“allows pets but not smokers ?” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lady Lake
Rockford, Illinois
“allows pets but not smokers ?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Very decent hotel for the price located about 10 minutes south of Silver Springs Florida and the villages close enough to drive quickly 2 about anywhere you need to go.
The only thing I did not like was I had ordered a smoking room on the web and also talk to an agent on the phone who said I had a smoking room and when I arrive they said there are no smoking rooms in any hotels in Florida it's a no smoking state yet I stayed to other nights at another hotel that had several smoking rooms in it and it was a major chain also.
Don't know if I was lied to about the non smoking rooms or if the other hotels are just having the smoking rooms against the law doesn't matter to me all I know is I was told I would have 1 and then didn't and had to walk outside to smoke every time I wanted to I have rights as a smoker also not to be lied to

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was pretty good. Nothing to get overly excited about but also nothing to complain about either. They do accept pets if you're traveling with one. I was on the first floor facing the parking lot and did not hear any road noise which was nice. The little town is within walking distance if your up for stroll they have a band that plays every night in the square and 2 for 1 happy hour well. The breakfast was good and had a decent selection. The in room wifi worked well. I guess the only real negative would be its a bit plain. The rooms could use a remodel but it certainly wasn't bad.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Carleton, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Was in Florida at The Villages Holiday Inn Express during the period Nov 2 to 5, 2012. Could not have been more pleased with our accommodations. Staff was courteous and helpful, breakfast was tasty and plentiful and the room was clean and comfortable. Best of all the rate was so very reasonable that we stayed an extra day in The Villages before having to move on. Great place to stay.

Room Tip: We were on the 1st level at the end of the hall and did not experience any hallway or road noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel to attend a wedding and were expecting to experience an enjoyable stay, however, this was not the case. Shortly after check in,I was relaxing in the room after a long drive and was surprised by another guest entering our room. This person informed me that they, too, were assigned to our room. We received a call from the front desk regarding this, but no apology was forthcoming. After returning from dinner a short time later, we realized that our room keys had been deactivated...another inconvenience. Breakfast the next morning was the icing on the cake...no juice of any kind (machine out of order), no pancakes (machine out of order),had to share milk with other guests (no individual cartons, just a half empty gallon), dry eggs, undercooked sausage, and a breakfast attendant who requested that the guests give her tips. ( for what? getting everything myself and cleaning my own table?). We have stayed at Holiday Inn Express properties before and were very satisfied, but this particular one was a disappointment.

• Stayed November 2012
Safety Harbor, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This is one of the nicest Holiday Inn Expresses that we have stayed in. The hotel is in a beautiful treed area east of The Villages. The room was large, clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast is basic with coffee , juices, make your own pancakes and fruit. The staff at the front desk was knowledgeable and accommodating. We stayed here to visit a couple that lived in the west area of the mammoth adult community of The Villages. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in this area.

• Stayed October 2012
Palm Coast, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Great stay, Pet Friendly which is very important in fact since we arrived with doggie and had told them during our reservations, we weren't even charged the $35 per stay fee. So tell them upfront. Awesome. Breakfast was a good choice of foods, nice selections. All staff we encountered were so friendly. Clean room, what else do you need!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor and was convenient for us even with the Dog
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
north carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed here for business while waiting on a group that was at a nearby youth camp for a few nights with a bus. The Hotel has an adequate parking lot for buses. My room was great. I was happy there was a guest laundry room there. The Hot breakfast is great but needs to have a rotating variety of hot items by the day. It gets boring of not having variety on multi day stays. I had to go to Perkins to get a different breakfast which was not bad. I would recommend this hotel.
It is also in walking distance to a shopping center, dining, Publix Supermarket and a movie theater. Also there is a Hertz neighborhood rental agency nearby. The Shopping center is in front of The Villages which is what I call "The Golden Ghetto" which has homes for the retirees, Golf Course and other activities. You can even have your custom made golf cart there. Never saw so many golf carts in my life.
If you are driving around Florida using the Toll roads in your own personal car, I would strongly advise getting a Sunpass because some of the exits of Fla. Turnpike do not have a human toll booth collector anymore. Also note this property is far from Disney. Over 1 plus hour away depending on traffic. The Beaches are over 1 hour and 45 minutes away minimum depending on which beach you go to.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express - The Villages? Share your experiences!