“This is what HAMPTON INNS are about!” 5 of 5 stars

AAA Members Save!
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Lake City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Maryville, Tennessee
“This is what HAMPTON INNS are about!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2008

In a world of I-75 mediocrity and rooms practically placed on the interstate itself (making rest an oxymoron), the Hampton Inn at Lake City delivers and delivers more than expected in all departments. Hampton Inn should pay "Ray," the person who greeted us upon our check-in, to be Marketing Director for all hotels and train all personnel - he is outstanding! He makes every person feel as if they are the only one he is concerned with making comfortable, and he is beyond accommodating in recommendations for restaurants (excellent choices by the way - another review under restaurants). The hotel is clean, clean, clean, quiet and beautiful. The pool is gorgeous and the staff all helpful and smiling - just what we travelers need so badly. Yes, it may be a little more expensive than some of the other Hamptons on I-75 - but worth every penny for a beautiful hotel, a good night's rest and feeling completely taken care of. Bravo Hampton Inn Lake City - you have restored our confidence in this hotel chain.

• Liked — The friendly reception and helpfulness of the staff and the very clean hotel
  • Disliked — Everything was beyond expectation
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

I have used TripAdvisor to checkout hotels for many of my business and vacation trips and haven't written any review/feedback. I was tempted to write a review for the Hampton Inn at Lake City as it was such a nice Hotel. I have stayed at many Hampton Inn's and this was far the best out of the lot. We stayed here on August 22nd on our way back from Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge (which is a fantastic place to stay). The room was big and clean with comfortable beds.
They had hot coffee when we checked in late and fruits too. I would recommend this to families as well as individuals who needs to crash for the night.

• Liked — Clean new comfortable rooms and great lobby
  • Disliked — Bathroom
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2008

What a wonderful hotel--clean rooms, comfortable beds, beautiful decor!! One of the nicest Hampton Inns I've stayed in. I highly recommend it! (And, believe me, I am very picky! As a matter of fact, the reason my husband and I even stayed at this hotel was because I had refused to stay at a hotel in Tallahassee that I had already paid for earlier the same evening because the sheets were filthy. My intention was to drive all the way back home but we were too tired to make it and decided to give this Hampton a try. I'm glad we did!) There were only two minor concerns with the hotel: interstate noise (which I solved with earplugs) and slow internet connection speed. For me, a clean room and a comfortable bed is much more important. Overall, I give this hotel an A+!

• Liked — cleanliness of room
  • Disliked — slow internet
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2008

We decided to stay at this place on a whim. We were tired of driving and decided there was no way we would make it to Pensacola Beach that day. Anyway, on our two week vacation this was probably one of the, if not the, best hotels we stayed at out of the seven on our vacation.

The front desk person, I think her name was Samantha, was extremely helpful in getting a room. She even gave us a discount even though we have no memberships of corporate account. She informed of the local eateries and her preferences which was a huge help as we were all starving.

The commons / eating area is really nice. It is a place you feel can you actually hang out in and be comfortable with it; not feel out of place.

They had several luggage trolleys unlike their big brother Embassy Suites which may have one.

There is a snack shop to buy, well, snacks.

The elevators have a beautiful green marble in them. It maybe fake, but it looked real to me. They even talk to you telling you which way it is heading. A little whimsical, but it was kind of cool.

The rooms were first class. Yes, it was no suite like big brother, but they were extremely nice, clean, comfortable, and geared to go. Internet is free. They have both network cables and Wi-Fi. The signal is strong, but it may have been a little overloaded with all of the guest as it was a little slow. The working desk is out of the way in the corner and is a veneer of a nice burl wood. It is perfect: nice looking, big enough, out of the way, network cable connection, electrical outlet and phone. All in one place with plenty of room to spare.

The only down side that I saw with the room was a tube TV and a dead spot in the corner of the room. The dead spot ended up working out nice for all of the luggage and souvenirs we had acquired along the way.

The breakfast was hot buffet meets continental. The hot side offered pre-made cheese omelettes and ham. The coffee was excellent and hot. They offered several types of hot chocolates for the kids. And of course the typical continental affair.

The great thing with the breakfast was that we got down there near closing and not only did they leave it open for us they also offered us "breakfast on the run" bags. These bags contained a muffin, apple, cereal bar, and water. This was an extremely nice touch. The hotel staff also ensured we were completely finished prior to shutting down anything.

I would highly recommend this place for anyone staying in Lake City, FL or just passing through and needing a place to crash for the night. I wish all of the hotels we had stayed at while on vacation had been this nice. Not only nice looking but nice staff.

• Liked — Great staff / great hotel
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2008

as clean as it could have been..............nice ceramic tiles in lobby and in the bathrooms.

nice large rooms with clean comfy beds.

quiet housekeepers and GREAT service at the front desk.

a gem RIGHT off the exit of 75; downright perfect.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2008

Great hosts. We discovered a sticky bathroom floor and the desk staff graciously upgraded us to another room. This hotel was surrounded with restaurants so dinner choices were many. Very clean other than the floor in the first room. Breakfast was very nice. We would recommed this hotel to our family and friends.

• Liked — Very nice hosts
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2007

Thank you reviewer "St. Albans, UK", My husband and I stayed only one night on our way to Florida. I was very pleased with the bathroom. The space and nooks for your tolietries plus the glass walk-in shower and towels were as good as any four star property. Everything was very clean and the bed and linens were great. Breakfast was what you would expect. The staff was cleaning the doors, opening doors, and seemed to really care. They recommended a local seafood restaurant that was really good. The only concern was the Interstate noise, however, just turn the air system to ON and the problem solved. Brenda

• Liked — Great Bathrooms
  • Disliked — Interstate Noise
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Lake City? Share your experiences!