“Great visit” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“Great visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We are Diamon Resort owners and had traded for this unit. My husband, daughter, son in law and two grandchildren(ages 3 and 2) spent 4 nights at the resort while we visited Sea World and Disney. We were impressed with our two bedroom condo and great accommodations. The bedrooms were spacious, the kitchen well equipped and plenty of living space. The attractions were very close and easy to get to all the parks. We loved that we were close to many restaurants with great carry out options for dinner after long days in the parks. We requested a ground floor unit in building 8 so we had great access to the pool. The pool areas was spacious with plenty of chairs and tables. We loved the double ledge and step area for the children. Parking was easy and right outside the unit. We didn't request any services, but the staff was friendly and helpful. Security at the entrance was always welcoming. We had read about wifi problems, but a recent upgrade must have solved the problem. It was a great location and we would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We loved being first floor with the children and building 8 was a great location.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Point Pleasant, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We choose to stay at the Polynesian Isles Resort after leaving a different resort because of their inadequate accommodations. We could not have made a better choice. The rooms were large, clean, and arranged as you would expect. The bedding was soft and comfortable. The grounds are carefully groomed and immaculate. The staff is friendly and accommodating.

There are no food or bar facilities in the compound. If you are looking for frosty drinks by the pool, you will have to bring your own. The pools themselves are not large but there are several of them. Laundry facilities are shared between several units but is located right outside the units and behind locked doors which your room key can open. Security seemed well staffed and professional.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

September 2013

I had stayed at a different resort owned by the same company last month & really enjoyed it there. Between the friendly security guard and the 2 really nice gentlemen in the office(Steve & Julio), I was already impressed w. Polynesian Isles. Then walking into our gorgeous room I was blown away. Everything was beautiful & updated. Even though it was just my bf & I it was more than enough room. Property is pretty & location is perfect for driving to Disney & a lot of restaurants & things to do close by. Overall I'm beyond impressed & plan on staying here again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Santana de Parnaiba, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were 2 adults and 2 children - twins age 9 now - in order to celebrate their birthday at MK. Due to the current economy in our native country, budget was tight. We searched lots of places to stay, considering safety, parks proximity, comfort and of course, price for our 14-day stay. We were surprised likewise others on previous TA comments. We were assigned to room 501. Appliances were new, unit is equipped with the basic cookware - I loved the Cuisinart cookware - and dishware. On previous comments, it was not clear whether washer&dryer was inside the unit, but in our case, it was inside the unit. Since I slept in the sofa bed almost during all of our stay, it was a bit noisy, but after going to the parks, laundry noise was not a problem at all. I slept like a rock. On earlier comments, we've read that some stayed on the 3-story buildings. They are currently closed and being refurbished. We stayed at the 2-story building on the ground floor.We had a pool right in front of our door. Pool area was nice. Apartment is very spaceous, Parking lot gets busy but there are large spots to park your car. The thing I LOVED the most was to be welcomed by the security guard at the entrance gate and be saluted with a warm: Welcome Home!
Ah, from previous TA comments, one said about the "free breakfast" invitation. Likewise other comments, just say No, Thanks. Not interested. The girls in the reception - Regina and Christie - are polite, but they will try everything possible to get you into this. Just say NO. I didn't do it. I just said I would think about it. They said that the breakfast would be a nice experience and it would take ONLY 1 1/2h of our time, it would be for free, we would get a nice SeaWorld tickets discount, and that we would have to pay USD20 for the whole family, and the US20 would be reimbursed AFTER attending to the presentation. I gently said I would think about it. A week later, Christie calls me in the apartment and asks if I had made my decisiion. I simply said no over the phone - this time it was easier for me to say it over the phone.
Few things I can list as just OK: [1] the playrground area is not attractive. [2] The porch is narrow, but comfortable. It is protected by screens. In our porch there was a hole and a lizzard/gekko got in and even though we live in a tropical country, one of my twins and I cannot stand to a lizzard/gekko. Therefore, when I learned that the urban reptile was inside the porch, I had never stepped out to the porch again. I have kept the slidding doors shut and the A/C on at all times, just monitoring the reptile from the inside. [3] decoration of the dinning room, living room and curtains need some refurbishing. They are tacky. [4] we were told that housekeeping was on every Tuesday, but then a voicemail message was left on Friday, asking us to confirm for the Saturday housekeeping. I was confused. Then when I called front desk for clarification, we were then told that housekeeping was on Tuesdays and Saturdays. I then realized why. On Tuesdays, they only change the towels and replace dish detergent and 1-load of laundry detergent. On Saturdays, they vaccum the unit. Since I declined Saturday's housekeeping, I ended up vaccuming the unit myself - no biggy since I am a neat person. [5] Hotel wifi was fair. I read some complaining about wifi, but we had no issues - probably because we were close to the main building. [6] T-Mobile service was ZERO in the unit.
Good things: [1] 4 complete set of towels on each bathroom; [2] plenty of pool towels; [3] good kitchen appliances ; [4] spacious ; [5] nice security; [6] nice neighbodhood ; [7] proximity to LBVFS Outlet, Disney Parks, Target, Publix, Walmart, JoAnn, Marshalls, Sketchers; on Irlo Bronson, there are several restaurants to choose. For the ones that are unfamiliar with American food chains, you will find: Panda Express, Maccaroni&Grill, Olive Garden, Krispy Kreme, IHOP, Wendys, Starbucks, all closeby.

