“Overall a great stay, with a few suggestions” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   3045 Polynesian Isles Boulevard, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Ranked #3 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Crestview, Florida
“Overall a great stay, with a few suggestions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My family and I just got home from a week long stay at this property. Our stay dates were from 18-25 April. After reading all of the reviews for this property, we decided to book here well in advanced through armed forces vacation club, and at an amazing rate! We were more than impressed, and I seriously don't understand where all of the negative reviews are coming from. I understand a bad experience from time to time, but some people that have written a bad review about this property clearly don't understand the difference between booking at a full service hotel and a condominium. This is clearly a condominium.

As we pulled up to the property, you can tell from the outside of the building that it is a little older. When we got in the lobby however, it was very well kept, smelled fresh and clean, and the staff was more than welcoming. My husband went to the check in desk, and I made the mistake of going to the concierge desk to ask a question...oops. I knew it was coming, but not even two seconds after answering my question, they start bugging you about going to the 90 minute presentation for the timeshare. I booked through Armed Forces Vacation club and paid under $400 for the week...what made them think I was interested in dropping thousands in a timeshare? Silly people. I even informed the woman that our whole week was already planned out with friends that live in the Orlando area, and the only day I had open was Friday. Lucky me they don't do presentations on Friday, and she had to nerve to tell me it was going to rain all week and then asked me if I wanted to alternate my schedule to go to a presentation instead. I was polite and I said no thank you and laughed it off. They are really ballsy when it comes to the timeshare presentation, but I also know that is part of their job, so it didn't bother me to much. Just be prepared for that that when you arrive. Anyways, we were placed in building 10 on the ground floor as I requested. I was very pleased that my request was available since we had a two month old with us. The condo was great! We were welcomed with a nice fresh scent of clean. I also saw they accommodated us with a pack in play. I requested a crib, but no big deal. A request is never guaranteed. Our baby sleeps with us most of the time anyways. Our bedrooms had a king, two twins, and a sleeper sofa in the living room just like we booked. The kitchen was small, but it had everything that a kitchen needs. The new stainless steel appliances and granite countertops were just a bonus. The master bedroom was a nice size, and the master bathroom was huge, with a nice big garden tub and a separate shower, My biggest "yay" moment of the bathroom was the water pressure in the shower. I know people will think I am crazy, but every time we travel we have issues with low water pressure, and having thick curly hair, that can be an issue and call for longer showers just trying to get shampoo rinsed out of your hair, so BIG kudos on the water pressure!! Anyways, everything exceeded our expectations. We had a paper in the bedroom that explained all of the properties policies, and explained the housekeeping services to us. They came on Tuesday, and any other services are available upon request, for additional charges. No problem. The paper provided all extensions we needed (front desk, security, etc). It was very formative, I'd highly suggest reading it.

There are a few things I saw in previous reviews that I'd like to clarify:
1.) I saw someone say they didn't get their crib that they REQUESTED. I also saw some didn't get two rooms right next door...as they REQUESTED. People need to understand that a request is NOT a guarantee. It is based on availability upon your arrival, and I am pretty positive a hotel, condo or where ever you are staying wouldn't deliberately not give you what you want just to piss you off. A place like this shows that they strive for guest satisfaction, and things just happen sometimes. Not everyone will get every little thing that they want. Get over it people. I requested a crib, and got a pack and play...do you see me whining about it? Nope! I'm thankful they had something to accommodate my little one with and it was already in the room before we even arrived.
2.) I've seen a select few complain that they had to take out their own trash, that housekeeping didn't change their bed sheets everyday, that they didn't get housekeeping services everyday. Umm hello...this is NOT a full service hotel. Learn the difference. Most condos...not all, but most condos you are on your own. If you want daily housekeeping services, if you want your towels replaced every day, if you want your trash picked up every day, then this is not the place for you. You need to fork out the extra money and go pay for a full service hotel. I never understood those that wanted their sheets changed daily. Do you change your sheets EVERY day at home? I don't think so. If you want these extra services here, it is going to cost you a fee. It clearly states that in the informative sheet I was referring to earlier that is located in the master bedroom.
3.) Yes they will pressure you to go to their presentation! It a Timeshare property, and most condos are. Do your research before arriving and just politely say no thank you and go on about your day. If your phone rings, simply don't answer it. Now if you book at a rate to where you HAVE to go to a presentation, well then you get what you pay for, and that is part of your contract to them. Research research research!

