“Awesome hotel but one major problem” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 159 hotels in Kissimmee
Hong Kong, China
“Awesome hotel but one major problem”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I loved this hotel, good rate, the room are great, decent size, clean and everything you need.
The location is awesome ... but the A/C ... I just couldn't sleep through it, it was SO noisy and since it is not a constant noise it kept waking me up ... the noise was just too bad. I didn't see many complaint about this but I had a terrible night.
Also the wall are quite thin so you can hear the noise from you neighbours.

That is my only complaint, and I am so disapointed because I come to Orlando every year on business trip and that would have been my favorite hotel to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

345 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Since we only had 4 nights in Orlando and planned to use them to visit the theme parks, we really just wanted a quiet, clean hotel that offered a good night's sleep, breakfast, a pool, parking and a location that was well positioned close to the Disney and Universal theme parks. This hotel was the perfect choice for us at US$49 a night! About 10min by car from Disney's Magic Kingdom/Epcot parking lots. Places to eat across the street - so after coming back at night we could walk to find some dinner and leave the car at home. A comfortable king size bed, reasonable room size, good air conditioning, free parking, very complete continental breakfast, (weak American coffee but for us from Brazil - this is the norm!) and friendly staff! Didn't get time to use the pool but it was there and a few other guests were enjoying. Our room had newer flat screen TV, microwave and fridge and was non-smoking - a must for us! Our only complaint: we paid in advance to use the room's safe (there is an extra daily charge!) but the front desk were unable to liberate the code for us to use it and the maintenance staff only arrive between 8:30 and 9am (we wanted to leave at 8am in the morning) so couldn't use the safe for our valuables the first day!

Room Tip: We chose a king suite (ask for one of the newly renovated rooms) on the corner of the second floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Arnhem, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

For the price, I thought this hotel was pretty good. I was early for check in, about 1,5 hours, but it was no problem to check in already. I really appreciated that.
My fridge and micro-wave worked well, nice to have, especially the fridge. My room was very clean, no bugs whatsoever that I used to get in other places.

My TV was a little bugged: it turned on and off on its own, which kind of spooked me out the first time in the middle of the night, right in the middle of an already scary dream. I pulled the plug and mentioned it to the front desk. It appeared to be a malfunctioning in the timer, and it was taken care of.

Breakfast was OK. A few choices, though not very many. But, a plus side was making your own waffle. I liked that and the waffles tasted pretty good. (it got me buying one myself now that I'm home :-) ) The quality of what was served though was rather good. No bad fruits, no dry bread etc.

The only that I have to mention is: square pillows... Why??? To me it didn't provide a lot of comfort, especially the first night. After that it felt a little better, but still I find the size of the pillows just too small. Other than that the bed was nice and I slept pretty well.

All in all: nice hotel, convenient if you want to be close to Disney and don't want to spend all that extra money on it. Driving times for Disney Hollywood Studio's for me was 4m57sec.
Blizzard Beach: 7 minutes.
Magic Kingdom: 10 minutes.

Universal Studios and Seaworld were a bit further away, but still: 20-25 minutes, that's fine with me!

I'd recommend this hotel and if I'm going back to Disney some day, this will be my first choice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Castries, St. Lucia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This Hotel was very accommodating. The Manager Mike was very helpful and hospitable. I would definitely stay there again. This is a great recommendation if you are visiting Disney, it is very close and offers a free shuttle to all parks.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are good. They offer privacy yet are not too far from the lobby.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here for 4 days during our visit to Orlando. Though the facilities and exterior were mediocre, the rooms were good. Nice locality closer to the attractions, and have good options closer by.
For the tariff charged, this is a OK place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We found out about this hotel through Trip Advisor. We are glad we took most people's advice and stayed there. We have stayed at several hotels in this area over the years. We do not live too far away from Kissimmee and sometimes go to the Disney area just for an overnight stay. We don't need anything fancy or expensive. The Quality Inn fit the bill for us. Everyone was very nice, the rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good. There were plenty of options. We were close to everything we wanted to do. We did not use the pool but it looked clean and well kept. It looked like everything including the buildings were recently painted which gave everything a fresh feel. We definitely will stay here again. Thanks to all Trip Advisors for your honest opinions to help us find this motel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Third time to this Hotel. Before that, no problem at all. This time, we have a terrible service. Our room WAS NOT CLEAN AT ALL during our vacation. They only change the garbage in the morning. In the bathroom, my husband found a big cockroach. Our bed was done quickly. We advise the clerk at the front desk and he apologize. The next day, nothing change... to bad for them.

We won't go back a this Hotel for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Kissimmee? Share your experiences!