“Wonderful resort with an even better location!” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful resort with an even better location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

I booked this resort for a 3 day vacation based on the reviews I had read on Expedia. I was not disappointed! Despite it being spring break, we were placed on the top floor (the hotel honoured my online request) in a quiet room away from the tour groups. The room was very clean, however it was a tinge musty. The housing staff did a fantastic job cleaning every day.

The pool area was fantastic - it backs on to a nature area, so there is nothing behind the resort but greenery. The pool was warm with tons of lounge chairs.

Breakfast was one of the best aspects - tons of options! However it was very busy early on with people going to the parks, so we often waited until 9:30 when it was a little quieter. I love the Mickey waffles.

You could not ask for a better location - right on the border of Disney's lands, behind Fun Spot, and on the 192 strip. Fun Spot is a GREAT time with rides and games and stores that stay open until 1am or so. Despite our room facing it, we never heard anything and were not bothered by the lights.

We would definitely return!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Appleton, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

Let me start by saying we stayed at this property about 2 years ago. We were impressed with it, and thought we'd try it again. It's still a nice hotel and a good value, but is, how do I say this, feeling tired. As with our prior visit, the 2 elevators are very slow. I recommend you find the stairs. The breakfast is still very good, with a good variety, but the breakfast area gets very busy and finding a table can be difficult at peak times. Breakfast doesn't open until 7:00am, so if you're planning an early visit to Disney which often opens at 8:00, you'll miss the Disney opening activities (as we did waiting for breakfast to open). It would be nice if they opened breakfast earlier. In other hotels we've stayed at they usually will open early, but here, 7:00 on the dot.

Our room was ok, not as spiffy as we remembered it last time. It was clean, but there were marks on the walls, the freezer door in the mini fridge was hanging on by only 1 screw, the coffee pot button fell off when we pushed it, and the channel buttons on the TV no longer worked (we misplaced the remote for a while). It's apparent by the fresh paint in the public areas that they do have an upkeep plan, but it's time to refresh the rooms a tad too.

The icing on the cake was this. We were staying for 3 nights. On the third night about 10:00, we hear someone trying to open our door. I check the peephole and sure enough, 2 travelers. I open the door to their surprise, and they do in fact have the same room as me, and their key worked, but they couldn't get in because I had the deadbolt on and the "swing arm lock" over. They went back to the front desk, and a few minutes later I get a call from the front desk. Who am I and why am I in this room? I give them my name, and they apparently checked me out after the first night of my 3 night stay. I don't think so! No apology, nothing, all they said was that they'd check us back in, gee thanks. Totally unacceptable. Needless to say, we won't be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Wash., DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

This hotel has everything one would need in a hotel stay. You can easily walk to Old Town or FunTown and easily drive to any Walt Disney complex too. Thanks Trey!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Shropshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

Lovely rooms, excellent breakfast and fabulous heated pool. Well located for all the action, but set far enough back to be quiet. It does seem a magnet for Spring break teenagers and kids, that can be rowdy, so avoid school holidays and special events if you want to really enjoy this super place.
Not one of the cheapest places to stay in KIssimme, but out of season, worth the extra.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Largo, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

I booked this hotel because of the great reviews here, and I have to tell you it didn't disappoint! I was shocked that it is as nice as it is. The pictures don't do it justice, the colors are quite a bit off and loud in this pictures, nowhere near the representation offered in real life. It is located behind Old Town and a new Fun Spot location, so it is off the main drag, but surprisingly nice. The motels in the area aren't nearly as nice, and I was worried about it until we pulled up. This place is pretty plush considering what a great deal we got. The pool area is beautiful! The fact that the pool is heated allowed us to enjoy it during some really windy days. The breakfast is really good with lots of variety and freshly cooked waffles. Plenty of seating insdie and outside by the pool too. The staff is very helpful and the hotel felt very safe and the lobby was always well attended. Will stay here everytime I am in the area as long as it stays this nice!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

Very good location if you want to go to Disney World you buy your tickets right at the hotel for all the parks. Old Town right out front door so you have something to do at night if your not at one of the parks. Budget Car Rental can walk to it, even though they picked us up. $35.00 dollar cab ride to Universal Studios and $22.00 to go to Sea World hotel does not have shuttle to those parks. Breakfast in morning great except for the sausage gravy what are they thinking! Pool open 24 hours and is very warm we were swimming at 11:00 pm and it was February. Complimentary computer to use so you can check the weather or your flight home also has a printer. Staff wonderful. Didn't charge us for parking the car. Only thing if you want to only go to Universal and don't have a rent a car I would stay closer to Universal if you don't want to have to pay for a cab back and fourth.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

Stayed in this Hotel between 17th - 22nd Feb2011 (while we went to the Daytona 500) and were really impressed.
I have stayed in Hotels in Florida costing far more and this Hotel Tops the lot.
Very very Clean. Excellent House Keeping, All Public areas clean, tidy .
Only critism is the free breakfast is a little restricted in choice, but nothing that could not be overcome.
Location is handy if you fancy a little stroll on a night into local shopping area/ funfare all very nice.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Maingate East? Share your experiences!