“Camping in a parking lot.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Tropical Palms Resort and Campground

You added Tropical Palms Resort and Campground to your Saves list
Tropical Palms Resort and Campground
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   2650 Holiday Trail, Kissimmee, FL 34746 (Formerly Tropical Palms FunResort)   |
Ranked #45 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Lakeland, Florida
“Camping in a parking lot.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My family and I camped at the Tropical Palms resort in August. If you are going to camp here make sure you bring some ear muffs to wear when you go to sleep. On one of the nights we camped here, the resort held a sweet 16 party in their banquet hall. All of the guests attending the function park their cars in any empty camp site, regardless if there is a tent right next to their car door. Beware, when the event was over, close to midnight, there were approximetely 30 vehicles slamming doors, turning on engines, headlights glaring into our tent, and lets not even mention all of the drunk party goers making annoying comments such as "Hey guys there are people camping in here, lets join them", "open the door, let me in". Do yourself a favor, instead of camping here just go pop a tent in a Wal-Mart parking lot. What makes matters worse is there lack of Customer service. I left messages and emails to the general manager and 3 weeks after my stay have yet to get a call back or email reply.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TropicalPalmsGSM, Front Office Manager at Tropical Palms Resort and Campground, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Sir, in response to your "Camping in a Parking lot" review I would like to say that we apoligize for your brief unpleasant experience. You eluded to wearing "Ear Muffs" to reduce the noise. Sir this is an isolated incident directly related to the "Sweet 16" party that took place on our property during your stay. Loud disturbing noises and people are not the norm but quite the contrary. The majority of our guest rave about the environment here as it is quiet and serene. We do apologize for your having to endure that particular event. We do have Security on premises and do try and monitor and control the events. We can not possibly control each and every individual visiting our property. If you have only been here once I challenge you to return and experience our resort again. I think you will find it as most guest describe it Quiet and serene.

Thank You.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed for a few nights here.
Nice and quiet campground.
The cottage floors are not so clean.
And the bedroom little .
Sheets not so clean.
Shower verry little and crampy.
Cottage is old.
But we liked our stay.
Sitting on the porch in the morning and evening .We should not return to this place
but for this stay it was okay

Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I accidently left my hotspot device in the unit we stayed in (The resort WIFI had been out for hours and I needed to use my laptop). When I realised I left it behind we drove back to the resort to get it (the room was still unrented). I assumed since housekeeping did not "find" it when cleaning the unit - it would still be in the spot i left it. The manager brought us over to the unit (they had just rented it out) to get it. We all arrived to the unit within minutes of each other. -the new occupants had not even brought in their luggage. I fully expected to see the device in the cabinet on the shelf - It was not there. Since the new renters had literally just arrived we went over to housekeeping - they must have found it -NOT. Their weekend manager Charles doesn't work today - so he didn't follow up. Their GM never bothered to call me back. This on top of the other issues we had over the weekend prompted me to write a negative report. Beware. We were loyal customers - we have stayed there on and off for over nine years

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Maam, Tropical Palms Resort would like to apologize for your loss. Management here at the resort did accompany and assist you in looking for your device exactly as yo uindicated in your review. To both our disappointment we were unable to find the device. I would like to take this time to apologize for someone from management not getting back to you. As stated i really do not know what happened to your device. Tropical Palms values each and every guest and would like the opportunity ro regain your trust. Please feel free to contact the Management Staff at Tropical Palms to discuss any and all future stays at our resort.

Thank you.
Staffordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

well I stayed here on vacation and what a nice place it was it was like a home from home.

Lovely landscaping and a nice mix of owner occupiers and renters like me.
the staff could not be more attentive to you always asking if everything was ok and if not they were round like a shot.
we had a faulty external door light I was going to replace the bulb myself from there shop but they would have no of it by the time I got back to our rental it had already been done.

Again this was a great place for a relaxing vacation well worth the money set far enough back from the 192 no traffic noise no noise at all except for the local wildlife.

Recommended to all.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
greenwood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Made last minute reservations for Spring Break because it was raining in Destin, Fl. My goodness we ended up loving our little Pink & Blue houses. The little houses we stayed in were wonderful and kept very clean & amazing mattresses. A decent price for last minute reservations. Great pool and great landscaping around the campground. Will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

My hubby and I frequent Old Town alot, which is a carnival meets small town shopping area with a car show every Friday and Saturday night.

Tropical Palms is within walking distance so for a mini trip away from the kids we decided to venture there

Upon our arrival we were told (via signage) to stop and check in...thing is that stopping point is right in the middle of the road...seemed a little unorganized.
When we entered the lobby there was what looked like bums sitting around but I chalked it up to this being a camping resort so maybe that's just the outdoorsy looking type yet when they walked out and down the street away from the resort I figured my guess was right.
The guy who checked us in was friendly and told us that our cottage would be ready in an hour and a half , the thing is that check in was at 3:00 and we were there at 230 to see about early check in so with that being said the 3:00 check in was not the case. We went out for a late lunch and wasted some time. Before we left the friendly guy did all the check in paperwork and told us what room number we had.
Before lunch we did a quick drive through , place seemed quaint and very family friendly , with games and water slides and the pool was packed ...we were getting excited.
After lunch we came back, got the key and were off to our room.
Upon check in we noticed that there were many vacant places around us making us wonder why we had to wait for this one. The cottage was an old mini trailer, the "not what we expected part". It had a small radio built into the walls with speakers which was a nice. There were a few wasps in the corner that the hubby killed. Overall we were just sleeping there so we weren't gonna make a big deal out of it but I did tell the front desk about the wasps and they offered us a can of wasp spray.....
We got ready and walked to Old Town. We came back about midnight, still noticing many vacant cottages, to the customers of a cottage across from us drinking and partying which later escalated to a huge argument with chairs being thrown, at that point it was 3 am and morning was coming soon.
When we checked out we told the lady who helped us and she said that she had already been informed from another nearby cottage about what happened. I wasn't looking for money off my stay but an apology would have been nice considering she did say that security drove by and said that it was a "quiet night"....anyway to finalize this story....apologies go far , so does empathy and again why did we have to wait past the check in time for that cottage, when there were so many vacant??????

I wouldn't say avoid this place but don't have high expectations .....

• Stayed June 2013
arya29
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed here for the first 3 days of our 10 day Florida vacation. When we first walked to our "platinum" villa we noticed the deck was worn and warped, didn't look safe to walk on. We entered through a bedroom the size of a closet, very tiny, smaller than bedrooms on a cruiseship. maybe a few inches to walk on the side of the bed. The couch in living areas was torn in 3 different places. when my daughter went to bathe the shower door fell on her! They did send people to fix it when I called, but come on, really, falling on a 5 year old???? should they not have checked this before? they are lucky I am not the lawsuit type. First day we arrived pool was closed due to some pool repair. really??? and I mean ALL day closed! when I called to complain no apologies given. The mini golf was just a hot mess. Basically all torn up and most filled with dirty rain water, no drainage system in place for the golf. And there are NO activites for kids like they advertise. We went to Orange lake resort for the remainder of our stay , which was like paradise. Tropical palms should be tropical nightmare.

Room Tip: don't stay here