“Exceeded Expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
GTA
“Exceeded Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We have stayed at many places over the years, but this is the first place which exceeded our expectations.
Great rooms and facilities. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
The place is secure with guarded entryway.
Given the quality of the rooms and facilities, the price is ery reasonable.
We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Washington, D.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We booked a last-minute trip to Orlando the week before Thanksgiving and actually booked this room less than 48 hours before we arrived. We got a package through Expedia with a rental car from Alamo - THIS IS THE WAY TO GO IF YOU CAN. The cost per day for the car and room was under $100 including taxes and fees.

We checked in late (10pm or so) which was after the front desk closed (it is only open until 8pm). So it would have been difficult to resolve any issues with the room until the morning, but fortunately the place was immaculate and everything was perfect. We had a 2 bedroom unit in Building 4, so we were situated right across from the pool and picnic area.

Everything was spotless and furnished quite nicely. You had every sort of kitchen appliance available if cooking and eating in is more your style. If you prefer to eat out (as we do), I-192 is a hop, skip, jump away and you've got pretty much 1, if not 2, of every chain restaurant that you can think of. It is also right down the road from the Walmart at Calypso Cay, so we stocked up on food and soda for the week. This is also a Walmart that has a counter where you can buy legitimate discounted park tickets; not the sketchy desks you find at the gas stations in the area where the passes may or may not work at the gates.

The only complaints we could make were that the chests of drawers in the room were somewhat broken (still useable, though) and that he had trouble connecting to the free wifi with his iPad. I had no problem using my laptop (a MacBook Pro) which was a blessing since I had a ton of work to do while I was there. Also, be prepared to have to take out your own garbage and wash your own towels; there is no daily maid service. However, you can pay for extra linen service midway through the week.

We had to rent a 2-bedroom condo even though it was just the two of us; there were no smaller rooms available. So there was more room than we knew what to do with, but the greatest thing was the washer/dryer that was inside the unit. It was right in the living room, but it wasn't too loud to keep us up when we threw in a load to wash right before heading off to bed. The next best thing was the master bathroom; the walk-in shower with dual shower heads was fantastic!

Parking was free and plentiful; we never had a problem finding a place close to the condo.

I definitely hope to make it back here soon!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

LOVE this place! It is only 10-20 minutes from Universal and Disney. I also love the fact that it is a gated community with security at the gate. Be aware that there is no maid service and you have to remove your own trash, etc. before checking out but it was well worth it for the savings. It's an excellent value. Very clean, sheets are amazing, updated bathrooms--can't say enough great things. Very spacious for a family of four. Highly recommend this!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Doral, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Big enough rooms, but I didn't like the late check in time and early check out time. Additionally, I was not happy to find out that guests had to take out their trash, clean dishes, and other housekeeping before checkout at 10 am or face penalty fees. The main shower did not drain properly, so the water would just sit there. Pretty gross.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
New England USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed here just after new years, as I was attending a conference and wanted to save money by staying "offsite." This is a very good location for a bunch of reasons. But it is not for everyone.

The resort's best features are the gate guarded entrance, the staff are awesome, the lodging features as you read other reviews is spot on. I stayed in a 1st floor, 2 bedroom, 2 bath full kitchen and huge living room time share that was beyond expectations. As a Timeshare, that means either cook your own food or travel off site. No restaurant or bar inside.

Parking is generous and the pool is as good as you will see on their site. Very nice. You will also not have your bed changed every day, nor are the towels cleaned or replaced daily. The A/C is great, but you have to manage the temperature in the winter, as the rooms cool down quickly and they get chilly. The kitchen is well stocked with glasses, silverware, plates and so forth. As your read other reviews this is a great layout.

You are about 14 miles from Downtown Disneyworld, and there are tons of choices for eating and shopping nearby. There is a walmart, publix, and target super store minutes away. The Hess gas station just down the street is the cheapest around. I ate at the Ruby Tuesday's just a few blocks down the street. There are a ton of choices beyond, but I did not want to travel far, and all I wanted was a good salad bar, which RT offers. I used googlemaps to find places to eat and get directions.

If you are attending a conference at one of the major locations nearby, like the Marriott world, this is only 10 minutes away in good traffic. People were shocked I got such a great deal for 70% less than they got onsite. I would suggest you look into Thrifty car rental when you book a car, as I got a great deal from them as well. And do yourself a favor, when leaving MCO, don't go north to the 528 beachline like the maps tell you, but south to RT 417 as the traffic on US4 can be awful with traffic snarls.. and when you return to MCO, gas up at landstar blvd as it is less than 10 miles away, and you save of rental return fees for filling up. In case you don't figure this out, I am writing this for myself for the next time I come here! lol

The reason I did not give them I "5" are as follows..
1) my room had no internet signal. I had to type in a bedroom, sitting on a stool with my laptop on the bed next to the window to get a "7" strength, and in the kitchen was 1, and my bedroom 1 or 0... I asked the groundskeeper, who was very very helpful, but the solution was to call an offsite party to fix this problem.. not good..
2) I had a box shipped to the resort, only to find I did not get a call from the front desk it had arrived, and once I showed up to the front desk asking for it the next day, they had to search for it, and it was not on the ledger of a received package.

To be fair, I did discuss this with the night manager, and she was SO accommodating, only to find I was leaving the next day, so she wrote down my issues and promised they would be addressed.

I would come back next year if the conference is placed nearby.

Room Tip: this is a safe and quiet venue so you won't have to worry much.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

After researching for months, we traded to this condo for a week at Disney. What a fabulous place. We stayed on the top floor of a three story building. Huge 2 bedroom, 2 bath for us. It is only 15 minutes to the parks, that is in holiday traffic. It has two pools and numerous spas. I have not stayed in better. No time-share push at all. Extremely family friendly and quiet. This will be the only place to stay for me when in Orlando. Thanks for a great stay.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Queensland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We have to travel to Orlando twice a year due to our Daughter working for one of the theme parks and this is the only time I have rated a resort all stars ..its presentation is faultless the rooms immaculate ..location to shops and theme parks are fantastic if you have a car ...we have found over the years being to close to downtown Disney can be a nightmare with busy traffic all the time but the location of the Polynesian Isles Resort was perfect and with 24 hr security you will have no concerns at all ...great for young families and couples as well ..we had the two bedroom unit 922 ask for it if you can it has a beautiful view of a large waterfall and pond

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Polynesian Isles Resort? Share your experiences!