“Wonderful Place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
tampa bay
“Wonderful Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed in a two bedroom two bath unit which was great. It had everything you need. It was so large, clean and modern.
The grounds were very clean and well kept. Pools and spas very nice.
I would advise to try and get a first floor unit if possible because their are no elevators and to climb 3 flights of stairs with luggage was a little inconvenient.
There is a washer and dryer right outside the room between the other unit so you share it but never had to wait it was great!
It's tucked away off the main road (192) but not far at all from everything you could want.
I received a very good AAA rate and I would definitely recommend this resort.
Plus no resort fees tacked on which is rare in that area.

Room Tip: Get a first floor unit if possible because their aren't any elevators.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

387 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

As a frequent Trip Advisor user I picked this resort for our most recent family vacation from Wednesday through Saturday, the first week of September 2013 and was quite pleased. Surely you will read most of the other reviews regarding this facility so I will say, I agree with all the positive reviews, spacious, fairly new appliances, Granite countertops, contemporary furnishings, flatscreen TVs, The AC worked perfectly, and yes it is dark (if you don't turn on any lights) but remember that there are only windows in the front and back of the unit which is quite long. I don't know how anyone could expect lots of daylight to shine through the concrete side walls but perhaps those reviewers also have concrete skulls. There was NO resort fee or parking fee, only a refundable $100 deposit against damages or incidentals, we booked with Hotels.com and it came to just under $100/night for the 3 night stay, well worth the money. The kids (all 4 teenagers 15-17) used the pool every night and said it was really nice. We had a two bedroom apartment in Building one directly across from the check in office on the second floor and it was quiet, the internet worked for the most part with some minor interruptions here and there but I always bring a hotspot when we travel because you can never depend on someone else's service. There were plenty of regular towels and pool towels, a King size bed and nice two headed shower in the master with a second bathroom with tub/shower in the "kids" bedroom that had two twin beds. We took the mattress off the pull out convertible sofa in the living room and put it on the floor in the kids room as they all like to stay in the same room and then when my sons friend ended up joining us we bought a blowup (twin size) mattress at Walmart, which also went in the same bedroom (of course there was no room for walking, just bed everywhere but they like that kind of "fun" (they don't wake up with aches and pains - ahh the joys of youth). You could stick another king size blowup mattress (or two) in the living room if you had to, so anyone with a large family this is definitely a great place to stay. Walmart was less then 5 minutes away and there were also Halal markets (Kosher Arabic) in that shopping center along with Subway, Gas station, Pizza, etc. Very close to Disney and Irlo Bronson (lots of restaurants) of course we took full advantage of the large kitchen with all the applicances (toaster, blender, coffee maker, knives, serving bowels, ice maker, etc) and the Washer/Dryer in the room. I read from a previous review about the management charging them for late checkout so I tried to make sure we were out by 10am but of course its almost always impossible to get everyone motivated enough to get up and out on time. I was at the front desk by 10:30-10:45 and there was no problem. There is no maid service but that's to be expected at a time share although I suppose you could ask and pay extra for that if you want that sort of thing, my wife prefers to "Clorox" the entire room no matter where we go but she seemed pretty relaxed here since it looked to be well maintained without any mold or mildew or crust or rust. My only complaint if I had to, the beds were a little "bouncy" but then again we sleep on a simmons memory foam at home and you just cant compare that to any hotel bed. We will definitely stay here again, big improvement over the old town suites where we used to stay when the kids were little and we were on a tighter budget,

Room Tip: building 1, where we stayed, is right across from the office, right by the entrance and pool and was...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Curitiba, PR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I've spend two weeks in Polynesian Isles while at Orlando/FL. We got the two rooms apartment and it was very nice, clean, all furnished, with 2 baths and a decent kitchen. The value was a real bargain, around $80 a day.
I definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Over the years, I'd stayed at multiple resorts around the Orlando area and Polynesian is quite nice for the price. I believe they either have new management or taken over which explains why they're fairly accommodating to your requests. Here's my observations of my recent stay.

Pros: Friendly staff and fairly accommodating.
Moderate pricing.
Property is roomy and have 24hr. security.
Close proximity to all major Theme parks.
Kitchen utensil well equip

Cons: Ground facility such as mini-golf, game room is a joke. The golf consist of 3 holes on a very small area the size of a maybe over-size car parking and don't expect to see much in what they call the game room . Never join any of their planned activities so I can't comment.