This property had a few pros and a few...not cons, but maybe suggestions that they may want to consider.
Pros: great location! Walmart is a two minute drive. The small outlet mall is two minutes away and the bigger outlet mall is a 7 minute drive, Disney is about 15 minutes away as well as Seaworld, and Universal is a 20 minute drive. Legoland is a little further, but it is an easy 40-45 minute drive down interstate 4. There are plenty of restaurants and mini activities and attractions close by (mini golf, mini amusement parks with Ferris wheels type of rides). For my east coast northern friends, there is a Wawa right down the street from this property :)
The property has two pools, three spas (that we saw), tons of grills, shuffleboard court, basketball and tennis courts, and a very small mini golf course. VERY small. I'm sure there is more, but we spent most time off property. We didn't even get to go to the pools, and went to one of the hot tubs once. There is also a security guard on duty at all times.

A few suggestions for the property:
-As others have stated in other reviews, I didn't see this much as a resort. They have room service that runs until 2 am I think, but no actual restaurants on the property. They do have different activities for each day at certain times, but an arcade room, maybe even a splash pad for smaller kids.
-One reason we did not make time to go to the pools was because both pools were always bombarded with older kids/teenagers splashing, rough housing, etc, and I didn't want my smaller ones out there with them. I also think the pools are way to small for this property. Might be something they could look into.
-Also, they do not enforce noise restrictions until after 11pm. To me, that's late, especially with two younger kids and a baby, our upstairs neighbors were so loud, and the kids at the pools were extremely loud even after 11pm. I feel this needs to be enforced and monitored a little better. The front desk did settle our neighbors down for us when we called them, but the pool noise continued until the pools closed at midnight.
- we noticed the hot tubs weren't full with water. You could see the line of where the water should have been filled to. Also, to me, the hot tubs weren't that hot. I take hotter showers.
- Parking. We were out late every night and we just loved coming back to not having a parking spot near our room. One night we had to park a building over because all spots were full...such a hassle with three tired kids. I know some families bring more than one vehicle and have friends come visit from off property, so maybe marking the parking spaces with a room number assigned to it and additional cars park in other spaces? I don't know, but I just felt the parking could've been arranged better to accommodate in house guests.
- We were also told by the concierge that she would have a basket sent to our room since we were there celebrating our sons birthday. It never came. Not a big deal, but don't make promises that you cannot keep, and then continue to call my room all week long and hound me to come to a 90 presentation.

Overall, we were very pleased with our stay. We would definitely book here again, but only if it were available though AFVC at the rate we paid, or close to.

Oh one more thing! Keep an eye out on your bill! They never gave us a receipt at check out and stated they would email one to us, we are still waiting for it. If I see any additional charges that I didn't authorize, and wasn't given a chance to review at check out, I'm going to be giving them a nice phone call. :)

Stayed April 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Manzanita, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We spent 7 days here and enjoyed it very much. Before we arrived, I called a couple times to see about upgrading to a 2 bedroom and was told both times they were totally booked.. Well to my surprise when we checked in (early) we were told they upgraded us (for free).

Our 2 bedroom suite was awesome.. One room had a king size bed with a large bathroom that had a shower and jet garden tub. The second room had a queen size bed and there was a sofa bed in the living room.

Everything was updated with granite counter tops and cuisinart appliances. It had everything we needed. The beds were super comfortable and I have never slept so well in a hotel. The air condition was another big plus, it worked the best of all the places I have ever stayed.

Each floor shared a washer dryer in between two units that were behind closed doors. There was no fee for these and they even provided detergent for one wash.

If you need anything or have an issue, they were right on top of it to get it fixed. The grounds are beautiful and they have two pools that are open to midnight and 4 hot tubs. They offer shuffle board and tennis courts along with daily events.

Every member of the staff was more than helpful and friendly. I also like the secure grounds...you have to show a parking pass to get in. They also have fantastic wifi service, I got service in room with no problem.

The only issues I had was the heavy footed family upstairs.. every morning, I woke up to loud heavy foot steps from an adult and child running. And we did have a midweek house cleaning because were there for 7 days and our room didn't have a full clean. Not sure if that is normal but the floors weren't done. Other than those, I loved the place and would recommend it to anyone and would stay there again!!

**Disney world is pretty close.
**Universal Studios about 20-25 mins on the I-4
**Kennedy Space Center about 1 hour and 15 mins.
**Aquatica and Seaworld about 20-30 mins depending on traffic.
**Medieval Times about 15 mins away

**There is walmart right around the corner
**you can buy Disney stuff all over the place and there are a ton of flea markets.
**Universal Studios stuff is only available in the park, I was told they won't allow their stuff to be sold outside.

