“No room anywhere else in the middle of the night” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cabot Lodge

You added Cabot Lodge to your Saves list
Cabot Lodge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3525 US 90 West, Lake City, FL 32055 (Formerly Comfort Inn Lake City)   |
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Lake City
Kingsport, Tennessee
“No room anywhere else in the middle of the night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Typically we tend to go name brand on the road when we can't make reservations ahead but, they were all full due to a storm that had locals in all the hotels. We asked at one of the big chains and they suggested Cabot Lodge. We were pleasantly surprised. Reasonable rate, large clean rooms. Not a fan of exterior door entry but overall I would stay here for a one night on the road stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Cabot_Lodge-L-C, General Manager at Cabot Lodge, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for choosing us and giving us a chance to serve you.
I am very pleased your stay was good and you were pleasantly surprised.
Please come back when you are in our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

This motel is ok for an overnighter if on a budget. The room was clean as other reviews have stated. The bed was fine. The ac limped along & finally cooled the room once the sun went down. The gentleman at check in was gracious, friendly & helpful. He would be better suited at the front desk of a more upscale property. The other guests at the complimentary happy hour were eager to converse and socialize. The quality of the snacks were bulk warehouse, we didnt try the wine or beer. If we need to stay the night in Lake City again,we will spend a few more dollars and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Cabot_Lodge-L-C, General Manager at Cabot Lodge, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
David

Thank you for sharing your comments with us! You’re doing so, lets us know how our guests perceive us and how we can better serve you in the future.
I am the gentleman at check in - thank you for your kind comment!
I am glad you found our rooms clean, our beds fine, and our staff gracious, friendly and helpful.
I have addressed the issue with the guest room air conditioner and am glad you brought this to my attention.
As we move forward with property improvements we will replace more air conditioners.

Daryl
Cincinnati
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

The hotel was nice for the cost. I compare the room to a Quality Inn. Has all exterior corridors, which I'm not a huge fan. But if you're on a budget as we were, it suites a need. The hotel does have a nice evening social with complimentary wine and draft beer as well as soft drinks for those who do not wish to partake in alcohol. They also offer a complimentary breakfast, which was very nice. The breakfast included eggs and sausage as well as make your own waffles and the normal continental breakfast fare. The pool seemed a bit small but unfortunately it was raining and we weren't able to use it. The only problems we encountered were; 1) we were only able to book a king room. However when we arrived at appox. 4:10 pm the room was not ready. The woman at the front desk told us it would be ready in about a half hour. We returned at 5:15 and again were told the room wasn't ready and would be ready in a half hour. At that point she told me she had a room with two double beds available. I wasn't thrilled with a double bed, but accepted it. 2) We were on the interstate side of the hotel. From our room on the first floor, we could hear the cars driving on the expressway. The trucks were very noticeable. But the worst was the people walking by our room talking and yelling until after mid-night. The last time I heard them and looked at the clock was 12:43 am. I did see the hotel had a security guard, but apparently he didn't patrol the grounds as this started about 9:00. If we returned, I would definitely request a room on the second floor opposite the interstate. But I seriously doubt we would return.

Room Tip: Request a room opposite the interstate and on the second floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking your time and sharing your experience with us.
I apologize your stay was less than satisfactory and your requested guest room was not ready when you arrived. Guest satisfaction is of utmost importance to us.
We had very limited availability the weekend you stayed with us we had sports teams staying with us which were booked months in advance.
I realize the sports teams may have been active when they returned from their late games.
I shared your comments with our staff members and we discussed how we can improve on our service.
I am glad you were pleased with our complementary hot Breakfast Buffet and our nightly Social Hour.
Please contact me at the hotel if you would give us another chance.
I will do whatever I can to place you in a king room away from the highway and I hope to have you as a satisfied guest with a positive experience.

Vacaville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

No one wants to here me rave here so the facts are this:
Check in was friendly and professional. The staff was able to answer questions about the area (important when the state is in a state of emergency) and was very helpful.
The room was comfortably large with a work area and also had a comfortable chair in additon to the one at the desk.
The room smelled clean (too many have a mildewy or perfumed smell, especially in the AC unit but not here)
The room had a refrigerator but not a microwave (the only negative for the room).
My wife expressed a geat satisfaction with the pillows (she is with me on this trip and has had a couple of rooms she had an alergic reaction to the pillows)
Comfortable bed
The soaps are not the use once and throw away. Two bars are provided and one is about a third of a normal bar of soap and the other about half a normal bar of soap.
The towels are fluffy, clean and absorbant (not like the towels that are fluffy but don't absorb anything).
Location is convienent. The I-75 offramp is right next to the property (freeway noise isn't aweful but ever present) Situated at the corner of I-75 and Hwy 90 there is a tremendous amount of things available to do.
Breakfast was great. So many properties claim hot breakfast but only have a waffle machine. This property actually has eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy as well as the waffle machine.
I was unable to go to the social hour but the fact that it's available is a nice touch.
My wife was in the room when housekeeping came and said they were very friendly.
The pool is small but clean.
Overall the property is very worth the price and is definately the best value in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway to avoid the noise.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay at Cabot lodge Lake City and giving us a chance to serve you.
We are very pleased you had a "Wonderful Stay" and found our staff friendly and professional.
We really appreciate you taking the time to share your very nice comments with everyone.
We hope to see you again when you are in the area!

Daryl
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Very clean, tastefully furnished and a fair price. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was good: eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffles, etc. The social hour was a really nice touch! It was raining the day we checked in so we didn't get to swim but the pool area looked clean and well-maintained. The only thing I might do differently next time is to ask for a room facing the grassy area rather than the main road as I could hear the traffic at night, my husband grew up on a main road and it didn't bother him at all but I am a light sleeper. Other than that it was a very pleasant stay. We will definitely stay here again the next time we are traveling through.

Room Tip: If traffic sounds bother you ask for a room facing the grassy area rather than the main road.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Cabot_Lodge-L-C, General Manager at Cabot Lodge, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a very nice review and for sharing your experience with others.
We are very happy your stay was comfortable and that you found our staff friendly.
When you return please call ahead so we can make sure you're in a guest room away from the highway.

We are looking forward to your return visit to Cabot Lodge Lake City!

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

this is a return trip for me. I brought a friend with me this time because I wanted her to experience the Cabot Lodge difference. Due to a terrible rainstorm we missed the social hour which was a disappointment BUT finding out the reservation was for a different property, could have been a nightmare. The manager Barbara and another associate were fantastic helping us solve the problem. The extra care the staff gives its customer makes this lhotel shine on a road with multiple hotel choices.!

Room Tip: nonsmoking rooms are in the back where it is quieter,
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

While traveling we spent one night at 2 different Cabot Lodges. My husband and I are now big fans!! Convenient locations, clean rooms, unbeatable room rates, and free breakfast & happy hour!! Can't be beat!! Lake City was a great value and the staff was very friendly & helpful. From now on Cabot Lodge will be our hotel of choice for a night's stay.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Cabot Lodge? Share your experiences!