“Great value and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Golden Link Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4914 West Irlo Bronson HWY 192, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Ranked #13 of 159 hotels in Kissimmee
Cheshire
“Great value and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

We just stayed for one night, prior to flying home, and the motel was a fine place to stay.

Comfortable room, well furnished and clean.

Nice extra was the lake at the back which was nice to visit - looks like there may be a resident gator but didn't see it!

The only criticism is that the breakfast is coffee, juice and packaged cakes - probably best to treat it as room-only and get breakfast elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Terre Haute, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

If you're looking for all the bells and whistles of a more expensive hotel then you need to pay more and stay there. But, personally, I don't need any of those little, useless luxuries. I need a clean, safe place to stay with comfortable beds and nice people for a reasonable price. That is exactly what this place is. I have never slept in a hotel better than I have slept here. THE most comfortable beds and pillows around. Very clean too. My daughter and I walked around in our bare feet occasionally and our feet never even turned a hint of black. I don't come to Florida to sit in my room so this is all I need! I'm not quite sure why anyone thinks you should get the same bells and whistles you get at a more expensive place - that is why it isn't as expensive! You can't expect people to own a hotel and it be non-profit. They have to feed their kids and put a roof over their heads too. These people just happen to do it without fleecing their customers! THANK YOU, Golden Link. We will never stay anywhere else when we come down. (And we come down often since we are passholders at Disney!)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Bangor, ME
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

After reading the reviews here my parents and I decided to stay at the golden link. The woman at the front was sweet as can be and have us extra towels since there were 3 of us. The room was clean and had a minifridge and microwave. It was a great deal at under $50. The cleaning woman was a sweetheart and let us stay until 12:30 (checkout is 11) because we were waiting on car repairs. My only complaint is that breakfast was coffee and packaged pastries you'd find in a vending machine, but the attitudes of the workers more than made up for it.

• Stayed October 2013
Egypt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night & I chose this motel over the many others around the area because all reviews were raving about how clean it was. Yes the room was clean but it was normal clean, nothing extra about it compared to other average motels I visited allover the country. The bathroom was also clean . I stayed in a king room & it was a large enough to include a king bed & a sofa with TV, fridge & microwave. Everything worked well in the room including the AC. The motel has an outdoor area on the lake which was really nice.
Regarding the location, there is nothing special about it because it is located on a main street which has a lot of motels along it on both sides. Finally a quick word about the breakfast, I know that motel breakfasts are not much to look forward, but this was a real joke. Some pastries bought from walmart or 7eleven & coffee...that's it!!
In the end, yes the motel is clean & comfortable, but I honestly didn't find anything extra in it that justifies the more expensive rate compared to some other motels in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
mmj8886, General Manager at Golden Link Motel, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
thanks for choosing to stay with us. we are one of the very few AAA rated motels in Kissimmee. there are indeed other cheaper hotels in the area, but..you get what you pay for. our rooms include a refrigerator, microwave, wifi, and room safe. our property is secured with video surveillance for your safety. our pool is heated to 88F degrees and you are welcome to enjoy our picnic area/lakefront dock. in order to keep our rates so low, we do not offer a HOT buffet breakfast. our continental breakfast consists of coffee, orange juice, assorted donuts, honeybuns, donut dunking stix, and assorted muffins.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Conveniently located, very nice sights and very comfortable beds. Sheila was very nice and attentive. My wife loved the view of the lake behind and the huge parking. I'll be stopping by in my next visit.

• Stayed August 2013
Macclenny, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

the rooms are clean, the pool is heated and well maintained. It is close to medieval times which is where we were going. There are lots of places to get what ever you might need. The only thing I can think of to make it better is coffee in the room or at the office in the morning. They have mini fridges and microwaves in the room. There is also a safe in the room which is nice when you are out.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
mmj8886, Owner at Golden Link Motel, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Not only do we offer complimentary coffee in the lobby during office hours, we also have coffee makers available to take to your room upon request. Our continental breakfast is served from 7 am to 11 am, no charge.
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I've been here 3 times and I get all I need. A clean room, a safe location, friendly staff, close to things I want to do. AND good price. I've chatted with the cleaning lady and the maintenance man and they are both nice people. Being moderately priced I have more money to spend at the very often over priced attractions. Compared to some of the orhet hotels I save apprx $150-200 for a week. That's enough to add a day to a Disney or Universal pass.

Contact Info:
Golden Link Resort Motel
4914 W. Irlo Bronson Hwy. (US Hwy. 192)
Kissimmee Florida 34746
Reservations (800)654-3957
Direct Phone (407) 396-0555

Room Tip: I've always requested a room on the ground floor in the front, close to the middle staircase. Th...