“Recommended” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
Wales
“Recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed our recent stay at this resort. We were in building 7 opposite one of the pools.

Yes, we didn't have an in-room washer/dryer, there was no lift and the wi-fi was not very good but this didn't stop us from having a lovely stay.

Pool was lovely and just found the whole resort to gave a very relaxed vibe which I enjoyed. It would gave been nice if there was a bar/cafe on site but we knew there wasn't when we booked.

Will definitely return.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

387 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Titusville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I love ths resort!!! I loved it so much I became a Diamond Int'l Resort owner...
The staff was helpful & friendly. The fitness center had all the bare necessities. I didn't get to experience eveyrthing the resort had to offer, so I will be back.
The room was excellent. I brought my daughter & fiance and they loved it just as well. They thought I made a good decision becoming an onwer.
The only complaint I had was that the wifi signal was too weak to get anything done on the internet, other than that this resort is great!

Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Once again, we stayed at Polynesian Isles Resort and once again felt it was great value. The suites are spacious and well-equipped. Amenities such as pools, tennis courts, etc are easily accessible. Great place for a family as the property is very secure.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a great experience, so happy I did my homework on Trip Advisor and found this wonderful gem. You can't go wrong with this location and the added sense of security that the 24 hour guard offers (although the area seems perfectly fine). This is a good location and the rooms are spacious. With the in room laundry option, we had no issue throwing in a load of towels during the 7 days we stayed (we didn't choose to add on maid service, not a big deal). My only complaints are weak wireless signal at times and a bit too firm master bedroom mattress, but not a deal breaker. I'd stay there again in an instant. Beautiful grounds, and friendly staff. DON'T HESITATE TO BOOK THIS!

Room Tip: Phase 1 rooms have w/d inside rooms, nice and handy for extended stays.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Not happy at all with my stay at the polynesian resort Orlando Florida, and
wanted to share everything that made me feel this way about my stay.
Front Guard is slow, no need to right down license plate on a sticky note
and hand it back to me, waste of time and the lady at check in didn't even ask for the sticky note, the guard gave me at the entrance!
Fix the AC in the lobby, to hot and slow process!!! Very bad Frist
impression when you are checking into a supposedly, diamond resorts
international.
When I open the door to my two bedroom it was very small and no washer and
dryer like in the photos online. One of the main reasons we went with the two
bedroom was for the washer and dryer.
The kitchen sink hose used to rinse the plates was installed wrong and
useless due to it being tangled around the pluming under the sink and will
only extend 4" out of the sink.
I really think that the extra 10buck per night in resort fees should go
towards pressure washing the pool area. The small pool smells like moldy wet
towels and the pavers around both the pool are so dirty and slimy from months
of sunscreen wash off, kept me and others around me out of the pool who
mention the same thing. This is the worst I have ever seen at a Diamond
resort!

Room Tip: Don't use the pools.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Diamond R, Manager at Polynesian Isles Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for submitting your comments regarding your recent stay. We deeply apologize for the multiple difficulties you encountered during your visit. Our room assignments are made upon the arrival of our guests, and we strive to assign our guests a room type meeting their original request. While we have a high success rate in this process, during rare cases of sudden occupancy changes we may assign our guests to a comparable room type. We apologize if we were unable to meet your request due to availability. Please know the difficulties you encountered are definitely not how we aspire to host any of our guests and we hope to have the chance to communicate with you further, not only to gain a clearer understanding, but also to attempt to remedy the challenges you experienced. We appreciate your feedback and will strive to make the proper solutions internally to prevent similar situations from affecting future guests’ stays.
Sartell, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Family of 2 adults and 3 small children stayed at this resort for 3 evenings. We booked a 2 bedroom, and couldn't have been happier for the off season rate and location.
Full kitchen, double twin and a king room (maybe a pull out couch, however we didn't use). Spacious for kids to spread out. Large master suite, duvet coverings, nice toiletries provided. I requested a pack and play for an infant and the resort provided a high chair too (great added touch for a traveling family). Washing machine was located outside of the suite, but only shared with one other unit.
Resort offers 2 nice pools, playground and various planned activities. No restaurant or bar on-site.
Concierge was helpful with restaurants. Limited interaction with other on-site personnel.
15 minutes to Downtown Disney, 30 minutes to MCO, lots of restaurants and easy access to grocery store.
We would stay again and recommend others do as well.

• Stayed July 2014
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is an ideal place to stay with family. Although self catering, the assistance is that of a hotel with helpful and friendly staff. Need a car - try to get a sat navigation - makes getting around and back much easier. We had a 2 bedroom condo. Very comfortable and extremely well equipped with all the necessary things and more - washing machine and dryer. The condo was huge. Lovely heated swimming pools for the times when we weren't visiting theme parks. All the parks are within 1 hour drive and most much less. Really do recommend this resort.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Polynesian Isles Resort? Share your experiences!