“Not great this time” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 159 hotels in Kissimmee
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Not great this time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

We stayed here a couple of months ago and it was the best we had found in the Choice Hotels options near Disney, so we stayed again. This time it was not so great. When we got to our room there was no soap, shampoo, cups, tissues, and less than half a roll of toilet paper. The refrigerator and coffee maker had not been cleaned out. The freezer was not functioning. Two cockroaches in the room. We complained and they took one night off our bill. We will probably try again, but one more bad experience and that is the end.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

345 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

We originally booked the Clarion across the road but could not get out of there fastest enough terrible place. so we had a look at a few hotels in the region then someone suggested the Quality Inns & Suites, we were made so welcome by the friendliest staff and as there was 3 adults in our party we had a choice of a room or a Suite, we opted for the room, which was fairly large and spotless, to our surprise it included a free breakfast (cooked or Continental, Waffles,and a various selection of Juices/cakes/cereals/teas/coffees), free internet access, a lovely pool
Would we stay there again, MOST DEFINITELY

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

We stayed at this hotel because our usual place was booked. It is a rather small hotel. The front desk attendants during check-in were very nice and friendly. When we got to our room we realized they upgraded us to a room with a refrigerator and microwave - which was nice, but it was a handicapped accessible room....meaning the bathroom was huge, no tub, but rather a shower (that was a bit of an issue for my 2 year old.) On our first night there, a rather large spider crawled/leaped (who knows) onto my fiancees head and it wasnt a daddy long legs, either! The flat sheets smelled clean but had greyish stains on them. The next day, my son spotted a trail of five other smaller spiders on the curtain and the top of the TV had a thick film of dust on it.

As far as breakfast goes...they serve until 9:30 AM and they do start picking up at close time. They have a good selection (muffins, toast, pastries, eggs, sausage patties, cereal, yogurt, and they have a waffle maker - which is pretty nice, juice and coffee). They have ample seating, but if it gets to crowded you wont have a place to sit, which happened to us one of the days. We had a pretty positive breakfast experience overall.

The pool is not kept clean, you can see the thin grey film of dirt around the floor and walls of the pool. Definitely not a pool to go in.

The location is excellent, we were a 5 minute (if that) drive from Animal Kingdom and a few minutes further from Disneys Hollywood Studios. There are restaurants close by (Cracker Barrel, Perkins, a seafood restaurant - forgot the name, etc.) The location really could not be beat.

On our last day, we got locked out of our room at 8:30 AM, the keycard apparently had been deactivated despite that we had not checked out yet. I called front desk and they had me walk over there to get another card as if I wasnt inconvinienced enough.

Overall, the stay was do-able. But I'm not sure I'd stay here again. I've stayed at way bad hotels, and great hotels...this one is inbetween. Perhaps, they just need to get some sort of pest company to come fumigate on a regular basis, get a pool cleaning service and dump stained sheets. ;)

Pros: Location, Breakfast and friendliness of front desk.
Cons: Spiders, stained sheets, dirty pool, locked out key issue.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
willebroek
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

i stayed here from 26 april-3may.
im used of staying in big fancy *****-hotels but due to circumstances i had to look for a cheaper hotel. this was one of the cheapest hotels available. I was worried about the quality and had my bug spray packed.
my flight was delayed so i arrived after midnight. i was a little worried if id be safe, as a lady travelling alone. they must have noticed at the reception desk and showed me a quick safe way to my room.
all the worries were for nothing. it was a safe neighbourhood, rooms were clean and bug-free.
breakfast was excellent. several types of bread, egss, sausages, fresh pancakes, fruitjuices, coffee, tea, cereals,... also the room had a fridge, microwave, coffemachine. and icemachine and softdrinkdispenser were in the hallway.
i had to go to an event at the espn world wide of sports in disney which was easily accesable, just like all the other parks.
near the hotel are several fast food chains and shops. close by some shopping malls.
though id recommend a rental car.
pool was small but clean.
hotel had only 2 floors but there was an elevator.
the lady from housekeeping was busy allday going from room to room with a smile and kept the room very clean.
lots of towels available in the room. free parking.
although its situated close to some big roads, the room was very quiet. nice beds, somewhat small pillows.
another negative point was the light. room was kinda dark unless youd keep the curtains open. windows couldnt be opened.
friendly staff at the reception.

overall an excellent hotel for its price. dont except big luxurious rooms, but its great quality for its price.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

My wife and I (mid-forties) and our 8 year old stayed here for 10 days April 19-29, 2011 and look forward to going back again. I am a Choice Privileges member and scouted over 40 Choice hotels in the area plus some others. This hotel was the clear overall choice in terms of location, pool, room size and the reviews I had read (including "If you don't stay here, you're an idiot! LOL) . I don't write reviews often but felt I should in this case.

I had a few questions including ADA rooms so I called and Jim answered. Within 5 minutes he had answered all my questions and made special arrangements to make our stay perfect. Everything in our room (a suite) was exactly like in the pictures. and the maid service was excellent. She cleaned and replaced everything while also working around all of our stuff - quite the task because we had things everywhere! Outside was hot but the room was chilly so we turned off the AC at night. When we'd return from the parks, the maid had turned it back on for us. The pool was crystal clear, the breakfast was better than any other Choice hotel we have stayed at and the location was excellent.

Note: Learn the Sherberth Rd way to Disney parks before you arrive. Entry Point becomes Sherberth on the other side of 192. A local I met referred to it as the hidden 5th exit into Disney and it is a big time saver when traffic is bad. We even used it returning from Universal because I-4 and 192 were jammed. We got off I-4 heading to Magic Kingdom and then to Sherberth.

The place is clean, the staff is friendly and the location is great. If you are looking for an economical place without any concerns, this is it. Free Wi-Fi!

Room Tip: The suites are 2 rooms remodeled into 1. Worth it.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Boise, ID
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

I'm currently staying at this hotel, and it's been a good stay so far. The room is on the third floor, but they do have an elevator which made getting our bags to the room very easy. Beds are super tall, fairly comfortable with decent linens. I do wish that there was a blanket on the bed, but the duvet is sufficient. I LOVE that the hotel has free WiFi and parking, as well as a breakfast buffet. I took the free shuttle to Universal today, and I'm hesitant to recommend it. The shuttle is operated by Platinum Transportation, and they picked everyone up at 0730 this morning. After stopping at several other hotels and Seaworld, I was dropped off at Universal around 0815. The park was surprisingly quiet and I was ready to head back to the hotel at 1330. When I called the hotel to be picked up, I was told that the contracted shuttle would only pickup at 1800 when the park closed. I inquired about a taxi, but was quoted $30-40 to get from Universal to the hotel. I ended aup waiting for the 1800 shuttle, and after all stops were complete, it was 1930 before we got back to the Quality Inn. So, if you think you'll be done early, drive your own car or be prepared for an expensive cab ride. It would be nice if the hotel would provide an afternoon shuttle.

All in all, a good stay.

• Stayed May 2011
Nelson, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

We decided to stay at the Quality Inn because of the the reviews from other travelers and the fact that it was very close to Disney World. Our room was very clean and well maintained. It was very quiet and felt very safe. There was an issue with a noisy extractor fan when we first checked in but it was fixed straight away and without any fuss. The management and staff were friendly and responsive. The breakfasts were great. The bonus was the free shuttle service between the accommodation and Disney World.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Kissimmee? Share your experiences!