“Pleasantly surprised - clean and spacious!” 4 of 5 stars

Polynesian Isles Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   3045 Polynesian Isles Boulevard, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Ranked #3 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
Boca Raton, Florida
“Pleasantly surprised - clean and spacious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My family of four booked a last minute Orlando getaway and wanted to just hang out together and go visit a few outlets. We saw a great price for a 2/2 unit at the Polynesian which was close to everything. This hotel is a 'home away from home' and comes fully equipped with appliances and full kitchen. The two rooms were large and even had a full living room and dining room. We were extremely satisfied with the tons of space. Being a germaphobe, I was Most appreciative that the entire room was immaculate!
Just to document a few items for my fellow travelers besides all of the positive comments:
Pillows were way too large and puffy for anyone to possibly sleep on- bring your own or use the couch pillows.
We are coffee lovers. Note:The hotel only provides two packets of powder creamer for the coffee - make sure to bring your own.
Lastly, the pool is on the smaller side, nothing special and there were unsupervised teens in the pool when we were there with our young children.
Great stay and we would definitely book again at the Polynesian Isles Resort!

Stayed July 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The room was very nice but it ends there. The Concierge talked me into buying a voucher for a 3 night/4 day deal for $99 and you had to listen to their 90 minutes presentation plus they'll give you a $100 Visa card. The concierge never when over the qualifications or asked me any questions as yearly income or if I had a major credit card. Needless to say when I went to use the voucher, since I wouldn't give personal information over the phone, I was told I didn't qualify and couldn't use the voucher. I was made to feel like a second class citizen and I have been fighting to get a refund. So now Diamond Resorts now has my $99 and the voucher is useless! Their Quality Assurance department is useless as well. I am about ready to take this to small claimss court to make them refund my money!

• Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed for 10 days in July to visit Disney and Universal. The location is perfect for both (esp Disney).

I have to say the staff were fantastic and we didn't get the time share 'talk' either.

House keeping were excellent, they came twice in our stay and changed all towels and left fresh toiletries and dishwasher tablets and took all the rubbish. We didn't expect this as it was a self catering accommodation.

There is a walmart nearby for food shopping and it is close to many restaurants as well.

All in all I have to say this was a fab value to money resort.

The only downside was the balcony, one of the reasons we picked this resort was all apartments had a balcony, but it was too small and enclosed we never sat out in the evening.

Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Polynesian Isles for a week in July 2015.
We had a two bedroom suite with a king, two twins and a pull out couch. The beds were comfortable (including the pullout), the room was huge and everything was beautiful. The kitchen had everything you would need to make meals, the bathrooms were large and clean, the suite had a washer/dryer unit which was helpful for doing laundry while away and for drying towels. The free wifi had a good connection. The location was perfect, close to Disney, shopping, etc.
The only drawback for our family was that the hotel had a lack of resort culture, there was very little to do and the hotel was very quiet. The "fitness centre" was more like a closet with a couple of machines. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a quiet, clean, high end stay near the theme parks.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel was amazing and I would not hesitate to come back! The pool was amazing and my family practically had it all to our selfs because we stayed in the ne bedroom condo. The pool for the two bedroom condos had an amazing view of the lake and waterfall.

Room Tip: the one bedroom condos have a better and quieter pool
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I enjoyed my stay here for many reasons, but there are some things you should consider before booking.

The Pros:
The property is very nice: lushly landscaped, well-maintained, & had the feel of a private condo community.
The suite was meticulously clean, spacious, & very comfortable. The bathrooms had the look of being recently updated. The set-up of the rooms made for a very private feeling when sitting on the balcony. The kitchen was fully stocked with all the cookware & such that one could ever need.
Two nice pools.
The staff was quite friendly & cheerful.

The con:
There was little to no hot water during our weekend stay.

What you should know (What I wished I had known before booking):
This isn't a traditional hotel - it's a time share - so there are no housekeeping services & you take your trash out if needed.
This isn't a hopping spot with a bar by the pool. This is more of a family style resort with family oriented activities. If you're looking to kick it with a margarita served poolside, look elsewhere.
They will try to sell you a time share. You will be directed, after check-in, to meet the "concierge." He really is the first step in their effort to get you to attend their sales pitch. The man that we met wasn't pushy, but it did take us 10-15 min to peel ourselves away.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay. It wasn't perfect, but that may have been because we didn't realize beforehand that the hotel wasn't really what we were looking for.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was looking for comfortable beds and space to relax after a long day at the parks. I found it , this place was really nice they are things to do everyday . All the employees nice and friendly the place was well keeped. The room was big big kitchen with all dishes,pots and pan coffee maker , blender, toaster and more.The rooms lots of space and space.The only thing to buy is the food ,they do have room service if you just want to relax. Close to restaurants and outlet stores. Enjoy your stay I did...

Room Tip: Is worth staying more than two days
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - Lake Buena Vista South
Maingate Resort And Spa
#21 of 160 in Kissimmee
4.0 of 5 stars 381 reviews
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort

Been to Polynesian Isles Resort? Share your experiences!