Watch out for toll exprssways, they are everywhere.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Had a fantastic stay at the Polynesian, after spending a few days saying on-site at Disney, having a bit more space to spread out in while taking advantage of all the fun stuff Orlando had to offer for the rest of our trip was a treat. The unit was very clean, very comfortable and had all the amenities we needed for traveling with kids.

We had a two-bedroom suite that was bigger than some apartments we've lived in, and all the finishes were of a good quality, but not too slick - like staying at a generous aunt's Florida condo.

There was a bit of pressure to talk timeshare, but not aggressive or pushy in any way. When one of the kids took sick, we received good advice on where to take him and were repeatedly asked how he was doing during the following days.

We will definitely stay here again the next time we head to Florida.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dallas, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here for 4 days 3 nights 2 bedroom villa that slept 6 people as part of a sampler program during spring break, check-in was breeze they welcome us by name as soon as we walked through the door. Our unit was located in building 12 on the first floor. The overall appearance of the room was a very old Hawaiian decor, we did our walk-through and checked everything out and it was very clean. The kitchen was kind of small, but we made it work. Took a walk around the property it is very small, we could tell that was very well taken care of the lawn was green, the pools were clean, the Jacuzzi's were cleaned and the buildings themselves were in great conditions. We come to Orlando a lot so we just wanted to hang around the resort and use all the amenities. Spent all day in the pools, late nights in the Jacuzzi and some early mornings too we just enjoyed ourselves. Tip the Jacuzzi in the back the property is the deepest. Experienced movie night in the owners lounge but we were the only ones who showed up so we had the place to ourselves, the feature movie Interstellar won’t play, after trying for about 20mins the front desk guy bought us a list of movies that we could view instead. He went out of his way to make sure my family was taken care of and even popped us some popcorn. The only issues we ran into were that our front door didn't close all the way and lock if you push hard enough on the door it would open. We just made sure that the door was shut and couldn't be pushed open when we left. I notified the front desk during check-out. Secondly, someone took our clothes out of the dryer and they were still wet. The washer and dryer are shared by both rooms on each level. We enjoyed our stay and would stay here again.

Room Tip: I noticed that building 13 is the newest, have to walk through glass doors to access rooms and stair...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We travelled from the UK and chose this accommodation based on other reviews - it was perfect. All the previous comments about large rooms, pools etc are spot on. However, the thing that really made it for us was the location - we were on a 2 week trip to do all the Orlando attractions - Disney parks are about a 10 min drive, Seaworld about 15 and Universal about 20 - this made it really easy to go back and forth & get a break by the pool during the afternoon as those theme parks are exhausting! There is a huge Walmart a 2 minute drive away - turn right out of the apartments and it is the next right - really handy to know its there, especially if you are arriving late at night & need to grab a few bits to eat & drink. If you turn right out of the apartments you've got Lake Buena Vista shopping outlet at the end of the road - however, head for the premium outlet stores located at the top of International Drive for a much bigger mall. Don't miss Twistee Treat ice cream - turn left out of the apartments & then right at the lights at the end of the road (this is the way to Disney) look out for it tucked in by the Nike store on the right hand side. Super apartment & excellent location - we'll be going again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Las Vegas, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I booked this property for 3 days in March as a home base while visiting the Disney theme parks. The 2 bedroom unit rented (832) was just as advertised. It was clean, spacious and wonderfully cool. Most importantly, after long days walking around Disney Parks, it was a pleasure to sleep in such comfortable beds. We rented a top floor so no one would be above us to minimize any potential noise. There is no elevator so if you don't want to walk your luggage up 3 flights of stairs, you might want to request a first floor room. This unit was very quiet, so we were glad we asked for a top floor. This is a Diamond Resort property, so they will explain the benefits of time share, but it was not a constant sales pitch. The front desk staff was very gracious. We weren't there long enough to enjoy the property amenities, but they all looked nice. The property is close to many restaurants, Walmart, Publix and all the Disney Theme parks. I would highly recommend this resort for a stay in Kissimmee.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We booked our vacation here after reading the reviews. We were not disappointed. The resort had everything you we and more. The kids enjoyed the pool and the basketball court. The location was great and close to all attractions. The staff was extremely polite and was willing to help. We stayed in building 13 which was across from the pool. The rooms were very spacious and clean. Will definitely be returning next year.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Polynesian Isles Resort? Share your experiences!