We had a rental car, so we drove around sometimes for dinner, sometimes to buy groceries and cook at home, so in conclusion, this is a place to stay when away from home.

Room Tip: Any 1-bedroom either on the ground or first floor will be fine. It always depend on your neighbor an...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We were very happy during our time at the Polynesian. We are already planning to return. They automatically upgraded our rooms to a two bedroom, did not high pressure us for a timeshare, our rooms were absolutely quiet, when we had a broken blender, it was replaced immediacy by a very friendly staff member. The pools were clean and the grounds had beautiful landscaping. The location is perfect. I will recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed March 2015
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This resort is in a perfect location. 10 minutes from Disney but yet very quiet. The pools were clean and heated. The grounds were beautiful. Our room (bldg 11) was very clean and quiet. They are renovating some buildings but we didn't hear any noise from that. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2015

We don't usually book hotels in this area of Kissimmee as we like to stick west of the I4, but the reviews were so positive that we decided to take a chance! We weren't disappointed! The location is actually VERY convenient and central (you can even walk to the Dunkin Donuts down the road) but it FEELS like you're off the "beaten path" even though you're only a few blocks off the 192! The front desk staff were wonderful and friendly, the grounds are neat and well cared for, the rooms are spacious (we had booked a 1 bedroom and received a 2 bedroom instead) and the beds and pillows are VERY comfortable ... I would venture to say the best I've slept on at ANY other resort! Yes, the livingroom furniture is a little tired, but it was still comfortable and serviceable. We didn't have ANY issues with the wifi although it's obviously been an issue for others as we were assured by front desk staff that this was being addressed and corrected as of February 9th. We unplugged the phones as soon as we got into the suite to avoid any calls about time-shares, etc. We were not bothered about it at any point! The kitchen was small but well-stocked with all the necessities. If you're accustomed to "self-catered" accommodations, be aware that they provide a good amount of toilet tissue and paper towels and a 'starter pack' of dishwasher and laundry detergent. They also restock the complimentary toiletries on "cleaning day". One of the only reasons I didn't give this property 5 stars is probably my own fault as I didn't take any steps to correct it! Our balcony had a very dismal view of the tennis courts and received no sunshine at any point during the day and the windows in the master bedroom were very dirty - though again, only had the view of the tennis courts so we didn't bother opening the curtains (we were in building 12 - suite 1223). This was disappointing, however the Florida weather was a little cool anyway and we probably wouldn't have spent much time out there; it would have been nice to have a better view though. Parking was always sufficient around our building, and we didn't explore the grounds a whole lot or use the pools, so I can't comment there. I did use the business centre to print out boarding passes which was quick and convenient! The room was cleaned once during our stay (I believe on Thursdays) which was nice to get fresh towels, etc. The laundry facilities are shared by two suites on each floor and is in a small closet just outside your room. We were on the second floor and did hear some noise from the suite above us - the first night a few of the noises woke me up but after that I got used to it. If that sort of thing bothers you I would recommend requesting the top floor. Overall, very impressed and would DEFINITELY consider staying here again!

Room Tip: Building 12 is nice and quiet as it's at the end of one of the roads, however your rooms really...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Polynesian Isles Resort? Share your experiences!