“One of the best choice hotels we've stayed in!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
“One of the best choice hotels we've stayed in!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

After LOTS of researching we chose this Comfort Suites for our two week Disney vacation. I can't even begin to tell how happy we were with this hotel. When we first arrived we were greeted by a very friendly desk clerk ( I wish I could remember his name. He even brought his lanyard in one day to show my daughter his Disney pins.) I was pleased by the cleanliness & size of our room. I am pretty picky so I was delighted to find a clean, comfortable room. The breakfast was great with slight differences each day. The pool was clean and the pool bar has surprisingly good food at great prices. It was nice to come back from the parks, buy a reasonably priced meal & relax in the pool. We will definitely be back to this Comfort Suites. I know some have complained about the transportation to the parks but we drove our own vehicle so that didn't affect us. The only thing I could possibly complain about was the dryer on our floor not working, but we simply took our laundry to the next floor. Unless you are used to a five star resort, you will not be disappointed here. The last time we visited, we stayed on resort at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside & the Comfort Suite was just as nice. Thanks for making our stay enjoyable!

Room Tip: When booking we chose the updated room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ComfortSuitesFL, General Manager at Comfort Suites Maingate East, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your vacation stay in our hotel. I am glad Tray took the time to show your daughter his Disney pins as he is a collector also. We appreciate all the positive comments about our breakfast, our room cleanliness and our pool facilites.

I apologize for our dryer being broken and the inconvenience it caused but it has been fixed.

Look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

1,262 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Having visited Florida many times this is our favourite hotel. The reason being it ticks all the necessary boxes for a hectic 14 night stay. We don't come on holiday to sit in our room all day but to come back to a spacious, clean, friendly hotel after a few hours out in the heat, sun & some afternoon rain is a blessing. We made use of the fitness room most mornings and enjoyed the pool area for the 1st time! It was quiet for most of our stay. We ate a few times in Logan's as we made friends there on our previous trips. A place we recommend to go sit at the bar with a large beer & nachos. If you want to go overboard on disney then stay at a disney hotel but if you want somewhere clean, friendly and in a good location to the parks this is the place for you.

Room Tip: We've stayed at the front and back of hotel on floors 3 and 4. No difference.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortSuitesFL, General Manager at Comfort Suites Maingate East, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for the positive comments about our hotel, the tips you have offered future travelers but most of all thank you for being such a loyal customer of our hotel.

We hope to see you for a fourth year!
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My family and I have stayed at this hotel many times. It was always a nice experience and the breakfast has always been more than average. It is right next to a Red Lobster Restaurant and to Old Town, which you can easily walk to if you are up for a walk.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the kind words and being such a frequent guest at our hotel. I'm glad our staff and services have met your needs and we hope to see you again soon!
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed with our 5 year old son for 4 nights. We were on the sixth floor and had a great view of the amusement park rides across the street. Our boy was so excited to look out every day at all the bright colors and rides. Our room was clean, comfortable, and large. I am going to miss the shower most since my home shower is tiny. The complimentary breakfast was great. We each have different tastes and there was so much variety. I was also happy that the hotel was located on a street with a lot of restaurants. My son and I stuck our feet in the pool one morning after breakfast and it was so nice and warm. The spa is separated by some nice plants for privacy so he thought it was a pool just for him. The staff we met were all very kind and helpful. The hotel was very quiet and relaxing because I think right now is the slow season for tourists and that is why we chose this time to do our first disney vacation ever. We had an amazing time at disney world which is a short drive away. when my son seemed to be worn out he begged to go back to the hotel and we were all happy to go back to a cozy bed and relax in the air conditioning. The price was a bargain compared to where I live and I would definitely stay here next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ComfortSuitesFL, General Manager at Comfort Suites Maingate East, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you very much for all the compliments regarding your stay at our hotel. I'm glad your son had a great time while on vacation. You're correct that the time you traveled is the slower time for traveling in this area.

We look forward to your next stay at our hotel!
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

The place LOOKS nice enough although the bathrooms could be a little cleaner but COMFORT suites is a definite misnomer. The bed is so hard that I got no sleep at all the first night. I folded an extra blanket to try to pad it the second night but managed only a couple hours and dreamt about being bruised when I did sleep.

I asked a clerk if they might possibly have a room with a softer mattress, maybe an older one that hadn't yet been replaced and got a smirk in return.

We left a day early and were refused a refund for the unused night because we had prepaid through Groupon; of course when Groupon contacted them there is no record of our leaving early but if we call them, they'd be GLAD to assist,. Nice place to avoid.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. Please accept my apologies for the uncomfortable mattress and my staff not solving your problem.

If you will contact me I will handle the refund on the one night stay you had prepaid. The phone number is 407-397-7848, extension 103.

Once again I apologize.
South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed the weekend of Sept 6th. Was greeted by a very helpful young lady named Yesenia. She was very helpful with answering a couple of questions I had regarding the hotel. I was given a room on the 7th floor. As I entered the room I couldn't believe the size of the suite. It was HUGE! it had all the comforts of home with a beautiful view of OLD TOWN. I also noticed everything was truly kept in order and it was very clean! After returning from Universal Studios (around 5:30 PM) which is only 15 minutes away. I decided to visit the pool area and sit by the bar. I was greeted by another young lady named Jaida. They have a small menu with a lot of choices such as pizza, hot wings, nachos and more. I was also quite surprised with the breakfast buffet they serve. It really does have a lot of choices Hot or cold, fruits, yogurts, bagels etc. all prepared by a staff ready and willing to assist you with any special needs and very friendly! will definitely return and refer this place to anyone with or without children.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the front of the hotel anything above 4th floor should have a nice view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to communicate about your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad our staff assisted you in your questions and you enjoyed your room and also had time to visit our pool bar.

Thank you for telling others about your stay and we hope to see you again soon!
Clever, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This was a great experience for our family. The staff and amenities at this hotel were excellent. Mt family will definitely stay there again!

The hotel is located about 15 minutes from Disney World. Old Town is located across the street.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again!

Been to Comfort Suites Maingate East? Share your experiences!