“good exeperience” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tampa, Florida
“good exeperience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I recommend this Hyatt! Breakfast included, with great rooms and great rates.,Very nice! Comfortable bed,I would go back when I am in the area Good value and very clean!********************************

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
HyattPlaceLakeMary, General Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for your recommendation of the Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North! We’re happy that our accommodations exceeded your expectations, and at a value too. We can’t wait to have you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stayed here for five nights, so I kind of got to know the place reasonably well. First, let me say that this was the best value for money hotel stay I have ever had. We booked on Priceline and got an incredible deal. I wasn't expecting much for the price I paid, so was very pleasantly surprised.

The room itself was very large - certainly enough room for 5 days (though we really only used it to sleep in). If we had wanted to, we could even have entertained in it - there was a large sectional, a small fridge and a huge (HUGE) television. Not many hotel rooms like that! The bathroom was so-so. Pretty small in comparison with the rest of the room. No bathtub (okay for me, but my husband only takes baths unless forced into a shower), and a different sort of shower. It doesn't completely close - the door runs about 3/4 of the way to the other wall. I understand this is style, but in my mind style doesn't trump function, and I found that water sprayed a bit out of the shower, getting onto the very small bathroom floor. The bathroom itself contained a toilet and shower, and the sink was on the outside in a sort of vanity.

The bed itself was reasonably comfortable, but I didn't sleep too well - for a few reasons. First, the air conditioner is extremely loud - something like putting your ear right up to a stereo playing static on high. It came on throughout the night and woke me up a few times each night. And the pillows. Now, for the deal I got, I would not expect a hotel to provide a variety of pillows (though some hotels do, and I imagine it can't be too expensive to do so). They were very fluffy and provided basically zero neck support. After thrashing around one night, I called down to ask the front desk if I could somehow get a more solid pillow, but they didn't have anything else. I understand that. So I rolled up one pillow as tight as I could get it and set my neck on it. It wasn't comfortable, but at least I could sleep. My husband used a rolled up blanket, as the pillows were too soft for him as well.

One other thing - though not something I would expect them to be able to fix - on our Saturday night stay-over, the hallways were very loud, with lots of slamming doors. The staff can't control the customers, of course, but it would be nice if there was a bit more insulation against sound (or some way to soften the slam of the door). Thank goodness I packed earplugs!

The rest of the stay was entirely positive. Everyone we encountered at the hotel was professional and friendly. The breakfast was just awesome - something for everyone and very satisfying. The hotel itself was upscale looking. We will be coming back to the Sanford area at least every other year, so will definitely stay again if we can get a decent deal.

Thanks for the great stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattPlaceLakeMary, General Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
The Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North aims to provide you with a home away from home and it sounds like we accomplished this with you. Thank you for providing us with such detailed feedback. As breakfast is the most important meal of the day, our complimentary Kitchen Skillet breakfast provides a large variety of hot items in order to satisfy all palates. We do apologize that you did not sleep as peacefully as you should have and we will share your comments with our maintenance staff in order to make improvements. It would be lovely to see you again the next time you’re in our area!
Calabasas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Great
stay! Very nice! Comfortable bed.
And a very nice staff. I recommend this Hyatt!
Breakfast included. We missed the happy hour .. Sad
Perfect location for our needs
I would go back when I am in the area
Good value and very clean!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattPlaceLakeMary, General Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for your recommendation of the Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North! Our complimentary hot breakfast is a great way to start your day and we’re glad that you enjoyed it. It’s great that our prime location in Lake Mary added to your stay. We would love to have you back again soon!
Kingston, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

This is a lovely location with great rooms and great rates. The breakfasts are awesome but when they say it is over at 10am they mean that!Our room was spacious, small fridge, one-sup coffee maker, safe, couch, etc. Beds were comfortable and it was very clean. No coffee in the lobby unless you buy it. No on-sire restaurant so you have to drive or walk to the areas near by. There are several places within a 1/4-1/2 mile walk. Shuttle service is also available within a short radius. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
We’re pleased to discover that our spacious accommodations, equipped with modern amenities, kept you comfortable on your stay. While we do not have a formal restaurant, our Gallery, Bakery Cafe, and Grab n’ Go provide plenty of meal options. Our complimentary shuttle is a great way to explore Northern Orlando and Lake Mary, where there are many great dining establishments to try! Your review of the Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North is greatly appreciated and we hope that you’ll visit us again soon.
Apopka, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Only spent a night here but after looking around the hotel options closer to where we needed to be, decided it was worth the extra drive to come here and we're glad we did. Rooms are good size and having the seperate area with the couch and desk is great to unwind after a long day without feeling like you're stuck in an typical hotel room. I really like the layout.

Rooms were clean, typical included breakfast was good, if I was in the area again I'd stay here without a doubt.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattPlaceLakeMary, General Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
We’re thrilled that the Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando-North made you feel at home! It’s great that our spacious accommodations went above your expectations and provided you with an evening of rest and relaxation. Thank you for sharing your experience with us; we hope that you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again in the near future!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

First off I was charged a very hefty fee for my pet while the fee was waived for another customer. The pet fee was actually higher than the room charge.
There was a large group gathered being very loud outside my window near the pool.I called down to ask the front desk for someone to quiet them down. The pool closes at 10. I didn't make my first cAll until 11pm.They said they would take care of it . At 1130 I called again because they still had not quieted them. I called again at midnight and finally someone went down and kicked the crowd out. For two hours I had to keep turning my TV louder to drown out the laughter and profanity of the drunk guests even though I wanted to shut it off and go to sleep. I told the staff in the morning how my night was terrible due to their lack of management and that I got only 4 hours sleep because as luck would have it at least some of the guests room was bear me and that is where the party continued.The compensation offered was 2500 bonus points for a future stay. No thank you,I will stay where management follows through on their word and is consistent with all guests.

• Stayed October 2013
HyattPlaceLakeMary, General Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Positive or otherwise, we take the feedback and concerns of our guests very seriously. We would like to point out that with the exception of guests staying more than seven days where a cleaning fee must be added, our pet fee is only $75. All of our guests are treated equally and we apologize for any noise disturbances and frustration you experienced during your stay. We wish that our attempt to make things right led to a resolution and we hope that you’ll consider giving us another chance with a future stay. Thank you for reaching out to us.
Colorado Springs
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Where to start? This was right near our business so the location was great. Room was clean and huge.
However on the minus side, no king sized bed rooms have a tub, only a shower. The whole bathroom layout was really terrible. The door swings in missing the toilet by inches and you feel like you are in a cruise ship bathroom. No working fan in bathroom. Hair dryer was broke but we got another. The shower door design we guess was modern but a partial glass door that sprays out on the floor was sad. Only one towel bar for two people which was sad. My husband almost broke his toe in the door at night going into there.
No rooms have microwaves though the lobby has one.
The fridge has no freezer portion to it. The a/c blows right on the bed and because the room has a half partition, the air conveniently circles down it and blows on both sides if the bed which was a drag.
Several times called the front desk but no answer.
Would rather stay at a less hip hotel where the bathroom door opens out with a handle in the left side.

• Stayed October 2013
HyattPlaceLakeMary, General Manager at Hyatt Place Orlando Lake Mary, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
While we’re happy that our location was a plus on your stay, we wish more aspects of your experience were as well. We apologize that the style of our rooms were not to your liking and for the situation you encountered with our front desk. Positive or not, the feedback we receive from our guests is always appreciated. We hope that you’ll give our hotel another chance to provide you a much-improved stay; our staff is always happy to assist you in finding the perfect accommodations to suit your needs.

Been to Hyatt Place Orlando Lake Mary? Share your experiences!