I recently stayed at the Econo lodge maingate central in Kissimmee florida and I have to say that place is a rat hole! Its in a crapy part of town surrounded by a bunch of crack motels. The website said there were resturaunts and shopping near by. When I arrived I saw no resturaunts and no shopping, except for the Nike outlet store, dollar tree, and the shell station next door. I asked about the resturaunts and I was told there was a wafful house a few lights down and the rest are about 1 mile or more away. After a long and painful check in I went to my room only to find probably the crappyest most out of date room I ever saw. (and this was after the website said it was renovated) but no worrys I can let things go. The thing that got got me was the lack of housekeeping and maitnence. There were hairs all over the tub, trash under the bed, and no towels. I called the front desk and asked the front desk clerk who made it sound like she was doing me a favor by taking care of these problems. I was moved to another room and it was a little better(not much mind you) there were still no towels, This time when I called I spoke to a guy and he told me I had to come down to the lobby to get the towels because there were no one else to bring them to my room, so once again I had to go to the lobby. When I got there there were about 4 other guests just screaming at him about the same problems I had( bad housekeeping) by the time I got to the counter he looked like he was ready to pull his hair out. I got my towels and went back up stairs, ever thing was great until I woke up in the middle of the night to a roach crawling on my cheek I turned on the light and saw about 10 of them running for cover. I called the desk and was told there were nothing that could be done about it tonight and he would request maitnence to take care of it first thing in the morning or I could check out. I stayed but I couldn't sleep the whole night. In the morning I went down to breakfast and was very dissapointed, bagles, honeybuns, bannanas, and coffiee. I know it was just a continental breakfast but it was nothing like it said on the internet. The cofiee was great thoe. I decided to take my room issues to the front desk and was told by the very rude blond girl “were taking care of that” My family and I went to the parks and had a great day at Disney, only to come back and see the dirty towels lying on the floor where we left them, the beds not made up and the trash still in the room along with the roaches still running around the room. I called the front desk and demanded to speak with the manager. She took the phone and I told her the problem, but keeping up with the rest of the staff she did nothing. Within 20 minuts of hanging up the phone We were packed up and checked out by the night guy. If I had a dollar for everytime he apologised it would have paid for the room itself. Take my advice people DONT STAY HERE!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lovely 98 room hotel with free shuttle service to Disney World, Sea World, and Universal Studios. Free wireless internet, free breakfast every morning, free micro and fridge in every room. The best value hotel in the Orlando/Kissimmee area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Choice Hotels, Agoda, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Maingate Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge Maingate Central Hotel Kissimmee
- Econolodge Maingate Central
- Econo Lodge Kissimmee
- Kissimmee Econo Lodge