“Very Nice Stay” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   3045 Polynesian Isles Boulevard, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Ranked #4 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
“Very Nice Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This was a beautiful resort, the rooms were very nice (the master bath is exceptional) and the grounds itself were very beautiful. I definitely plan on staying again.

As an aside, my reservation was completely non existent (because of priceline) when we arrived. Fortunately they took care of it within a few minutes and had us set up with a room right away.

Room Tip: We had the bottom floor, which I recommend. No elevators.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Islip Terrace, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Try to beat this for what you get in the area of Disney! We booked our room for an imextremely inexpensive price relative to other hots in the area and were amazed at what we got!

My wife and I were given a two bedroom suite with 2 bathrooms and a kitchen. It was argent than our apartment in New York!!!

This is a quaint smaller property, conveniently located (by car) to all attractions...

If you like the price, you'll love the place.

The only thing keeping it from 5 stars is the anticipation of the pressure everyone speaks about regarding the presentation of the timeshare. We found, in our case there actu was no "pressure".. We were asked of our potential interest with a brief sales pitch upon check in, but were never bothered after that. The fact is, if we were free to do more "planned" traveling, I'd consider hearing about their offer!!!

Hope This Helps... ENJOY!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Was delighted to return to the Polynesian again following my visit last year. We stayed for a week in block 12 then went to the coast for a week and were in block 1 for our second week. I think this is a lovely place and the units are clean, comfortable and have everything you need for your stay. This is not a hotel therefore you don't get a daily maid service but there are more than enough towels for your stay and staff are helpful should you need anything else. I would say that I did enjoy being on the top floor in block 12, but the downside is carrying a heavy suitcase up the stairs. If you need a lift request a ground floor. Our second week was in block 1 on the ground floor and I like the location as its across from the pool and has a washer dryer in the unit. Block 12 you share won't with the unit next door, which isn't really a problem either. The pools are great and although I did not try them there are bbq facilities and some games facilities available as well. Some reviews complain about the apartments being dark but it's not that big a problem, it means it's always cool and most people are out during the day anyway. Ideally located for theme parks, shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Plymouth, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

To preface this, I'll say that I went into our week stay with very high expectations. Reading the reviews on here, I was expecting to be blown away by how wonderful this resort was - and found it to be average at best. We have stayed at many Disney-area resorts, and this is the first one that we agreed we would not return to. Here's the good and the bad:

Good:
The bathrooms are amazing.

I appreciated the free laundry, but wish it were inside the unit. I prefer to put a load in as we leave for the day and then finish later, but not an option when you share it with your neighbor.

The pool was nice. Nothing spectacular, but did the job.

The grounds are very pretty.

Bad:
The location is not what we prefer for Disney - all those traffic lights make for a long trip. Plus, the area nearby is very populated, so it's a little too busy for us.

The beds were awful. Hard, uncomfortable, just awful.

We could hear EVERY step the people above us took. Every single step. And it sounded as though they just paced back and forth, because they couldn't make a move without us hearing it. The family above us checked out halfway through the week and we were relieved, thinking it was just them. Then they checked in a new family at 1 AM, and we were all awoken by the sound of them walking, moving luggage, and getting settled.

Paying for wifi - even when it's disguised as a resort fee - is just unacceptable in this day and age.

The parking was a battle, if you didn't get back to the resort on the early side, you could end up parking far from your room.

So, overall, I wouldn't ever stay here again because I value my sleep and prefer not to hang out with my kids at 2 AM when they are woken up by the neighbors. After a long day in the parks, I want to get into a comfortable bed and sleed - not a possibility here. Very disappointing, but at least we've tried it now and now we aren't missing out on anything!

Room Tip: If you don't mind lugging your stuff up the stairs (no elevators) ask for the top floor. You can...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

love the resort, everyone very professional, two bedroom apartment which was very spacious and clean. Security on point at all times. Stores and restaurant close to resort. I will recommend this resort to all my friends and family.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Diamond R, Manager at Polynesian Isles Resort, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are looking forward to having you return with your friends and family!
Hammersmith, london
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

i booked 2 nights here over the weekend. We were upgraded to a 2 bed yay. Our room wasn't ready so we headed to the pool. It's quite small and very disappointing. There were no towels so asked at reception who called housekeeping to bring some. I was sat in reception for over 30 minutes and asked again. This time towels came within 5 minutes. After a swim we headed to our room. It was nice and big and the kitchen appliances were great but the furniture in living room wasn't that nice. I don't really like cane furniture as that's for a sun room or garden. The room smelled a bit musty but not bad enough to complain. We didn't find any atmosphere here. I managed to get a room at the beach for the following day so decided to check out early. Anyway the biggest letdown of this resort is that my debit card was CLONED at this resort!! I know for a fact it was done here as I only used the card HERE. So someone at reception did at at check in. So for this reason I will never stay here and will tell all of my Orland/Disney friends to steer clear.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced. Our management team is researching your concerns and has attempted to contact you directly to further discuss these issues. Please contact the resort and request to speak with the Resort Manager. Thank you.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here with wife and 2 sons,7 and 5. Perfect. Massive condo we had a 2 bedroom condo, large living area, dining area, full kitchen, massive bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Staff were friendly helpful and attentive.
Very clean both in condo and around the pools and play areas. Good location for Disney (10 min drive) and for local activities like shops, restaurants and mini golf (all less than 2 mins drive) and attractions. Basket ball, tennis etc did not cost additional fees, excellent.
MAKE SURE THAT YOU CHECK THE REVIEWS AS I THINK A NUMBER HAVE GOT CONFUSED BETWEEN THIS POLYNESI ISLES IN KISSIMMEE AND A POORER RATED PLACE CALLED THE POLYNESIAN IN ORLANDO.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Been to Polynesian Isles Resort? Share your experiences!