“Perfect, Perfect, Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
South Florida, Florida
“Perfect, Perfect, Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Just when you think it cant get any better, Polynesian Isle resort continues to surprise me. We arrived friday June 29th after 8:00 pm, rented a 1 bedroom condo for the weekend and was placed in building 101. As we entered the unit we were completely surprised by the Island in the middle of the kitchen, the granite counter tops, the wooden cabinets, the black an silver appliances, the lighting, the furniture. Everything was new! also, the entire layout of the condo including its large wall to wall lanai complete with lounge chairs and tables. the tropical landscape as you walk around and spot the hot tubs throughout the walkways and tiki huts complete with grills. they supply the utensils. just bring your own charcoal. Very family oriented, In the main building they have a small game room with only 2 games available also a pool table with 2 older computers (slow) and a large old TV that shares the same room. this is an area that really needs a makeover. however, its still great for family with young children. Its a small resort when compared to the giants out there. but, if you like a vacation that gives you all the amennities of home and wish to enjoy more quality time with family. This is the place. if your looking for noise, crouds, tiki bars, loud music and drunks by the pool. I would suggest you book somewhere else. this place is truly a gem. a true diamond! and I hope it continues to remain this way for years to come. Very Clean!!! and just one of my favorite places.

Room Tip: any room you book will not dissapoint you.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I've stayed in 8 different condo exchanges in the past 6 years and the Polynesian Isles was nice, not the best I've stayed in but still a nice place. It's in a quiet location and just off the busy routes in and out of Disney and Sea World and close to grocery stores. The one down side is that on your final day they instruct you to place all your towels in a laundry basket, be sure to empty all trash and start the dish washer. We don't leave a huge mess when we check out but I was a little put off by being strictly told to do these specific things when I leave. I've never encountered that at any other timeshare. Other than that the place was nice.

Room Tip: We had 2 sepearate units and they were both good. All rooms seem to be near one of two swimming poo...
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We got a two bedroom on the second floor and it was very nice. The people above us had children so you could here them walking around constantly. We also have children so I felt bad for the people below us as well. While using my new speedo goggles I noticed how dirty the pool was. There was lots of hair and dirt floating near the bottom. I never saw anyone clean it. The hot tubs were nice to have. Not much of a game room in my opinion. Lot of security officers around, not sure if they have had a problem in the past to warrant this. We stayed 10 days so by the end of the trip we were running out of toilet paper and dish detergent and trash bags. My husband went to the office for dish detergent and they did tell us it would be $1 for two packets. Trash bags are free I guess. I'm not gonna stay here again next time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
SPMResorts, Public Relations Manager at Polynesian Isles Resort, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed our rooms, as we have worked hard to ensure they afford all of the comforts of home. A different management company oversees the pools and common areas of the property, and so we apologize that you experienced issues with their amenities. We are glad you felt safe and secure during your stay. Because we are set up as villas/condos instead of a typical hotel property, we provide a starter kit that includes toilet paper, dish detergent and other items to get you started in your unit. We encourage our guests to visit the nearby grocery store or drugstore to purchase more of the items you need once you are settled. We sincerely hope the next time your travel plans include the Orlando area, you will once again stay with us at Polynesian Isles.
Tucson, AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We are in the midst of a one week stay at the Polynesian Isles resort in Phase 4. Overall, the place is ok, decent rooms, decent beds, pretty grounds, and most importantly, QUIET grounds. However, I must point out that they seem to want to charge you extra for EVERYTHING, including toilet paper, of all things. We only got 2 rolls, and asked for more, and were told it would cost 50 cents per role. Come on people, we are talking about toilet paper! I have NEVER stayed in any timeshare or hotel that charged extra for toilet paper, it is absolutely ridiculous.

Our second issue is with the checkin. We checked in on Saturday, June 23 into 2 2 bedroom units in Phase 4. We called about a month before, and again a week before, requesting that our units be close to each other. We were told, not a problem, we will make sure that happens. When we checked in at 10:30 AM, the first GREAT thing happened..one of our rooms was ready. KUDOS to the Poly for that. But, it went downhill from there. They told us we could either wait for the possibility of getting the unit next to us (same floor, right next door), or possibly get the unit right below us (same building, one floor below). We said we would prefer right next to us, but we will take one floor below. We came back around 4:30 and found out they gave us a unit one floor below, but in a different section of the building, so it was actually NOT right below us. Not a huge deal IF they had not promised us the rooms close to each other. But, since they DID promise that both times we called, and then again when we checked in, it was quite an annoyance. Then, to add fuel to our fire, we talked to the person in charge of the rooms, Shanna or something like that (she sits in the back room), she told us that we would NEVER had gotten two rooms next to each other because Diamond resorts does not own 2 rooms next to each other in the entire resort, and as we traded in via Diamond resorts, we would never be able to get 2 rooms next to each other. Hard to believe you say? Well, we agree with you! Not only does her story seem fishy, but it also makes it clear that either she was lying to us, or the person we called the month and week before was (Randy). What do YOU think? Also, we asked that she have Scott, her manager call us, and as of today, Wednesday, he has not called.
So, in summary...will I ever stay here again? NO WAY! Would I recommend this place? NO WAY. Stay away! There are MANY, MANY timeshares and hotels in Orlando, why choose a place like this when you could do so much better!

