“nice place, good value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
oshawa
“nice place, good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I booked this hotel based on reviews and was not disappointed by the accomodation. The room booked was a standard kingsize and it offered a couch, microwave, fridge that worked well in the room and a convenient plug with usb ports for recharging electronics. There was a flat screen tv and had many hd stations. There were no in house movies but that for me was not an issue. The breakfast offered was extensive and every day of the six nights I stayed at the hotel, I had no problem finding a seat in the breakfast area as the seating was quite extensive. The hotel is located close to disney and near old town kissimmee amusement park. It also offered an internet facility that allowed me to print my boarding passes for my return flight. The only negative thing was that the in room safe required a key that you had to get from the front desk. It would have been preferable to have an electronic model that allowed you to program in your own code.. but this was not a major issue. The elevators also made a very loud noise when the doors opened at each floor which might be annoying if you had a room close to the elevators. I would stay here again in an instant if I were to go back to this location.

Room Tip: A room away from the elevators would likely be a good choice.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Maingate East, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review for Comfort Suites Kissimmee. With your comments I am able to see what we are doing right and where we can improve. I am pleased you were happy with our location and the hotel amenities. We are located within walking distance of many attractions and offer a free hot and cold breakfast. I glad you were able to take advantage of the business center we have available for our guests. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of having to receive a lock and key for the safe from the front desk and the noise created by the elevators. We will absolutely be looking into the condition of the elevators in order to eliminate the noise.
Again, thank you for your comments; we look forward to having you visit Comfort Suites again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed in Feb 2013 for 4 nights. Nice, clean large rooms. Big breakfast area with a decent breakfast, but not a really healthy one. Waffles already prepared and in basket and many times were hard as rocks and had to be thrown away. No fresh oatmeal, just instant. Had fresh fruits to take and many other dishes to choose. Breakfast staff was friendly. Only problem is no one seemed to clean the tables after someone left. Front desk staff was helpful, men seemed more friendly than the women. My biggest complaint were the beds were hard and pillows were lumpy and hard too. Did not sleep well. Hotel is right next to Old town if your kids didn't get enough at the major parks in Orlando. Information desk where you can buy park tickets in the lobby was helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It’s great to see you enjoyed our wonderful location near Old Town Entertainment and our friendly and helpful staff. We are a Walt Disney World Good Neighbor hotel with a concierge desk for selling tickets. I apologize you were not completely satisfied with the breakfast options and the cleanliness of the tables. I assure you I will be speaking with the breakfast attendant and discussing providing healthier breakfast options with our free hot and cold breakfast and to make sure tables are promptly cleaned for all the guests. I apologize you were not able to sleep well and found the beds and pillows uncomfortable.
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Spent 5 nights at this hotel with the hubby & three kids for a trip to Disney. We stayed on the sixth floor in one of the renovated/new rooms (2 queen beds and one sofa bed). Really liked this hotel. Here are my notes about our stay:

First night, I noticed the loose sheet on the sofa bed felt damp. I called the front desk, and they immediately had housekeeping send up a new sheet. I was very pleased with the promptness, and the new sheet was even warm (they must have put it in the dryer for a minute beforehand)! The front desk staff and housekeeping staff were all polite and friendly.

Sheets, blankets, towels were all clean and new. Four pillows provided per bed, and 2 for the sofa bed. Beds and pillows were comfy, and my sons said the sofa bed was comfy also. Housekeeping did an outstanding job, and they left the washcloths in the shape of roses. Plenty of little soaps, shampoo, conditioners and lotion. The towels were a little scratchy (no softener used?) but were really clean and white. A/C and heat worked wonderfully and quietly. Shower water pressure was great, although the hot water was not really hot (but acceptable). Carpet was a little bit stained, but the bathroom tile was clean and the walls were all clean. Kitchenette was clean and tidy, coffee pot looked new, microwave and fridge clean.

The only cons:
The wait for the two elevators was average, although one broke on the last day we were there (one good thing about being on the 6th floor is that we were able to get on before it got crowded; bad thing is we had to wait as the elevator stopped at every floor on the way down!).

The only other annoying thing was everyone seemed to be checking out the same day we did, and so the 4 or 5 luggage carts were gone most of the morning. We ended up carrying our luggage down the steps (didn't want to wait for the one crowded elevator that was working). I will mention that the elevator repair men were there promptly and the elevator was fixed before too long. Despite these occurrences, I have to say that these mishaps really are par for course for ANY hotel, so I would not hold it against the hotel. I only mention it to let the reader know I try to be completely honest in my reviews!

