I am not pickey about hotels when I go to Disney area because I am at the parks all day. So I'm not at the hotel much anyway. However in March the parks close earlier & unfortunately I was at the hotel much more this time. This is the first time I booked a hotel through a travel agent & wish I hadn't! The only reason I did not rate this hotel as terrible was because the staff was quite friendly & did try to be helpful. Also the pool temp was great! The photos in previous review do not exagerate. My room also had open hole in the shower surround & missing grab bar. the toilet ran most of the time, the light in the bathroom was broken. So the door had to stay open when you were in there. The light by my bed started smoking when I turned it on. The next day the light in the bathroom got fixed, but the only thing done with the light by my bed was that the lightbulb was changed. this clearly did not fix the problem. As I had reported, this was a major safety hazard. the person sent to fix the problem was not a true maint. person & in fact I ended up having to explain what needed to be done to resolve the fire safety hazard. The man did not have the ability to fix it & the only solution available was to unplug the light ( which the maint. person did not even realize was possible until I pointed it out). The sheets were too small for the bed although they were clean. the bedspreads, however were not, including cicarette burns (this was a nonsmoking room). Breakfast was coffee, juice, & packaged honeybuns or cereal bars. The pool was in the parking lot. On the positive side, the staff was friendly. Even the maint. person, although not qualified, was clearly trying his best. the pool, although in the parking lot was almost as warm as a bath. The weather was quite chilly & I have never been in a pool as warm as this one was! It was so well appreciated & I have told many about it. The pool area was clean. Clearly it is the only saving grace for this hotel. Although this hotel was budget priced, so are MANY hotels in this area & I would have expected to spend about 1/2 of what I paid for this hotel. Had I been in the area for more than 3 nights I would have changed hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lovely 98 room hotel with free shuttle service to Disney World, Sea World, and Universal Studios. Free wireless internet, free breakfast every morning, free micro and fridge in every room. The best value hotel in the Orlando/Kissimmee area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, getaroom.com, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Maingate Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge Maingate Central Hotel Kissimmee
- Econolodge Maingate Central
- Econo Lodge Kissimmee
- Kissimmee Econo Lodge