“Turned me into an offsite person.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Polynesian Isles Resort to your Saves list
Polynesian Isles Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   3045 Polynesian Isles Boulevard, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Ranked #3 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
“Turned me into an offsite person.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I will admit, I was nervous anout staying offsite for our Disney weekend. But because we just moved to FL and were buying season passes, we wanted to save money on a room.

I found this resort on hotel.com at a grest price, less than the Pop Century, and I went with it. I booked a 1 bedroom and was pleasantly upgraded to a 2 bedroom. Gary at check in was very friendly and helpful. Also I know this resort is a timeshare, but I did not feel pressured to go to a presentation or to buy into anything.

The room wasn on the 3rd floor ans it was a walk up. No problem for us. The rooms was so large! We had a king bed in 1 room and 2 twins in the other. Yhe master bath had a Jacuzzi tub and an enclosed shower. The kitchen had all the stuff you would need and granite counter tops. If this werr on disney property it would have been a fortune.

We did not participate in any activities at the resort. But they gave us a calendar and it looked like there was a lot of stuff to do.

Lots of resaurants near by. A Krispy Kreme really close. Great to grab a breakfast before hitting the parks. And another great place to eat was KING O FALAFEL. And it really only took us 5-10 minutes to get us to the parks.

I really don't think we will stay onsite again after this trip. It was so much cheaper and so much more spacious. Which as my kids become older, bigger and stinkier, becomes more important to us.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

This was a great starts our Florida trip. The rooms were spotless, comfortable beds, good size rooms with a kitchenette that allowed us to stock up and cook each evening.
Two good sized pools with hot tubs adjacent. Enough to do for lazy days between parks.
Really recommend this for a family of four visiting the theme parks.

Room Tip: As these are flats, you can hear the people above, but its not a problem. If you want to avoid foots...
Denver, CO, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is a time share property. Beautiful apartment and grounds. Employees were helpful and courteous. For the price, this was the nicest place at which we stayed. We were on the Disney property for four nights and this was equal in cost and much nicer.

Room Tip: The rooms were very large and beautifully furnished. Full kitchen,dining room and living room. Ver...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We have stayed here a few different times, and we will be visiting again next summer. We really like it. It is an older property, but everything is kept clean, safe, and usually very quiet. One of the main reasons we like it is because there aren't a lot of people there at any given time. We typically have the pool ALL to ourselves. This is great for the kids because they can let loose and not worry about squealing too much or splashing someone that doesn't want to be splashed.

The rooms are spacious, and having a full kitchen is AWESOME. We throw something in the crock pot before we leave for Disney, and we come back to the room to eat dinner. Quite a money-saver. Also, when you get tired, achy, and sweaty at Disney, you can run back here in the heat of the day and hit the pool. Fatastic way to go. This property is pretty close to Disney's maingates and to shopping areas.

AND it is one of the few, VERY FEW places you will find in Kissimmee that has no history of bed bug problems. That alone is reason enough to keep our family coming back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
tampa bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed in a two bedroom two bath unit which was great. It had everything you need. It was so large, clean and modern.
The grounds were very clean and well kept. Pools and spas very nice.
I would advise to try and get a first floor unit if possible because their are no elevators and to climb 3 flights of stairs with luggage was a little inconvenient.
There is a washer and dryer right outside the room between the other unit so you share it but never had to wait it was great!
It's tucked away off the main road (192) but not far at all from everything you could want.
I received a very good AAA rate and I would definitely recommend this resort.
Plus no resort fees tacked on which is rare in that area.

Room Tip: Get a first floor unit if possible because their aren't any elevators.
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

As a frequent Trip Advisor user I picked this resort for our most recent family vacation from Wednesday through Saturday, the first week of September 2013 and was quite pleased. Surely you will read most of the other reviews regarding this facility so I will say, I agree with all the positive reviews, spacious, fairly new appliances, Granite countertops, contemporary furnishings, flatscreen TVs, The AC worked perfectly, and yes it is dark (if you don't turn on any lights) but remember that there are only windows in the front and back of the unit which is quite long. I don't know how anyone could expect lots of daylight to shine through the concrete side walls but perhaps those reviewers also have concrete skulls. There was NO resort fee or parking fee, only a refundable $100 deposit against damages or incidentals, we booked with Hotels.com and it came to just under $100/night for the 3 night stay, well worth the money. The kids (all 4 teenagers 15-17) used the pool every night and said it was really nice. We had a two bedroom apartment in Building one directly across from the check in office on the second floor and it was quiet, the internet worked for the most part with some minor interruptions here and there but I always bring a hotspot when we travel because you can never depend on someone else's service. There were plenty of regular towels and pool towels, a King size bed and nice two headed shower in the master with a second bathroom with tub/shower in the "kids" bedroom that had two twin beds. We took the mattress off the pull out convertible sofa in the living room and put it on the floor in the kids room as they all like to stay in the same room and then when my sons friend ended up joining us we bought a blowup (twin size) mattress at Walmart, which also went in the same bedroom (of course there was no room for walking, just bed everywhere but they like that kind of "fun" (they don't wake up with aches and pains - ahh the joys of youth). You could stick another king size blowup mattress (or two) in the living room if you had to, so anyone with a large family this is definitely a great place to stay. Walmart was less then 5 minutes away and there were also Halal markets (Kosher Arabic) in that shopping center along with Subway, Gas station, Pizza, etc. Very close to Disney and Irlo Bronson (lots of restaurants) of course we took full advantage of the large kitchen with all the applicances (toaster, blender, coffee maker, knives, serving bowels, ice maker, etc) and the Washer/Dryer in the room. I read from a previous review about the management charging them for late checkout so I tried to make sure we were out by 10am but of course its almost always impossible to get everyone motivated enough to get up and out on time. I was at the front desk by 10:30-10:45 and there was no problem. There is no maid service but that's to be expected at a time share although I suppose you could ask and pay extra for that if you want that sort of thing, my wife prefers to "Clorox" the entire room no matter where we go but she seemed pretty relaxed here since it looked to be well maintained without any mold or mildew or crust or rust. My only complaint if I had to, the beds were a little "bouncy" but then again we sleep on a simmons memory foam at home and you just cant compare that to any hotel bed. We will definitely stay here again, big improvement over the old town suites where we used to stay when the kids were little and we were on a tighter budget,

Room Tip: building 1, where we stayed, is right across from the office, right by the entrance and pool and was...
Curitiba, PR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I've spend two weeks in Polynesian Isles while at Orlando/FL. We got the two rooms apartment and it was very nice, clean, all furnished, with 2 baths and a decent kitchen. The value was a real bargain, around $80 a day.
I definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Polynesian Isles Resort? Share your experiences!