. The best part is you can charge your car for free!

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

When I asked the staff to turn down the trundle bed, they refused. This is unacceptable. At a bare minimum, a hotel should provide basic service requests relating to the bed.

I have never had a service request refused at any other hotel, ever, in forty years of hotel travel.

This is an otherwise average business-class hotel. But the service failure is a fatal flaw.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Please accept our apologies, we strive to honor all guest requests to ensure your stay is enjoyable. We have discussed this particular concern with the staff to address any operational issues.
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This was an extremely comfortable hotel that we booked last minute to avoid an exhausting 3-hour drive home. We are more than satisfied! The staff was courteous and attentive. The room was spotless, spacious and very well designed! We LOVED the high ceilings! Morning breakfast was delicious and wi-fi was fast! We certainly will not hesitate to return if we are ever in the area!

Room Tip: I can't speak for rooms on other floors, but our ground-floor room had HIGH ceilings! LOVED IT!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Generalmanager825, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
We are pleased you found your stay relaxing and a good place to rest before your 3 hour drive. Due to the hotels design our first floor guest room ceilings are a little higher, at 12 feet, then floors 2 - 6, which are still a spacious 9 feet in height.
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments, we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Orlando Lake Mary? Share your experiences!