The hotel was probably sold out the week we were there, as it was President's Day week when all the northern schools are out on break, and we saw many families at the hotel. Nevertheless, the hotel provided a wonderful hot breakfast every morning, never ran out of food or coffee and had plenty of tables for the big crowds. Although my kids didn't like the breakfast meats and eggs that much, I loved them and ate enough for the whole family (unfortunately for me!)! Thank goodness there was a good variety of foods from which to choose: fruits, muffins, Mickey waffles in several flavors, eggs, bacon or sausage, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal, cold cereal, juice, milk, coffee, tea. Coffee was available 24 hours, and I took advantage of that treat practically every night after the parks -- late -- and it was always hot and always fresh.

We didn't utilize the shuttle service to the Disney parks, as we wanted to be free to come & go as we pleased. We also did not use the fitness facility, so I can't rate that one on my review.

My kids did swim in the pool one night while hubby & I had a drink from the pool Tiki Bar (smoothies are very good!). The kids said the water was warm "but kinda cold," so I stuck my toe in and found it to be adequately warm. Several kids were swimming every night, so I guess it was warm enough (the nights were cold in Florida during that week).

Hotel is within walking distance to several restaurants, but be warned: they are expensive! The local A&W was something like $10 per person for a hot dog, fries and soda! The Red Lobster down the road had their usual prices and better food! I never thought I'd see the day when it cost almost as much to eat at A&W than Red Lobster!

Back to the hotel, I have no complaints about this hotel and would definitely stay here again and recommend to others!

Room Tip: We stayed on the odd-numbered side of the hotel, which does NOT face the Old Town Amusement Park, so...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Maingate East, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay here at the Comfort Suites in Kissimmee. Although you did have a few minor setbacks I am thrilled the staff was prompt in getting them corrected for you. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our outdoor heated pool and hot tub every night and enjoyed the pool bar. This is a great place for a family and I’m happy yours enjoyed it so much. We look forward to having you back soon.
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Overall very clean, helpful staff, everything was in order when we arrived. Called to arrange late check in which was no problem. Excellent location for kids, next to Old Town, mini golf etc. Only negative, which is minor in comparison is the elevators are pretty slow.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the review. I’m happy you enjoyed your stay here at the Comfort Suites in Kissimmee. It’s great you were able to experience our helpful staff and found the hotel to be comfortable and in order. Our location is a major contributor to attracting families; we are surrounded by endless entertainment and many attractions. I apologize for any issues the slow elevators may have caused; with the heavy traffic we receive they stay quite busy. Be assured I am having maintenance take a look at them. We hope to see you again soon!
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Pros: Clean, well maintained, friendly staff, good location (close to Disney, Old Town, restaurants and grocery store), spacious rooms, great rates, free breakfast, good pool, mini-kitchen facilities.

Notable neutral points: Very typical Florida hotel decor, i.e.: somewhat tacky floral/pastel colors. The breakfast, while free, is very typical "breakfast buffet" fare. Kids loved it, but healthy choices are somewhat limited.

Cons: Elevators are somewhat slow, especially at peak times -- fairly minor waits of approximately 3 - 5 minutes. This is easily manageable, simply by walking down the stairs or requesting a room on a lower floor.

Overall: Great value for a large, comfortable room with a fridge/microwave, for less than $100/night. Would definitely stay again for 1 - 2 nights.

Room Tip: Think lower floors, to avoid elevator waits.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I’m pleased to see you have enjoyed your stay here at the Comfort Suites in Kissimmee. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We have worked hard to provide our guests with the best experience and customer service possible. I apologize the elevator was somewhat slow. I will have maintenance look into how to keep it up to speed during our busy times. I’m happy you felt you got your money’s worth and hope to see you again soon!
vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We have stayed in several hotels on the "strip" but many of the older hotels were getting kind of run down and making one feel a bit uncomfortable. This hotel felt very safe, it was handy to many different restaurants, and very near to the Arabian Nights Dinner theatre. Many families there and lots of suitable food for young children including Mickey Mouse waffles.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the wonderful review. Given our exciting location and being in a family friendly area we try to appeal to all aspects of our guests. Safety is always an important feature at a hotel and I’m extremely pleased to see you felt very safe during your stay. The Mickey Mouse waffles are a fun start to the day and seem to be a hit with a lot of the guests. Come back and see us again soon!
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I am trying to think if there were any negative points to make about this hotel, but I only can say noise from pool was a bit much in the late night after a long day. but voices always carry from the water... I bounced around to three diff hotels this past week in Orlando due to friends being in town and staying in diff areas. This by far was my favorite of the three from this week. Breakfast was wonderful, staff accommodating even if not super friendly, they did their job, just didn't interact. Hotel on whole very welcoming, handy to have store in lobby, pool area very nice, front desk staff helpful and friendly. It was just an overall very nice hotel!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I’m very pleased you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our wonderful breakfast and pool. I apologize for the noise you experienced from the pool area late at night. I will be sure to have the staff monitor the noise level so it is not to disturb other guests. We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Been to Comfort Suites Maingate East? Share your experiences!