“Was a nice stay and thank you for have a clean rooms,nice...” 4 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Lake City I-75 to your Saves list
Days Inn Lake City I-75
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3144 West US Highway 90, Lake City, FL 32055   |
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Lake City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This motel was horrible. There was mold in the shower, there were ants all over the room. They didn't have any wash clothes available. The beds were small and the room was very hot. July in Florida you need to have a good working AC. We were woke up by people outside our door at 1230. Then around 0200 there was someone trying to get into our room because he was drunk. Got up the next morning and there was vomit all along the 2nd floor and someones clothes outside our room. The breakfast was less than desirable so we went across the street to McDonalds.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
daysinnI75, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Lake City I-75, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
We aologize for the issues that you had while staying with us.
Covington, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This was our 2nd time staying here while passing through FLA. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We had requested a roll-a-way bed, and it was in the room when we arrived. We stayed here again because of the friendly staff, and they did not let us down this time either. Will be back...

Room Tip: I was traveling with my mother and kids. I was offered a ground floor room where she did not have t...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
daysinnI75, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Lake City I-75, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thank You for the kind words , we look forward to seeing you again the next time you come through town.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Melinda was absolutely amazing! She was very courteous, friendly and did EVERYTHING possible to change my reservation to get me OUT of a smoking room! Thank you thank you thank you! The rooms were average size. The only problem we found was there was only one washing machine and dryer. We were there for a softball tournament and one washing machine means waiting a long time to use it. Otherwise it was an average hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
daysinnI75, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Lake City I-75, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank You for staying with us and we would also like to Thank You for pointing out the job that Belinda done for you, she is a very good desk clerk. We hope to see you again very soon.
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Our room was average but clean, bed comfy, only two towels given, bathroom toilet not clean, walls thin, and could see outline if lights outside as door needed to be insulated. The staff was very nice. Lots of restaurants around for dinner. Close to highway!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Please come back and se us again, we will look at the issues that you have presented and will get them taken care of.
Mid Florida, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My stay here was one of the WORST experiences I've ever had at any hotel. The only reason we did not change hotels is because our entire team was staying here. There were MANY issues with this hotel stay. I will give you the good and only a few of our bad experiences at this hotel.

The Bad

1. Room was FILTHY at check in (around 1am). It smelled like a wet dog. There was food under the edge of bed. There was pubic hair on the walls of the shower and floor in the bathroom. I had to bleach shower myself before using. The toilet looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a year. See the attached photo of the toilet.

2. The roll away we requested was put in our room but not set up. At 1:30 am, we had to move a large desk down towards the door, a large dresser that is also used as a TV stand and then we also had to move the refrigerator that was in the room to make our roll away fit. I asked the manager, Erick, why it wasn't set up for us with furniture moved and he said they "have not set up a roll away for anyone in 10+ years". I asked "So you expect your guests to come in and move a refrigerator, a large desk and a dresser/tv stand combo in order to get a roll away to fit.... especially at 1am?" He responded with a YES. REALLY?!?!?

3. Rooms (per the maintenance man AND housekeeping) are only given 3 bath towels and 3 hand towels. We had 5 people in our room and when we asked for additional towels, it was a hassle. We had to pretty much BEG the stay for additional towels. On our second night, we again requested additional towels. We had a very rude maintenance man come to the room demanding our dirty towels and told us "you need to use less towels and they're not to be used for the pool". I asked if they had pool towels to which he responded with "No, we do not have pool towels". When asked what we were supposed to use for the pool, we were told to go by our own pool towels. at 11:30pm, I had to go down to the front desk and ask the lady for additional towels. We were given 3 more. When I brought his up to Erick, the front desk manager, he said "We've given everyone here an ample amount of extra towels." I told him that we are not discussing any other room, person or team and the problems that they've had. We are discussing the issues that I had with our stay."

4. At the end of our stay, I went and spoke to "Erick" who claimed to by the front desk manager. I've not met a more rude manager. I started to explain the problems we had during our stay and about 1 1/2 sentences in, he cut me off and said "oh, are you room 2047? I read the log book about the issues you've had. I've removed your roll away fee for all 4 days which is a total of $42.80." After going back and forth with him for nearly 10 minutes, I asked him if he felt that $43 was an amount that sufficiently made up for our issues and he said yes.

The Good

1. There is ample parking.
2. Close to a lot of restaurants and a Walmart.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay at this hotel. There are quite a few hotels in this area to chose from. This hotel is ru...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
daysinnI75, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Lake City I-75, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
I would like to again apologize for the issues that you had while staying with us and have forwarded all of this information to the General manager.
Kraemer, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Just the basics. Definitely not much for your money. You can literally see the light around the door. Beds were damp and musky. Bathroom was very small but served its purpose . We were only stopping to sleep a few hours and get cleaned up. It is in a good location . It could use some upgrades.

• Stayed June 2014
daysinnI75, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Lake City I-75, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank You for staying with us, we will look into the issues that you listed .

Been to Days Inn Lake City I-75? Share your experiences!