“I look forward to going back” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #118 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
Orlando, Florida
“I look forward to going back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

This hotel was very, very comfortable and clean. All appliances worked properly and there were plenty of clean towels and washcloths in the room. It smelled pleasant and the staff was courteous. The continental breakfast leaves a bit to be desired but there it a plethera of options available in close proximity for a good meal anytime of day.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Ormond Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stayed here on Friday night....ugh. The bathroom floor was filthy, couldn't get the shower to turn on normally until we were told by reception to pull the handle really hard. Tile floor inside the room by the front door looked like it hadn't been mopped in months, similar to the bathroom. Doors were filthy and hadn't been wiped in forever. Chalking smeared all over the tub and tub walls. Small broom and a dust rag left on the floor inside the room, so I guess they do SOME cleaning! Woke up several times during the night from noise in the surrounding rooms. Not on our list of future places to stay. On the other hand, the staff was pleasant

Room Tip: We stayed here on Friday night....ugh. The bathroom floor was filthy, couldn't get the shower to...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

It was a nice stay but if you have time and money to stay elsewhere do so. The place was clean. It had been recently painted and the painters were definitely not professionals. There was paint on the tops of drapes, on the handrails in the bathroom and there were some spots that were missed completely. Unfortunately, the maid service was not the best. We left something on the floor on purpose to see if the room was being swept or vacuumed daily, but it was not! The staff was nice and helpful. The free breakfast was exactly "what you pay for is what you get!"

Room Tip: no restaurant or fitness center
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Bogota, Colombia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

First, in my opinion, this hotel is dishonest. They advertise one price, but then when you show up they try to charge you a "resort fee." First, that is unethical, and second, how can you charge a resort fee if you are not a resort? Anyway, the front desk staff was pleasant enough, friendly. The facilities are VERY dated. Everything looks 1970's era. For the first time in my life, I have seen a hotel in the USA that does not have a bathtub, just a shower stall. There was a hole in the wall. It was creepy, because it was opposite the beds. The walls were dirty. The TV had a hole in it, like it was used as a weapon in a fight.
Still, they call themselves a resort.
They offered a breakfast, but it is a waffle iron, some little powdered dougnuts and some other breads. The tiny lobby was very crowded with people trying to eat. I decided to skip the hassle and go down the street. If they try to say this is what the "resort fee" is for, then that would be a bad joke.

Room Tip: Try the place next door.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I've stayed here twice and will use again , I don't know why this motel gets bad reviews iv traveled all over florida and iv stayed in some bad motels but this one is one of the best budget motels for the money , its clean and rooms are a nice size and yes I have used the heated pool there , very nice motel

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

My fiancé and I were initially reluctant to come to the Econo Lodge, after reading quite a few disappointing reviews, some of which were highly concerning. We did, however, go ahead with the reservation, as it seemed to be the only option at the time. When we entered our room, we were pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean, and so was the bathroom. We had a mini fridge and a microwave, which came in very handy, a good sized TV, and high speed free internet. All for $25/night plus hotel fees. We will definitely come back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Stavanger, Norway
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We chose this hotel as it seemd to be located fairly close to Disney. Price was quite cheap, and pictures looked OK. We were not looking for luxury, but I do expect a clean and decent room.

The presentation pictures were obviously taken when the place was new, now X years down the road, the whole place appears shabby and dodgy. Our non-smoking room reaked of smoke, and did not seem clean AT ALL. Our room had a wall-to-wall carpet that looked very suspicious. They probably routinely vacuumed the carpet, and quickly mopped the bathroom, but it has definately been cleaned properly in ages. The sheets seemd clean, but the brown blanket they put on top smelled like old sweat and smoke. Sofa and carpet had stains, door was full of hundreds of touch-marks from beeing used (and not cleaned) for a long time. It even had what seems to be ketchup stains. We booked for four persons, but only one bed was made. The second one we had to look for bedding in a drawer - and make it ourselfs.

Furthermore, when I booked the hotel online it was fully paid for and "all taxes and fees included." When I checked out they did charge me an extra 28$ for "amenities fee," for the wifi etc. "we clearly stated this on the contract you signed when checking in" they say. Sure, but not when I booked the room.

The "frosting" on our stay was when I woke up the last night with my left arm full of FLEA bites...
Nasty!

I did talk to the front desk about my concerns, but I got quickly rejected with "I should have said something before" and "we do not allow pets, so we dont have any fleas." Great. My main concern was to get as far away from this dump as possible so I left.

When I came home I wrote an e-mail to the hotel, at least to see if the manager would do anything to adress the issues. I got a incredibly RUDE email back from the manager, basicly stating that I am lying on all counts.

I do NOT recomend ANYONE to stay at this place!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Maingate Central? Share your experiences!