I stayed here just after new years, as I was attending a conference and wanted to save money by staying "offsite." This is a very good location for a bunch of reasons. But it is not for everyone.
The resort's best features are the gate guarded entrance, the staff are awesome, the lodging features as you read other reviews is spot on. I stayed in a 1st floor, 2 bedroom, 2 bath full kitchen and huge living room time share that was beyond expectations. As a Timeshare, that means either cook your own food or travel off site. No restaurant or bar inside.
Parking is generous and the pool is as good as you will see on their site. Very nice. You will also not have your bed changed every day, nor are the towels cleaned or replaced daily. The A/C is great, but you have to manage the temperature in the winter, as the rooms cool down quickly and they get chilly. The kitchen is well stocked with glasses, silverware, plates and so forth. As your read other reviews this is a great layout.
You are about 14 miles from Downtown Disneyworld, and there are tons of choices for eating and shopping nearby. There is a walmart, publix, and target super store minutes away. The Hess gas station just down the street is the cheapest around. I ate at the Ruby Tuesday's just a few blocks down the street. There are a ton of choices beyond, but I did not want to travel far, and all I wanted was a good salad bar, which RT offers. I used googlemaps to find places to eat and get directions.
If you are attending a conference at one of the major locations nearby, like the Marriott world, this is only 10 minutes away in good traffic. People were shocked I got such a great deal for 70% less than they got onsite. I would suggest you look into Thrifty car rental when you book a car, as I got a great deal from them as well. And do yourself a favor, when leaving MCO, don't go north to the 528 beachline like the maps tell you, but south to RT 417 as the traffic on US4 can be awful with traffic snarls.. and when you return to MCO, gas up at landstar blvd as it is less than 10 miles away, and you save of rental return fees for filling up. In case you don't figure this out, I am writing this for myself for the next time I come here! lol
The reason I did not give them I "5" are as follows..
1) my room had no internet signal. I had to type in a bedroom, sitting on a stool with my laptop on the bed next to the window to get a "7" strength, and in the kitchen was 1, and my bedroom 1 or 0... I asked the groundskeeper, who was very very helpful, but the solution was to call an offsite party to fix this problem.. not good..
2) I had a box shipped to the resort, only to find I did not get a call from the front desk it had arrived, and once I showed up to the front desk asking for it the next day, they had to search for it, and it was not on the ledger of a received package.
To be fair, I did discuss this with the night manager, and she was SO accommodating, only to find I was leaving the next day, so she wrote down my issues and promised they would be addressed.
I would come back next year if the conference is placed nearby.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Polynesian Isles Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamond Polynesian Isles Kissimmee
- Sunterra Resort Polynesian Isle
- Sunterra Polynesian Resort
- Polynesian Isles