“Average accommodations” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Doral, FL
“Average accommodations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Big enough rooms, but I didn't like the late check in time and early check out time. Additionally, I was not happy to find out that guests had to take out their trash, clean dishes, and other housekeeping before checkout at 10 am or face penalty fees. The main shower did not drain properly, so the water would just sit there. Pretty gross.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
New England USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed here just after new years, as I was attending a conference and wanted to save money by staying "offsite." This is a very good location for a bunch of reasons. But it is not for everyone.

The resort's best features are the gate guarded entrance, the staff are awesome, the lodging features as you read other reviews is spot on. I stayed in a 1st floor, 2 bedroom, 2 bath full kitchen and huge living room time share that was beyond expectations. As a Timeshare, that means either cook your own food or travel off site. No restaurant or bar inside.

Parking is generous and the pool is as good as you will see on their site. Very nice. You will also not have your bed changed every day, nor are the towels cleaned or replaced daily. The A/C is great, but you have to manage the temperature in the winter, as the rooms cool down quickly and they get chilly. The kitchen is well stocked with glasses, silverware, plates and so forth. As your read other reviews this is a great layout.

You are about 14 miles from Downtown Disneyworld, and there are tons of choices for eating and shopping nearby. There is a walmart, publix, and target super store minutes away. The Hess gas station just down the street is the cheapest around. I ate at the Ruby Tuesday's just a few blocks down the street. There are a ton of choices beyond, but I did not want to travel far, and all I wanted was a good salad bar, which RT offers. I used googlemaps to find places to eat and get directions.

If you are attending a conference at one of the major locations nearby, like the Marriott world, this is only 10 minutes away in good traffic. People were shocked I got such a great deal for 70% less than they got onsite. I would suggest you look into Thrifty car rental when you book a car, as I got a great deal from them as well. And do yourself a favor, when leaving MCO, don't go north to the 528 beachline like the maps tell you, but south to RT 417 as the traffic on US4 can be awful with traffic snarls.. and when you return to MCO, gas up at landstar blvd as it is less than 10 miles away, and you save of rental return fees for filling up. In case you don't figure this out, I am writing this for myself for the next time I come here! lol

The reason I did not give them I "5" are as follows..
1) my room had no internet signal. I had to type in a bedroom, sitting on a stool with my laptop on the bed next to the window to get a "7" strength, and in the kitchen was 1, and my bedroom 1 or 0... I asked the groundskeeper, who was very very helpful, but the solution was to call an offsite party to fix this problem.. not good..
2) I had a box shipped to the resort, only to find I did not get a call from the front desk it had arrived, and once I showed up to the front desk asking for it the next day, they had to search for it, and it was not on the ledger of a received package.

To be fair, I did discuss this with the night manager, and she was SO accommodating, only to find I was leaving the next day, so she wrote down my issues and promised they would be addressed.

I would come back next year if the conference is placed nearby.

Room Tip: this is a safe and quiet venue so you won't have to worry much.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

After researching for months, we traded to this condo for a week at Disney. What a fabulous place. We stayed on the top floor of a three story building. Huge 2 bedroom, 2 bath for us. It is only 15 minutes to the parks, that is in holiday traffic. It has two pools and numerous spas. I have not stayed in better. No time-share push at all. Extremely family friendly and quiet. This will be the only place to stay for me when in Orlando. Thanks for a great stay.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Queensland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We have to travel to Orlando twice a year due to our Daughter working for one of the theme parks and this is the only time I have rated a resort all stars ..its presentation is faultless the rooms immaculate ..location to shops and theme parks are fantastic if you have a car ...we have found over the years being to close to downtown Disney can be a nightmare with busy traffic all the time but the location of the Polynesian Isles Resort was perfect and with 24 hr security you will have no concerns at all ...great for young families and couples as well ..we had the two bedroom unit 922 ask for it if you can it has a beautiful view of a large waterfall and pond

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed at this Diamond Resorts timeshare the first week of December, 2012. We had a spacious 1 bedroom unit which was fine for us. The unit had a full kitchen, dining table for 6, sofa-sleeper, 2 chairs, 2 tv's, combo dvd/vhs player. The master bedroom had a large shower adjoining it with a full bathroom just off the kitchen. There was plenty of closet space. There was also a screened-in patio with seating for 6. The complex itself had a swimming pool and hot tub. There's a business center/rec room with a pool table, games and books to be checked out, and 2 computer terminals. The local newspaper is available for free while supplies last.

The property is located about 20-30 minutes from DisneyWorld properties, depending upon traffic, with easy access. It's a little further to Universal Studios but is also an easy drive. There are plenty of restaurants and shopping throughout the area.

The staff was friendly and attentive. We could see coming back to this resort again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Had a two bedroom unit on 3rd floor.

Large space, nice kitchen area. The knives were very dull but otherwise the basics were there and were good. The bathroom off the master bedroom was huge and had a jet tub and separate shower.

The laundry is just outside the room, one on each level. Free to use and your room key opens the door, it's basically shared between two rooms.

The pool is heated and the hot tub is nice but not overly hot (good for little ones, but I'd like it hotter).

There is free parking and the wifi works, but the signal was weak in spots. You'll need a car and there are no cribs. There is some toiletries to get you started but you'll have to get more if you stay for a week like we did. Also there is no daily cleaning/turn down service. There are basic cleaning supplies (broom, dust pan, vacuum etc).

Near Disney but no shuttle etc (that I know of) so have a car. Also not too far to go to Seaworld or Universal. I recommend that you take a day or two at least and either head east to Cocoa Beach or West to Clearwater Beach (or better Fort De Soto Park).

bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

This resort is excellent. Check in was very easy. No hard sell on the timeshares. The units were of a good standard and very clean, the grounds are also very well maintained. The staff were very friendly and booked taxi's for us when required. I would suggest you do really need a car to get around. The location is very good and Close to Disney. We liked the security on the gate 24 hours a day. They were always friendly and checked everyone coming in and out. We have stayed in the Kissimmee area for past 12 years and if your looking for good value, safe accommodation then look no further. We will definately be back!

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Polynesian Isles Resort? Share your experiences!