“Give the kids the world weekend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tropical Palms Resort and Campground

You added Tropical Palms Resort and Campground to your Saves list
Tropical Palms Resort and Campground
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   2650 Holiday Trail, Kissimmee, FL 34746 (Formerly Tropical Palms FunResort)   |
Ranked #45 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Tampa, FL
“Give the kids the world weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were to spend the weekend with my niece and and daughter at Disney for the weekend.. Great news they had to cancel... My great niece got a new kidney! We decided to go and enjoy the weekend anyway.. My daughter has 2 dogs and I found this place on bring fido.. It was close to where my nieces were going to stay at the Give the Kids the World village.. The park was very well maintained, cottage much bigger than I thought... The only negative I could possible say is the need to spray for fleas after people with dogs stay...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
TropicalPalmsGSM, Front Office Manager at Tropical Palms Resort and Campground, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Tropical would like to thank you for your current review of our property during your stay. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your time and our resort. We do apologize if you encountered fleas in one of our pet friendly cottages. Tropical palms take great care in maintaining our cottages to the satisfaction of the guests. Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to servicing you in the future.

Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This place is huge! Over 300 RV sites. Awesome amenities and activities over Labor Day Weekend. We will be staying at Tropical Palms quite a bit over the next year. Very close and convenient to 192 and old town Kissimmee as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Tropical Palms Resort has the luxury of being situated in close proximity to all of the major attractions the Orlando/Kissimmee/Lake Buena Vista areas have to offer. We truly appreciate your continued business. We also would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. Thank You very much and we look forward to servicing you in the future.

Lakeland, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My family and I camped at the Tropical Palms resort in August. If you are going to camp here make sure you bring some ear muffs to wear when you go to sleep. On one of the nights we camped here, the resort held a sweet 16 party in their banquet hall. All of the guests attending the function park their cars in any empty camp site, regardless if there is a tent right next to their car door. Beware, when the event was over, close to midnight, there were approximetely 30 vehicles slamming doors, turning on engines, headlights glaring into our tent, and lets not even mention all of the drunk party goers making annoying comments such as "Hey guys there are people camping in here, lets join them", "open the door, let me in". Do yourself a favor, instead of camping here just go pop a tent in a Wal-Mart parking lot. What makes matters worse is there lack of Customer service. I left messages and emails to the general manager and 3 weeks after my stay have yet to get a call back or email reply.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TropicalPalmsGSM, Front Office Manager at Tropical Palms Resort and Campground, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Sir, in response to your "Camping in a Parking lot" review I would like to say that we apoligize for your brief unpleasant experience. You eluded to wearing "Ear Muffs" to reduce the noise. Sir this is an isolated incident directly related to the "Sweet 16" party that took place on our property during your stay. Loud disturbing noises and people are not the norm but quite the contrary. The majority of our guest rave about the environment here as it is quiet and serene. We do apologize for your having to endure that particular event. We do have Security on premises and do try and monitor and control the events. We can not possibly control each and every individual visiting our property. If you have only been here once I challenge you to return and experience our resort again. I think you will find it as most guest describe it Quiet and serene.

Thank You.
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed for a few nights here.
Nice and quiet campground.
The cottage floors are not so clean.
And the bedroom little .
Sheets not so clean.
Shower verry little and crampy.
Cottage is old.
But we liked our stay.
Sitting on the porch in the morning and evening .We should not return to this place
but for this stay it was okay

Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I accidently left my hotspot device in the unit we stayed in (The resort WIFI had been out for hours and I needed to use my laptop). When I realised I left it behind we drove back to the resort to get it (the room was still unrented). I assumed since housekeeping did not "find" it when cleaning the unit - it would still be in the spot i left it. The manager brought us over to the unit (they had just rented it out) to get it. We all arrived to the unit within minutes of each other. -the new occupants had not even brought in their luggage. I fully expected to see the device in the cabinet on the shelf - It was not there. Since the new renters had literally just arrived we went over to housekeeping - they must have found it -NOT. Their weekend manager Charles doesn't work today - so he didn't follow up. Their GM never bothered to call me back. This on top of the other issues we had over the weekend prompted me to write a negative report. Beware. We were loyal customers - we have stayed there on and off for over nine years

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Maam, Tropical Palms Resort would like to apologize for your loss. Management here at the resort did accompany and assist you in looking for your device exactly as yo uindicated in your review. To both our disappointment we were unable to find the device. I would like to take this time to apologize for someone from management not getting back to you. As stated i really do not know what happened to your device. Tropical Palms values each and every guest and would like the opportunity ro regain your trust. Please feel free to contact the Management Staff at Tropical Palms to discuss any and all future stays at our resort.

Staffordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

well I stayed here on vacation and what a nice place it was it was like a home from home.

Lovely landscaping and a nice mix of owner occupiers and renters like me.
the staff could not be more attentive to you always asking if everything was ok and if not they were round like a shot.
we had a faulty external door light I was going to replace the bulb myself from there shop but they would have no of it by the time I got back to our rental it had already been done.

Again this was a great place for a relaxing vacation well worth the money set far enough back from the 192 no traffic noise no noise at all except for the local wildlife.

Recommended to all.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
greenwood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Made last minute reservations for Spring Break because it was raining in Destin, Fl. My goodness we ended up loving our little Pink & Blue houses. The little houses we stayed in were wonderful and kept very clean & amazing mattresses. A decent price for last minute reservations. Great pool and great landscaping around the campground. Will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Tropical Palms Resort and Campground? Share your experiences!