“Hidden Gem!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Winnipeg, Manitoba
“Hidden Gem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We don't usually book hotels in this area of Kissimmee as we like to stick west of the I4, but the reviews were so positive that we decided to take a chance! We weren't disappointed! The location is actually VERY convenient and central (you can even walk to the Dunkin Donuts down the road) but it FEELS like you're off the "beaten path" even though you're only a few blocks off the 192! The front desk staff were wonderful and friendly, the grounds are neat and well cared for, the rooms are spacious (we had booked a 1 bedroom and received a 2 bedroom instead) and the beds and pillows are VERY comfortable ... I would venture to say the best I've slept on at ANY other resort! Yes, the livingroom furniture is a little tired, but it was still comfortable and serviceable. We didn't have ANY issues with the wifi although it's obviously been an issue for others as we were assured by front desk staff that this was being addressed and corrected as of February 9th. We unplugged the phones as soon as we got into the suite to avoid any calls about time-shares, etc. We were not bothered about it at any point! The kitchen was small but well-stocked with all the necessities. If you're accustomed to "self-catered" accommodations, be aware that they provide a good amount of toilet tissue and paper towels and a 'starter pack' of dishwasher and laundry detergent. They also restock the complimentary toiletries on "cleaning day". One of the only reasons I didn't give this property 5 stars is probably my own fault as I didn't take any steps to correct it! Our balcony had a very dismal view of the tennis courts and received no sunshine at any point during the day and the windows in the master bedroom were very dirty - though again, only had the view of the tennis courts so we didn't bother opening the curtains (we were in building 12 - suite 1223). This was disappointing, however the Florida weather was a little cool anyway and we probably wouldn't have spent much time out there; it would have been nice to have a better view though. Parking was always sufficient around our building, and we didn't explore the grounds a whole lot or use the pools, so I can't comment there. I did use the business centre to print out boarding passes which was quick and convenient! The room was cleaned once during our stay (I believe on Thursdays) which was nice to get fresh towels, etc. The laundry facilities are shared by two suites on each floor and is in a small closet just outside your room. We were on the second floor and did hear some noise from the suite above us - the first night a few of the noises woke me up but after that I got used to it. If that sort of thing bothers you I would recommend requesting the top floor. Overall, very impressed and would DEFINITELY consider staying here again!

Room Tip: Building 12 is nice and quiet as it's at the end of one of the roads, however your rooms really...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is a really nice place, nice big rooms in the appartements, very clean and the kitchens well equipped.
Very nice and freindly staff.
The balcony is a bit dark.
They try very hard to sell time share.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It was my third travel to the US so I know what I should expect in here including the quality and prices. Polynesian resort offers a lot more than anything you can find in between 3 & 4 star standard in the USA. Why? The place is located near all Orlando attractions, but also in the neighbourhood of shopping malls, restaurants and outlets. It offers spacious apartments with large sleeping rooms and beds (they call it king's and queen's). On the top of the bedrooms you will have fully equipped washing and drying appliances, kitchen, eating room together with living room and terrace. 3 LCDs were also nice add-in. I had a view to tennis courts, but I could use also swimming pool, jacuzzi, basketball field and gas barbecue. These are all attractions you can have in price. I don't say anything about wireless internet, because it only exists on paper. In order to use it - you may go to the reception, but then no intimacy is given. If you require different standard you will be disappointed. If you are for leisure and pleasure - it is fine.
If you have not your (or rented) car - it will be difficult, because you cannot have any shuttle to Orlando's attractions. Parking to Disney starts from 17 USD, Universal 15 USD, and you can not drink any beverages. On the other hand when you have a car - it is convenient to stay here. All your family can be placed quite comfortable, especially when you are big family and you dream to have separate bathroom with hydro massage. I like it a lot. Service? good, but not brilliant. Well enough, but I found myself more on the internet about local attractions and offers than from the hotel's concierge, who was only able smile and say how great is to see you. It was a bit strange, but I don't mind to have no any of this type of services, because I know what I want and I know exactly where to find it. if not why you are reading my review then? ;P

