“Ok hotel for the price.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #127 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
Norwalk
“Ok hotel for the price.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2007

Me and my family just got back from a week in Florida, we stayed our first 2 nights at this hotel and were pretty satisfied since it was pretty cheap. I do have to warn people that the buffet is not what it is made out to be, we would not send our dogs or our worse enemy to eat there!!! They were all out of eggs and didn't bother bringing more out, the sausage was cold, they had gravy and no biscuits, no bacon, 2 pancakes that looked like they had been there a while. The only thing me and my husband ate were some potato wedge things and toast, and my kids had cereal because I wouldn't let them eat anything else...The next morning we ate at IHOP down the street, much better!! Otherwise the staff was fine, room was clean, only complaints are the buffet and the beds were not the most comfortable of course!!

• Liked — price, location
  • Disliked — beds, buffet breakfast
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2007

photo's of jaccuquizze room are misleading
not as nice as pic on website.
there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom.
I fell on wet walkway with no wet water sign
I told office they offered to call paramedics
but I said I didn't need it at the time.
and never chec ked on me on my fall after that.
asked for a pillow in the lobby
and they gave me a dirty pillow with candy smeared on it!
I did call and complain when I returned home from my trip
and I received a complimentary free two days one night voucher to use in the future.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2007

I have no complainings about HJ Enchanted Land. The pool is great and the jacuzzi is always a good choice. The service was OK as well, and the rooms seemed to be really clean. I just don´t get what else people expect from an INN. Ah, by the way, the hotel looks just like the pictures shown and it´s location is great. There´s a Nike Factory store pretty colse to it and right by the hotel you can find taco bell, pizza hut and arbys. Plus, there are public buses (in case if u don´t like the hotel's bus hours) to all parks, either disney´s, universal´s, sea world, etc. (the front desk can provide u a shcedule with all buses' times)

Stayed May 2007
new jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2007

I went there with my family, May 18-25 2007 and it was not at all like the pictures are. The rooms had problems with the dressers the key didn't work right and in one of the rooms we found bugs. the service and people where nice but the hotel needs lots of work to be done to it. the pool had bugs in it all the time and if you like indian food that is what they serve. not for anything with indian food but not with all the spiceness and the smell of those spices. they need to paint it up and it felt like it was one of the cheap motels here in new jersey. i would not stay there again, not going to be cheap about where to stay. i rather dish out the extra mony and get a good hotel then stay here again.

• Liked — that they got me in the room fast
  • Disliked — the cleanlyness of the rooms
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jacksonville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2007

I do NOT recommend this hotel. My son and I stayed there and it was nothing like the picture. The room needed a lot of work, such a paint and new carpet. There were dark smudges all over the place and there were huge bleached out spots on the carpet. The only positive thing I can say about this place is that the room was clean. The beds were terrible and I woke up in pain because the bed was so bad. The worst part was that someone was smoking an illegal substance and the hotel staff did nothing about it when I brought it to their attention; we could smell it again the next morning. There were loud people outside our room for most of the night. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Save your money and go somewhere better!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
ATLANTA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2007

I stayed in this hotel March 15-20 2007 and I will not be returning. My family booked the Crayola Room which I must say is a waste of money. The room smelled musty, the beds were not comfortable, and the rooms were not very clean. I asked the housekeeper to clean our bathroom as we left the first day and came back and saw that she had left an envelope saying "I cleaned your bath you can leave tips in here". Also the breakfast buffet is a rip off. It does not include the drinks which are a dollar each even for my kids a cup of apple juice. Also our total came up to 17.98 and my husband gave a hundred dollar bill to the staff she came back and gave him two dollars and when he asked for the rest of his change she got very rude and said "your going to wait for two pennies" she said she didn't realize he gave her a hundred dollar bill. I will NEVER EVER return to this hotel.

• Liked — LOCATION
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING ELSE
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
york, sc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2007

Let me tell you first off that next time we are in Disney, we will not be pinching pennies and will stay in a much better place, preferably a Disney resort. Our stay at this Ho Jo was not the best. The rooms were smelly and dirty. The beds were NOT comfortable at all. It seemed like when my husband and I slept in the full sized bed, we both ended up in a hole in the middle. We were in the tree house room the first night - the treehouse was not too bad - my son enjoyed it. The second and last nites we were there, we stayed in the Crayola room - major waste of money! My boy went to use the easel and the bottom of it fell out. It was broken! Oh, our key card would not work for our room. After the clerk reprogrammed the card three times it still would not work. My husband finally got ticked off and got him to come to our room directly and open it with a key. Turned out the battery in the door lock was dead - it was replaced the next day. The pool was okay but if you go in it at night, do not expect to get a towel. They run out quickly. It was a cheap place, needs major updating. The breakfast buffet is a rip off. My husband asked for orange juice and he got Sunny Delight which has no juice in it whatsoever, plus it did not come in the cost of the crappy buffet. And don't succomb to the wheeler dealer in the lobby trying to get you to visit time shares for discounted disney tickets. Don't waste your time, you are on vacation and you have precious few time to spend on it! Oh, I forgot to mention the big wolf spider that surprised me in the bathroom the day we left. Freaked me out! I asked my husband where it could have possibly come from and he said probably under the front door which had a big gap. What other critters could have come in??? Since I have left I have a boil in my hair line on the back of my neck - I am hoping this was not caused by anything at this hotel like bed bugs. UGH!

Stayed March 2007

Been to Howard Johnson Enchanted Land Hotel? Share your experiences!