Wi-Fi throughput is horrendous, during peak hr. is barely usable. I was told by front desk that the previous management had existing contract with current internet provider and they know about the problem. They apparently have some type of booster available for laptops, but none was available when I ask for it. So if internet is important to your stay, make sure you put that into your consideration.

Room furnishing is rather dated, for god sake I thought I've seen the last of tube TVs!

To sum it all up, if you want to just relax with the family, Polynesian is quite nice. If you want super modern or need to do work during your stay, you're better off looking elsewhere.

Room Tip: During check in, ask for a safe key so you can lock up your valuables when you visit area theme park...
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We scheduled this trip as a four day get-away with my mom and sisters, and the location was perfect! We spent most of our time enjoying the pools, hot tubs and walking the grounds. My family especially enjoyed feeding bread crumbs to the fish and ducks in the pond by the pool. The pool closest to our unit was a salt chlorination system. So, you don't have a strong chlorine smell while you swim. The hot tubs are chlorine, however. So, we would use the hot tub and then go for a swim to rinse the chlorine out of our swim suits.

There are three levels in the Phase 4 buildings (where we stayed). Since my mom was with us, we requested a lower unit and the desk clerk was able to accommodate us with no fuss. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. They even have a tennis court with equipment you can check out. It is a limited quantity, so, we weren't able to check out racquets. We did get games from the front desk in case we had to stay indoors.

They also had gas or charcoal grills with grill equipment you can check out from the front desk. We bought some chicken breasts at the Publix in Celebration on 192- this is a very nice Publix, by the way, I don't recommend the one in Kissimmee on 192- and grilled them at a grill location that was just outside our building.

The beds were firm, but comfortable, and the pillows were just right. The two bedroom has a king size bed in the master with a very large bathroom that is beautifully decorated, two twin beds in the other bedroom with a bathroom that can be accessed by the both the bedroom or the main part of the unit. The sofa is a sleeper sofa and folds in and out fairly easily. Some furniture has to be moved to accommodate the bed, but not a problem. The outside patio is screened in with two chairs, a little table and a ceiling fan. It's very nice to sit and sip your coffee in the morning.

Also of note, I have stayed in many condos, but this one had the best stocked kitchen I have seen. We do a lot of juicing and had brought our juicer. The unit already had a blender, a strainer, nice metal storage bowels, sturdy cookware, baking trays and a glass casserole dish for the microwave along with almost everything else you might need. Bring your own ice cream scoop if you need one. Our condo didn't have one. No big deal. We just used spoons.

Many of the guests were staying here while visiting the different theme parks in the area. It has easy access to all the major highways and is very close to Epcot and Downtown Disney. However, you can easily just come and visit to rest and relax as we did!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We had a 2 BR unit. Took our parents and they don't do steps (no elevators) so we got 1st floor. This took away some outside light for the room and made it seem dark inside. This resort was super clean outside and in the rooms. Other than a closet door everthing was in working order. The unit was plenty big for the 4 of us with completly private bedrooms. Anything and everything we needed and ask for at the front desk they gave us. They really went out of their way for my dads birthday and their anniversary that both fell on the week we stayed. We were extremly impressed. The resort has activities for the little kids and big kids. You can play pool, shuffleboard, tennis and they have a small putting green. The pools were nice along with the hot tubs. This place is in close proximity to everything. We enjoyed our stay

Room Tip: Stay on higher floors to get better views and less noise from other units
Woodstock, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

at this resort. Location very convenient for parks, food shopping, restaurants. Complex is well-maintained,quiet and has 24 hr security. Everything that I read prior to staying here is accurate. I would add they supply toiletries in each bath and sufficient towels and pool towels for 6 people. You can get towels replaced mid-week. I would recommend that you state you do not want mid-week cleaning when you check in, otherwise there is a charge for it. We didn't ask for it and happened to be in the unit when they came to clean, so we declined it. When you get into the unit, slide the patio door, closet doors, bathroom doors to make sure they all work properly. We had some issues with all, but did not complain about them. Pots/pans in our unit were not the non-stick variety - be aware if you plan to cook. Gas and charcoal grills are outside each building. Unit has dishwashing liquid and dishwasher detergent and one laundry soap provided. Bring your own coffee filters. Orlando in summer - bring an umbrella - it's bound to rain every day at some point.

Room Tip: No elevator, so don't bring heavy luggage. We were on third floor so had no noise issues. If yo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Polynesian Isles Resort? Share your experiences!