“Horrible dated motel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Tropical Palms Resort and Campground

Save Saved
You added Tropical Palms Resort and Campground to your Saves list
Tropical Palms Resort and Campground
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   2650 Holiday Trail, Kissimmee, FL 34746 (Formerly Tropical Palms FunResort)   |
Ranked #46 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
arya29
“Horrible dated motel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed here for the first 3 days of our 10 day Florida vacation. When we first walked to our "platinum" villa we noticed the deck was worn and warped, didn't look safe to walk on. We entered through a bedroom the size of a closet, very tiny, smaller than bedrooms on a cruiseship. maybe a few inches to walk on the side of the bed. The couch in living areas was torn in 3 different places. when my daughter went to bathe the shower door fell on her! They did send people to fix it when I called, but come on, really, falling on a 5 year old???? should they not have checked this before? they are lucky I am not the lawsuit type. First day we arrived pool was closed due to some pool repair. really??? and I mean ALL day closed! when I called to complain no apologies given. The mini golf was just a hot mess. Basically all torn up and most filled with dirty rain water, no drainage system in place for the golf. And there are NO activites for kids like they advertise. We went to Orange lake resort for the remainder of our stay , which was like paradise. Tropical palms should be tropical nightmare.

Room Tip: don't stay here

183 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We have stayed at Tropical Palms several times in their cottages. We always rent the Premium and they are ok. I wish the floors were cleaner and the bedroom had a TV. The location is great and the staff are always friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This place is great. The staff were very welcoming and could not do enough for us. The campground is within walking distance of Old Town and near to Walt Disney World. The resort is very pretty and well kept. The resort has a caribbean feel to it with pretty painted cottages and landscaped gardens. The pool area was fun, July 4th weekend was a blast. The cafe had great deals on food and drink and the staff were amazing. They also have a huge blow up water slide,($5 a day for as many goes as you wanted). They have a fishing lake, Watch out for the turtles and gators!. We really did have a wonderful time.... can't wait to go again!!!

Edison, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We used to visit The Tropical Palms for long weekends several times per year when we lived in Florida. A large group of us would go and we would rent multiple cabins. It had always been a fun inexpensive get away spot where the kids could run, splash in the pool, play games and the parents could join in or relax and catch up. It was a bonus that we did not need to go to a restaurant for every meal or squeeze the whole family into a small hotel room.
In the years since we moved our friends have actually purchased RV’s and no longer rent the cabins, but still visit several times per year. We were going to be in Florida and agreed to meet them the weekend of July 4th. We rented a cabin and they rented RV spaces.
Check in was seamless and we were excited to get to our new home for the next few days. Immediately I noticed that the deck to the cabin was worn to the point of the wood rotting through in areas. We opened the door to see basically the same cabin we saw 9 years prior. Nothing had changed and I mean nothing. The sofa cushions actually each had tears in them about 4 inches long and the arms were worn down the wood. Paint was chipped in every room and tiles were cracked in the bathroom. The kitchen sink would sometimes come on, and sometimes not. At first I thought it had to have been a joke. However, I quickly found that it was not.
While unpacking my husband moved a recliner in the living room, only to find old candy wrappers under it. I could take no more and went to the front. To my horror, they stated they did not have any other cabins and they have a no refund policy. Needless to say, there will be no more reservations made to stay at Tropical Palms.

Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We loved the location and atmosphere. Easy walk to Old Town and Fun Spot. So many things around to do. We had a grass back in site with sewer. It was clean. Can't wait to go back for a longer stay!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Coconut Creek, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My family has been going to this location for 17 years. 19 of us - with 5 cabins. At one time It was a great location at a great price. In the past few years, yes as others have stated, the rooms are aging and they are not what they used to be. We've had family members hurt from breaking chairs and unstable railings and decks. The shower pressure is terrible, as well as the tubs that don't work and the broken toilets that leak all over the floor. The beds are worn out and uncomfortable.
The last time we contacted them to make a reservation they acted like they had no idea who we were. I knew I had spoken to this woman for several years. They told us they could not accommodate us because they booked other people in our cabins. I told her I was ready to pay in full, but could she check with the manager, as we have been going there for 17 years and always stayed in the same cabins. She told me "I will talk to the manager, but you need to call back another day and I don't think we can accommodate you." Being that I have customer service background, I would have thought the proper response to be "Let me take your number and I'll have the manager call you back." There wasn't a care in the world as to who we were or them getting our business, so they no longer will. No customer service or loyalty.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My family of 5 stayed in a 2bedroom premium cottage #58. A king in one bedroom and double in other, was told we would have bunkbeds but wasnt a big deal, Has a pull out sofa big enough for one person in living room .Space was tight but manageable . We normally stay all day in parks but this trip wanted to relax more so stayed mostly at resort, Pool is on the small side and gets pretty crowed, kids can be a lil wild acting.Go early in day.They have activities for the kids but geared towards 10 and below. Have a huge water slide u pay $5 a wrist band for whole day{usually 6 hours or so} Cafe had reasonable prices and food was good.Staff wasn't overly friendly but wasn't rude.Our cabin was O,K .clean wise, had a nice deck area with table and chairs in a shaded area. u are only given 5 towels for entire stay, cost $5 to exchange them for clean ones, I didnt know this so didnt bring extra , took a trip to Walmart to buy more. They have a laundry mat but didnt want to deal with one while on vacation. Would be so much better to have small wash dryer combo in cottages. The grounds are pretty and enjoyable to walk around. Kitchen was decent size had plates,cups,silverware but only enough for 4people,Has hand held can opened, 3 pots and they give u enough soap for 3 loads in dishwasher, Full size fridge,microwave and stove Bring extra pillows. Living area only has seating for 4 and small table as well.There was only one t.v , not a big deal . Has free wifi. Near interstate ,disney ,old town and alot of restaurants . I'm not picky but could use some improvement. We only paid $70 a night so feel i received a good deal . I would not stay in any "standard " cottages, They look pretty old and worn down. All in all we enjoyed our stay and would come back . Saved a ton of money not having to eat out.

Room Tip: Bring towels for pool and to shower with or prepare to go to laundry mat. Do not rent standard cabin...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Tropical Palms Resort and Campground? Share your experiences!