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We discovered Polynesian Isles about 2 years ago. It is our favorite hotel in the area by far, and we've stayed at many. We've tried the other condo style resorts, but always wind up here! The rooms are wonderful, but the primary reason we return is the service. Connie and the rest of the front desk staff make this feel like our home away from home. Our room is always ready upon arrival, even if we're early, and late check out is never a problem. We live in south Florida, and return here at least 3 times a year for our Disney trips. I can wholeheartedly recommend Polynesian Isles for your next trip to the Orlando area.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I can second this guest´s review:

I"f you don't check-out at 10 am, management harasses the guests by threatening a $25 per every 15 minutes beyond the hour; totally unreasonable and unprofessional! "

We enjoyed the resort but our check out and last day left a bad after taste, not the way you want to travel home, thanks to the unfriendly manager:

When we stayed there in May, the resort was almost deserted and we had an evening flight to Germany. We asked if it was possible to stay a little longer in the room, as we didn´t want to spend all day at the airport but were told very unfriendly "not at all and would charge 25 dollars for every 15 minutes you stayed after 10am" we even offered to pay for another night, but no. The manager was extremely rude and not how I expect to be treated when I am the guest of a hotel, not to mention that the extra fees were unreasonable.

We have stayed in various hotels were it was indeed possible to do a late check out if the hotel wasn´t fully booked....

Would stay here again, if there was new manager or the current one would revise manners...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Diamond R, General Manager at Polynesian Isles Resort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent Polynesian Isles Resort stay.

We apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations for a late check-out. Please know that we take your feedback seriously and your concerns have been addressed with the Front Desk Manager for training and coaching purposes and so that corrective measures are taken.

Please feel free to contact me at simone.kellowan@diamondresorts.com if you would like to further discuss this matter. We hope that your experience will not deter your from staying with us again in the future!
Graymalkin Lane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is an older condo property very close to Disney World. The buildings are older than some other condos, but are very well-maintained, as are the grounds. The neighborhood surrounding the property is a little shaky, but don't let that deter you, the place has a high wall and the security they have is not fooling around. I noticed at least two different roving patrols working at night. I always felt the place was secure, more so even than some other places with better locations and higher prices.
The staff was courteous and helpful, even when we needed something at an odd hour. There was live entertainment in the form of karaoke in the clubhouse during our stay. The entertainment was geared more toward an older crowd, but we fit in anyway. Instead of Metallica, I sang a Johnny Cash song. Nailed it, too.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Brasilia, DF
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed for 10 days in this Resort during Christmas. As we are a family of four, with two almost grown up daughters, we selected an apartment with two rooms and two bathrooms. Our stay was extremely pleasant, specially with the tennis court, basketball, mini golf, pool and jacuzzi. All of them were well kept and the resort offered racquet and balls for these activities. Our apartment was in the third floor, somewhat inconvenient as there was no elevator, but we were informed of that during the reservation. Our recommendation is to, a week or more before your stay, to call the Resort and request a room in the first floor. The kitchen was well equipped, with all the utensils form Cuisinart. Both the towels and the bed sheets were of good quality. The washing machine and dryer were located between the two apartments, which may seem inconvenient but we had no trouble whatsoever.
Positive Points, in my opinion:
Great location in Kissimmee, in a quiet street with easy access and signalization and markets, restaurants (Olive Garden, Perkins and others) and a CVS nearby;
Clean apartment;
Kitchen utensils and bed sheet of good quality;
Well kept, with gardens, pools and tennis court;
Efficient security with gatekeeper 24h;
Helpful staff, always informing when a new package arrived.
Negative Points:
Extremely slow internet in the rooms, having to go to the lobby to be able to use it;
The housekeeping during our stay, only one in a period of 10 days, was not as efficient as when we first arrived. My impression is that they didn’t vacuum the floor. The apartment was somewhat clean before the housekeeping, but the quality of the service should be better.
Overall, our stay was pleasing. I recommend this resort and will certainly return in my next trip to Orlando.

Room Tip: Our recommendation is to, a week or more before your stay, to call the Resort and request a room in...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Been to Polynesian Isles Resort? Share your experiences!