“Service was horrible, rooms are nice & clean” 2 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Lake City
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   414 SW Florida Gateway Drive, Lake City, FL 32024   |
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Lake City
Toronto, Canada
“Service was horrible, rooms are nice & clean”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I didn't know how to rate this property as the property itself is very good for the price, clean and comfortable!The breakfast was ok, could add a waffle machine or some hot oatmeal. Now for the big issue... as soon as I walked in, I was greeted terribly. I had just driven all day and night to come in to ask for a price for a room and the clerk was very rude letting me know that there were no rooms left for the coupon ad price without letting me reply, she told me the going rate and walked away before I could say one word. I was left standing there with my mouth open. The other lady there stepped in and was VERY nice. She was able to check us in after the first girl (will omit her name) proceeded to patronize me from the lobby. She should not be left at the desk to greet guests, I have never been treated that poorly at a hotel before.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed a very clean, functional room that was a great value. I always appreciate (and seek)rooms with a refrigerator and microwave, which these rooms had. You can enjoy a good cup of coffee, a "banana and bagel or bowl of cereal" ---type breakfast included with your room. No reason to pay more, particularly if you are just looking for a hotel as you travel through to other areas. I would recommend this hotel and we would return again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Checking in this hotel went well. Not a big deal but normally as a Redi Card Member both of us get a free bottle of water but this hotel only gives one. Room was clean & neat. Had a flat screen TV with a good choice of channels. Had Wifi but NOT good unless you plugged into the modem in the desk. Would stay again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stopped here on our way to Disney World just to sleep. People at check-in were polite and helpful. The room was clean, the king-size bed was comfortable, and the place was quiet. My husband and I had no complaints at all. Our kids and grandkids (party of five) stayed in another room, and they felt like it was a little crowded for five people. The complimentary breakfast is very basic...mostly cold stuff...but for the price of the room, it was a good deal. I'm giving this 5 stars based on what it is and what we paid for it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Bourbon, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stopped for the night as we headed for a vacation in south Florida. The room was clean, the beds comfortable and they allow pets. We had a quiet, good nights sleep. The staff was friendly. We accidentally forgot our dog bowl in the room. Two weeks later we dropped by on our way home and they had our dog bowl. We will return next time we go to Florida.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Stopped on our way to Treasure Island for our winter holiday, it was New Years Eve and we were not charged an arm and leg because it was. We try to stay at Red Roof Inns on our travels, they are well priced and pet friendly.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Grand Haven, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Usually, my wife and I share the same experiences...this time, not so much! She had a hard time sleeping due to the discomfort of the mattress, the sheets coming undone and bunching up, the noises of people apparently celebrating in the parking lot past three am and noise from the highway. Me, I slept like a baby. Often, the reverse is true, so while we will drive on by this place in the future I cannot say you should pass it up. It is a (relatively) good value for the area and the desk clerk was very nice.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Lake City? Share your experiences!