“Not your oridinary Holiday Inn Express” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Lady Lake
Chuluota
“Not your oridinary Holiday Inn Express”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express was the perfect place to stay. It is centrally located, so you can walk to restaurants and stores. We rented a golf cart from a place about 2 miles from the hotel. The staff was very friendly. They allowed us to check in at noon instead of waiting until 3:00. That was a big bonus!!! It was really comfortable and nice inside.

Room Tip: If barking dogs bother you, bring earplugs. The rooms facing the pool are very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
St. Marys, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

What a nice experience, the staff actually was please that I brought my Yorkie with me to their hotel. There were at least 5 other Yorkies there and all the guest seemed to enjoy my dog.

It is in a great location in Spanish Springs and the room was large and included a microwave, small refrigerator and bar sink which was a welcome addition to our room.

They have a special "Friends and Family" rate which was very affordable and I will stay with them on all future trips while trying to buy a home there. That rate can be used also for friends and family when they come to visit after I move there I felt like I was in Europe with their welcome attitude toward pets.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stay at hotels over 50 nights a year, and this is by far the best one I've stayed at in a long time. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. The hotel seemed to be "like new", the rooms were very comfortable. The location is great, we walked to the Town Square in the evening for free live entertainment. A number of restaurants are also within walking distance. We also rented a golf cart for under $20 a day (the hotel front desk gave us the info on who to call to rent one). The overall experience was AMAZING, we will definitely be back in the near future.

Room Tip: I would recommend the top floor rooms for better views!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rockford, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Very decent hotel for the price located about 10 minutes south of Silver Springs Florida and the villages close enough to drive quickly 2 about anywhere you need to go.
The only thing I did not like was I had ordered a smoking room on the web and also talk to an agent on the phone who said I had a smoking room and when I arrive they said there are no smoking rooms in any hotels in Florida it's a no smoking state yet I stayed to other nights at another hotel that had several smoking rooms in it and it was a major chain also.
Don't know if I was lied to about the non smoking rooms or if the other hotels are just having the smoking rooms against the law doesn't matter to me all I know is I was told I would have 1 and then didn't and had to walk outside to smoke every time I wanted to I have rights as a smoker also not to be lied to

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was pretty good. Nothing to get overly excited about but also nothing to complain about either. They do accept pets if you're traveling with one. I was on the first floor facing the parking lot and did not hear any road noise which was nice. The little town is within walking distance if your up for stroll they have a band that plays every night in the square and 2 for 1 happy hour well. The breakfast was good and had a decent selection. The in room wifi worked well. I guess the only real negative would be its a bit plain. The rooms could use a remodel but it certainly wasn't bad.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Carleton, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Was in Florida at The Villages Holiday Inn Express during the period Nov 2 to 5, 2012. Could not have been more pleased with our accommodations. Staff was courteous and helpful, breakfast was tasty and plentiful and the room was clean and comfortable. Best of all the rate was so very reasonable that we stayed an extra day in The Villages before having to move on. Great place to stay.

Room Tip: We were on the 1st level at the end of the hall and did not experience any hallway or road noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel to attend a wedding and were expecting to experience an enjoyable stay, however, this was not the case. Shortly after check in,I was relaxing in the room after a long drive and was surprised by another guest entering our room. This person informed me that they, too, were assigned to our room. We received a call from the front desk regarding this, but no apology was forthcoming. After returning from dinner a short time later, we realized that our room keys had been deactivated...another inconvenience. Breakfast the next morning was the icing on the cake...no juice of any kind (machine out of order), no pancakes (machine out of order),had to share milk with other guests (no individual cartons, just a half empty gallon), dry eggs, undercooked sausage, and a breakfast attendant who requested that the guests give her tips. ( for what? getting everything myself and cleaning my own table?). We have stayed at Holiday Inn Express properties before and were very satisfied, but this particular one was a disappointment.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Express - The Villages? Share your experiences!