Room Tip: DO NOT stay here!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Public Relations Manager at Polynesian Isles Resort, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Management appreciates your comments and would like to let you know that unfortunately, there are two separate entities at working at the resort. SPM Resorts manages the timeshare associations and handles the room assignments, and Diamond Resorts handles the check-in desk. The reservation policy has always been that at no time do we guarantee room assignments; however, we do everything we can to accommodate all requests. If an employee from Diamond gives this guarantee we are not made aware of it, and for that, we apologize.
Since we are set up more as villas/condos and not a typical hotel, we do provide each guest a complimentary starter kit that includes some basics to use in the unit before you can go shopping, such as coffee with sugar and creamer, laundry detergent, lotion, soap, toilet tissue and similar items. If guests need additional items, they may be purchased from our front desk, but we do encourage our guests to either bring some of these items with them, or visit one of our nearby drugstores or grocery stores. We appreciate your review and hope this information helps future travelers.
Erie, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We have stayed at this resort twice so far and will be back in Dec. for 2 weeks. We belong to a vacation club and this is one of 5 or 6 properties we have access too in the Kissimmee area and as long as a unit is available, this will be our first choice everytime. It is in a very good location for WDW as well as other Orlando attractions.
The property is gated and has 24hr security. The landscaping is nice and it is shady. We always go during the winter but the property seems quiet.
You share a washer/dryer with the unit next door but thats never been an issue. The units are non-smoking, but if you smoke you can do it on the screened in patio. The units aren't the largest out there but your not on vacation to stay cooped up in your condo. The bathrooms however, are huge. The unit is equiped like other condos, everything you need but nothing extra. You don't get maid service daily, but thats normal for condos. We did find a cockroach once, but guess what? WE'RE IN FLORIDA, and there are bugs in Florida.
The beds are pretty decent, but on the hard side. As others have mentioned the TVs are older, but again, I am not on vacation to sit around watching TV, besides they could change the TVs at anytime.
As others have said, when you check in they have you go to a desk on the other side of the lobby, I forgot what they called it, but they make it sound like part of the check in procedure, however its really just to try to get you to sign up here a time share sales pitch. Ok heres the secret, you just say no, they make you a better offer, say no again, the make another offer, say no again, you do not have to pay the $20, just be polite but firm and refuse. They might call your unit a couples times while your there to see if you change your mind, but usually you won't be there so they just leave a voice mail that you don't return, no big deal.

If we don't stay at a WDW resort during our visits this will always be our first choice.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Fantastic place for couples or family. Quality upgrades made to kitchens and bathrooms.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Alva Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Overall hotel and amenities were ok. BUT, when we arrived the receptionist that checked us in informed us that there was a welcome package for us at the opposite counter. Did we receive a welcome package? No, just a sales pitch,we were informed of the breakfast and 90 minute discussion on the time share opportunities. And what was the cost to obtain the $50.00 bonus besides our valuable vacation time? Us giving them $20.00. When I asked them if this would be refunded if we did not participate I was assured it would be. On Wednesday I informed them in person that we would not be attending their presentation the next day. I was asked if they gave me $100.00 would I attend? I again said no, and requested the refund of the money that was taken from my account two days prior. They processed the refund and gave me a receipt. Two days later no refund appeared on my account. Again, I spoke to them and they said give it another day. Day three no refund, day four no refund and I was now told that It was the weekend and I was not getting the refund. The supervisor I spoke to said" give me your card and we will charge an additional $20.00 and then give you a refund in cash!

Just a run around, four visits to the front desk waiting to talk to people who could not accomplish anything but providing excuses, poor way to run a business!

Stay away, far away from this place unless you enjoy wasting valuable time on your vacation. Far from magical.

Room Tip: Stay to the West, about three miles away
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Polynesian Isles Resort? Share your experiences!