“Another GREAT Weekend at my home away from home.” 4 of 5 stars

Polynesian Isles Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   3045 Polynesian Isles Boulevard, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Ranked #3 of 159 Hotels in Kissimmee
South Florida, Florida
“Another GREAT Weekend at my home away from home.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Arrived Friday Oct 5th for a weekend at Universals HH22. booked two 2 bedroom condos. one for my youngest sister and her family and one for my family. She was impressed with the layout and the size of the unit which was side by side to ours. I had a chance to meet with Scott H. the assistant G.M. and just had to let him know just how pleased we are each time we visit. It just keeps getting better! I expressed how great having all the utensils, pots, bowls, baking dish everything you need to cook just about anything even a blender! also, its nice having walmart and publix near. everything in the unit was clean and everything worked. we loved the hot tub outside the unit and as always the grounds are very well kept. I can't stress enough how great the staff here is including security ie mr. Henry Jackson who i missed this time but will see him the next. I also would like to especially thank elizabeth for all her help over the phone days before we arrived. she went above and beyond the call in order to help me. same with all the staff driving around in the golf carts they are very attentive and if you have any questions they stop, listen, and help. Thank you all gfor making this another GREAT weekend. sincerely J.Lugo

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

just got back from a vacation where we spent the week at the Polynesian Isles Resort. It is an older resort but they really keep it up. The grounds and rooms were all very nice. We were in unit 9, and I found it noisy on a couple of levels. First, we could hear people walking around above us. Second, There is some kind of 'gated' community next doors, and the gate is right next to unit 9. There was a lot of noise from cars stopping at the gate, waiting for the gate with loud stereos playing, and accelerating when the gate opened. Even more disturbing was the fact that we saw the police there on multiple occasions throughout the week. It is in a convenient location, but I did not feel that it was in a great neighborhood. The AC was out when we arrived and we had to wait for an hour while it was fixed. This caused us to have a really late supper our first night. This is not good when you have kids. Also, I was disturbed by the dead cockroach in the middle of the living room floor when we arrived. We have stayed at Marriott resorts near Disney that we liked better. Overall, though, it was OK.

Room Tip: Avoid Unit 9 due to noise from the gated community next doors.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have been guest at this resort for several times and have found this to be excellent both in quality and location. Frist time I was there for only one week. Second time I was there for a fortnight, but I broke it up in two part. One of this I stayd in St Petersburg near the Golf Coast. I regret that I broke it up in two part - it was not worth it.

Room Tip: There was no restaurant inside the resort. Room Service was only towels change once a week.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My sister and her 8-year-old son stayed with me at the Polynesian Isles Resort. We had a 3rd story 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom condo. It had a full kitchen with a breakfast bar. There was a nice dining table and living room with comfortable chairs. The little guy loved the fact that there was a tv in both bedrooms and the living room, which meant he got one to himself! The king master suite was lovely and had a lounge chair and ceiling fan. The master bath had two sinks, huge jacuzzi and lovely shower too. We enjoyed one of the several outdoor pools and hot tubs. It was a ten minute drive to most parks at Disney World and downtown Disney. There is a 24-hour Walmart that is just up the street that has almost everything you would ever need. We found a Publix not too far away also. There are so many choices for restaurants just a short drive away. This place worked out perfectly for our week in the Orlando area!

Room Tip: Get a third floor (top) place. I wouldn't have wanted to have the place below my nephew!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I could not complain about this condo resort. The condo was very comfortable, and spacious. I loved the master bathroom! The kitchen was updated, the beds were very comfy, the pool and hot tub were nice. My only complaint was that it really is better to stay here if you are doing Disney -- the traffic was very bad getting to and from Universal. If I was going to Disney, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Have to say we were very happy with Polynesian Isles, and we have stayed all over Orlando many many times. This resrt is ideal for families on a bit of a budget who want space - the suites are very large, and well equipped. For the rate of around £50 per night what you get is excellent.
The location, for the kissimmee area with quick access to the Disney parks is excellent, and actually just mntes away from the Downtown Disney entance to Disney world. We stayed at the Doubletree resort last year, but this is better value, and without resort fees. The suites are comparable, but i think the Polynesian facilities, the pool and grounds , which look lovely, are much nicer. I especially liked all the hidden hot tubs dotted around the tropical foliage.
The suite has 2 good sized rooms, a twin and a king. The king has a huge en suite spa bath, theres a small lounge, dining area and kitchenette. Theres a second toilet with sink area, and a small outdoor porch.
We had no issues whatsoever during our 5 nights, no noise, pleasant neighbours and excellent service from all the staff.
We understood that the grounds were managed by a seperate company to SPM, which was fine - both lots of staff were very good- especially the gate security.
Some areas are dated, the guest lounge feels old, and a few of the rec areas are a bit jaded.
The location though, especially for newbies, is honestly spot on - provided you have a car. Disney in the morning is minutes away. The strip of 192 restaurants and attractions is n your doorstep ( actually walking distance)
Within minutes there are also a dozen very good restaurants - including Bahama Breeze.
So, a good choice for Disney, especially for those on a budget - this blows out the water similar priced hotel rooms in the area.
Its not luxury, but still you get a very pleasant, large and well appointed SUITE, which is essential for a family with children after a tiring Disney day.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Waterloo, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My family of 4 were supposed to stay 5 nights but ended up staying 8 nights due to the hurricane warning on coast of Western Florida, where we were supposed to go for the beach. Even though we did not have a newly renoved flat, it had everything we needed. The reception was very friendly towards us, and especially the children had a great time at the pool which was open until late and made friends. The washing machine and dryer was great. The location was excellent and it was very quiet and safe. So we definitely would like to stay there again if we come to Orlando again.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room and we got a cheap rate via hotels.com
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - Lake Buena Vista South
Liki Tiki Village
Liki Tiki Village
#30 of 159 in Kissimmee
4.0 of 5 stars 2,141 reviews

Been to Polynesian Isles Resort? Share your experiences!