“Delish!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Delish!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We eat there whenever we are heading through Florida. Lake City is a good stopping point to eat and find a hotel before heading into southern Florida. The wait staff is very nice the the food is always helpful. Finally got there on a night when they have the buffet. Nice selection of tasty foods. A must stop.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sparta, Georgia
“A Great Place to Taste the Taste of Ole Mexico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is my most favorite place to get Mexican food in Lake City...I have been there many, many times and never been disappointed...try to go there when they offer the AUCE buffet which is dynamite. A literal explosion of tasty flavors and will certainly satisfy the fussiest food critic and their taste buds. Beer & wine available...

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Clermont, Florida
“Food just average, had better at other Mexican Restaurants.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Just ok. Lake City didn't seem to have much to offer that was open on a Monday and didn't involve mostly deep fried food. We thought we would give this place a try.

Pros: Rustic, informal, Mexican themed decor. Wait staff very friendly, restrooms reasonably clean. Reasonable prices. They gave us the 2 for 1 margaritas special (they were good) even though it was 7:05 pm. Tortillas and salsa (free refills) were crispy and fresh. Hubby got the vegetarian fajitas which were pretty good.

Cons: I got a "new" item on the menu, the "Carne Asada" which sounded good, certified Angus beef. However, the beef was tough as shoe leather and had about the same flavor.

My little bowl of beans was lukewarm, and so I asked the waitress if she would heat it up for me. They weren't that busy so I was surprised it was almost 10 minutes before I got my beans back.

The orange colored Mexican rice was ok, but we have had better.

I can't speak for the rest of the menu, but if what we ordered is any indication, I would say this place will have to try a little harder to impress with its food.

My standard of comparison is Ay Jalisco in Clermont, FL, their food never disappoints.
2.5 out of 5 stars.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
East Brunswick, New Jersey
“Tops!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Never expected to find such good, authentic Mexican food in this part of Florida. It was like dining in some grandma's home, with handmade food which contained great flavor. The steak fajitas were sooooo good. Best flavor and beautifully cooked. Excellent homemade salsa & chips.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Columbus
“Great Mexican food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Did not expect to get such great Mexican food in Lake City but was pleasantly surprised by the quality and taste of food at this little gem of restaurant. Staff was very friendly and attentive. The only thing we missed was music. It was a little quiet in the restaurant but we enjoyed ourselves anyhow and would definitely return if ever in Lake City.

• Visited November 2012