“Not what it used to be! Never again!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Tropical Palms Resort and Campground

You added Tropical Palms Resort and Campground to your Saves list
Tropical Palms Resort and Campground
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   2650 Holiday Trail, Kissimmee, FL 34746 (Formerly Tropical Palms FunResort)   |
Ranked #45 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
“Not what it used to be! Never again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This used to be the best place to stay in this area, not anymore! I have stayed here 3 times before this stay! I had trouble checking in...the young lady at the front has no understanding...luckily, a young man rescued me...next, out cabin had mold on the outside back door area & was about half the size of pervious stays! The is NO wireless internet, despite what the ad on-line says!! When I called the front to report this, I was told "there's nothing we can do since it's and outside company" & "it always does that when we are busy!"...again, NO internet!!! And it IS advertised when booking "free wi-fi"!! We also had an "ant invasion" & I don't mean Adam Ant!! Woke up to hundreds of tiny black ants swarming some popcorn I left on the counter in a cover container, but obviously not air-tight...however, this should not bring an infestation!! I find this very sad, as I used to look forward to staying here...and worse, I still have another week to go here!

Stayed October 2013
TropicalPalmsGSM, Front Office Manager at Tropical Palms Resort and Campground, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond open and honestly regarding your experience while visiting our property. First I would like to apologize for the unfavorable response you recieved when dealing with our Front Desk personnel. The wi-fi is very tempermental from time to time here on our property. I do apologize for this. Management is actively seeking solutions to the issues we experience from time to time with the wi-fi. Maintenance works Very hard to keep and maintain our cottages in habital conditions. It is unfortunate that you experienced mold on the back door to your cottage. I assure you this is not the norm. The ants you experienced are indigenious to this climate and we work hard at treating the units to control the ant population.

Thank you for letting us know of your experience. This type of response helps us to deliver better service to our guests.

Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Plant City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We live in Tampa and take our camper to Tropical Palms fairly often just to get away. The campground is very clean and quiet. The camper pads are large and not crammed together, with full hookups. We have never had a problem with noise at night. The staff have always been helpful and pleasant. There is a very nice large pool and a smaller wading pool for the little ones with lots of activities for the kids and a water slide for $5.00 all day use.For September they are having hay rides and a haunted house for the kids free of charge. The poolside cafe has a great breakfast for $5.99 and serves lunch as well. The campground is very close to grocery stores and lots of places close to eat out. I have not stayed in the cottages, but the campground is more than ok especially being in such a busy area of Buena Vista. It' not like being in the woods but for a "city" campground, it's fine. (wish they had some more larger trees, especially in the hot summertime).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your personal and honest review regarding our property and you recent visit. We here at Tropical Palms Resort sincerely value each and every guest who stay at our resort. We are pleased you had such a pleasent experience. The Tropical Palms Resort work very hard at providing superior conditions, amenities and service. We look forward to serving you on your next stay here at Tropical Palms Resort.

Fort Pierce, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Tropical Palms used to me our "go to" when in Orlando but no longer! Rented two cottages and one was full of mold, mildew and cockroaches. Had to move and we weren't the only ones to move! Our last night there, we had been gone all day and came back to food and some sort of varmint poop everywhere including our luggage! It was 10 at night so we just said heck with it cleaned what we could and went to bed. When we checked out the next morning and told the staff what had happened all we got was a "why didn't you report it then" in a very snotty tone and we were pretty much dismissed after that...will not be returning ever again. Its a shame because it used to be a really nice, friendly place. Bought out by a larger company and its gone downhill very quickly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Maam, first i would like to apologize for your unpleasant experience during your recent stay at our resort. While I can not control certain things I do know without a doubt that we at Tropical Palms Resort do strive to provide a superior guest experience. The conditions you experienced in your cottage is not the norm for the resort. The apparent "Snotty tone" you experienced while checking out is unacceptable and i offer my apologizies as well. I noticed you stated Tropical Palms used to be your go to place while in Orlando. I would like for you to give Tropical Palms Resort another chance to earn your trust and admiration.

Please feel free to contact a member of our management staff when you decide to re-visit our Resort.

Tampa, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were to spend the weekend with my niece and and daughter at Disney for the weekend.. Great news they had to cancel... My great niece got a new kidney! We decided to go and enjoy the weekend anyway.. My daughter has 2 dogs and I found this place on bring fido.. It was close to where my nieces were going to stay at the Give the Kids the World village.. The park was very well maintained, cottage much bigger than I thought... The only negative I could possible say is the need to spray for fleas after people with dogs stay...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
TropicalPalmsGSM, Front Office Manager at Tropical Palms Resort and Campground, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Tropical would like to thank you for your current review of our property during your stay. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your time and our resort. We do apologize if you encountered fleas in one of our pet friendly cottages. Tropical palms take great care in maintaining our cottages to the satisfaction of the guests. Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to servicing you in the future.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This place is huge! Over 300 RV sites. Awesome amenities and activities over Labor Day Weekend. We will be staying at Tropical Palms quite a bit over the next year. Very close and convenient to 192 and old town Kissimmee as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Tropical Palms Resort has the luxury of being situated in close proximity to all of the major attractions the Orlando/Kissimmee/Lake Buena Vista areas have to offer. We truly appreciate your continued business. We also would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. Thank You very much and we look forward to servicing you in the future.

Lakeland, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My family and I camped at the Tropical Palms resort in August. If you are going to camp here make sure you bring some ear muffs to wear when you go to sleep. On one of the nights we camped here, the resort held a sweet 16 party in their banquet hall. All of the guests attending the function park their cars in any empty camp site, regardless if there is a tent right next to their car door. Beware, when the event was over, close to midnight, there were approximetely 30 vehicles slamming doors, turning on engines, headlights glaring into our tent, and lets not even mention all of the drunk party goers making annoying comments such as "Hey guys there are people camping in here, lets join them", "open the door, let me in". Do yourself a favor, instead of camping here just go pop a tent in a Wal-Mart parking lot. What makes matters worse is there lack of Customer service. I left messages and emails to the general manager and 3 weeks after my stay have yet to get a call back or email reply.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TropicalPalmsGSM, Front Office Manager at Tropical Palms Resort and Campground, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Sir, in response to your "Camping in a Parking lot" review I would like to say that we apoligize for your brief unpleasant experience. You eluded to wearing "Ear Muffs" to reduce the noise. Sir this is an isolated incident directly related to the "Sweet 16" party that took place on our property during your stay. Loud disturbing noises and people are not the norm but quite the contrary. The majority of our guest rave about the environment here as it is quiet and serene. We do apologize for your having to endure that particular event. We do have Security on premises and do try and monitor and control the events. We can not possibly control each and every individual visiting our property. If you have only been here once I challenge you to return and experience our resort again. I think you will find it as most guest describe it Quiet and serene.

Thank You.
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed for a few nights here.
Nice and quiet campground.
The cottage floors are not so clean.
And the bedroom little .
Sheets not so clean.
Shower verry little and crampy.
Cottage is old.
But we liked our stay.
Sitting on the porch in the morning and evening .We should not return to this place
but for this stay it was okay

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Tropical Palms Resort and Campground? Share your experiences!