“Terrific seafood, local charm, great value.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Terrific seafood, local charm, great value.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We asked out hotel clerk about a good place to eat last minute on a Saturday night (we'd been driving all day and didn't want to wait a long time, but wanted a decent meal.) He sent us to Cedar River, and wow, was he right! More food than we could eat, and excellently priced. My husband loves fried oysters but can't often find them cooked correctly (still juicy inside, not too much breading) and he said these were perfect (and a lot of them). I had the shrimp and catfish combo, which was seasoned perfectly and more than I could eat. There are lots of options for sides. I had the optional clam chowder (outstanding) and mac-n-cheese (good). He had slaw and sweet potato souffle (both excellent). The place was crowded,but we didn't have to wait for a table. The server apologized about the crowd and the noise (lots of kids dressed in baseball uniforms) but it wasn't necessary. We received great service and yummy food in efficient restaurant. What more could you ask on the road on a Saturday night? If you like Southern food, go!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Lake City, Florida
“THE Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Cedar River has the best seafood I have eaten in many years! It beats "the other" seafood place in town on more than one level. It is more down home friendly, a little more room between tables, and wonderful seafood. If you are a big eater, the "all you can eat " specials are great!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“Business supper”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

Forget what you read, this place has GREAT SEAFOOD and dinner specials

Fried flounder and shrimp with 2 sides for $12.99

More food than I could eat and they serve beer and wine!

Nice trophy's on the wall....

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Florida
“Empty tables,lousy service........”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Hello everyone:
Contrary to most of the reviews,I went today to have lunch(4/18/2012 @ close to
1pm).I made it very easy for the waitress,ordered a 1/2 carafe of white wine,and a senior special for $9.00.She brought my wine,(not even an attempt to pour).Drop my lunch and left........
Finish my lunch so she brings the check,and I ASKED her,do you offer any dessert? She mumbled something like cheese cake and something else.......(mind you ALL the tables were dirty and empty)the rush hour was over,so she was more interested in cleaning up the tables
that hustling up an extra buck.I used to be a waiter in Palm Beach and you had to hastle to get
an extra buck from the very wealthy.No problem I tipped according to the service.She will do much better @ Wm,for minimun wage.As far as I'm concern I pais $18.00 for fair food and very
lousy service.I do not think I'll contribute any more money to a lousy cause,I would rather a few steps acros the street to road house where service is more consistent with a smile.
I hope it helps..........caravallo.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Lake City, Florida
“Excellent and Very Affordable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

I met with friends for lunch at Cedar Rivers yesterday. I ordered fried flounder with grits and okra & tomatoes. The flounder was lightly breaded and fried a golden brown. Not the least be greasy. The grits came in a hot ramekin and were beautifully seasoned. They stayed hot throughout the entire meal and were good to the last bite. The okra & tomatoes were slightly spicy and also in a hot dish and stayed hot. There were also 2 hush puppies served with my lunch. Each table has just about any kinda sauce or seasoning you might desire so you don't have to wait on someone to bring them out to you. The price of my meal was $7.75 and I ended up taking home some of the fish and the hush puppies. (I am a big eater so believe me there was a pile of fish on my plate) I would highly recommend this restaurant. A little secret you might like to know...they will let you order off the lunch menu anytime and any day.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere