“Not going back” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Tropical Palms Resort and Campground

You added Tropical Palms Resort and Campground to your Saves list
Tropical Palms Resort and Campground
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   2650 Holiday Trail, Kissimmee, FL 34746 (Formerly Tropical Palms FunResort)   |
Ranked #55 of 159 Hotels in Kissimmee
Coconut Creek, Florida
“Not going back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My family has been going to this location for 17 years. 19 of us - with 5 cabins. At one time It was a great location at a great price. In the past few years, yes as others have stated, the rooms are aging and they are not what they used to be. We've had family members hurt from breaking chairs and unstable railings and decks. The shower pressure is terrible, as well as the tubs that don't work and the broken toilets that leak all over the floor. The beds are worn out and uncomfortable.
The last time we contacted them to make a reservation they acted like they had no idea who we were. I knew I had spoken to this woman for several years. They told us they could not accommodate us because they booked other people in our cabins. I told her I was ready to pay in full, but could she check with the manager, as we have been going there for 17 years and always stayed in the same cabins. She told me "I will talk to the manager, but you need to call back another day and I don't think we can accommodate you." Being that I have customer service background, I would have thought the proper response to be "Let me take your number and I'll have the manager call you back." There wasn't a care in the world as to who we were or them getting our business, so they no longer will. No customer service or loyalty.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My family of 5 stayed in a 2bedroom premium cottage #58. A king in one bedroom and double in other, was told we would have bunkbeds but wasnt a big deal, Has a pull out sofa big enough for one person in living room .Space was tight but manageable . We normally stay all day in parks but this trip wanted to relax more so stayed mostly at resort, Pool is on the small side and gets pretty crowed, kids can be a lil wild acting.Go early in day.They have activities for the kids but geared towards 10 and below. Have a huge water slide u pay $5 a wrist band for whole day{usually 6 hours or so} Cafe had reasonable prices and food was good.Staff wasn't overly friendly but wasn't rude.Our cabin was O,K .clean wise, had a nice deck area with table and chairs in a shaded area. u are only given 5 towels for entire stay, cost $5 to exchange them for clean ones, I didnt know this so didnt bring extra , took a trip to Walmart to buy more. They have a laundry mat but didnt want to deal with one while on vacation. Would be so much better to have small wash dryer combo in cottages. The grounds are pretty and enjoyable to walk around. Kitchen was decent size had plates,cups,silverware but only enough for 4people,Has hand held can opened, 3 pots and they give u enough soap for 3 loads in dishwasher, Full size fridge,microwave and stove Bring extra pillows. Living area only has seating for 4 and small table as well.There was only one t.v , not a big deal . Has free wifi. Near interstate ,disney ,old town and alot of restaurants . I'm not picky but could use some improvement. We only paid $70 a night so feel i received a good deal . I would not stay in any "standard " cottages, They look pretty old and worn down. All in all we enjoyed our stay and would come back . Saved a ton of money not having to eat out.

Room Tip: Bring towels for pool and to shower with or prepare to go to laundry mat. Do not rent standard cabin...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tamarac, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Every but as good as fort wilderness in Disney at more than 1/2 the cost. The cottages are so cute..they have transportation to the attractions ....themed weekends all year. Great place for kids...wonderful pool...walk to old town and mini golf.. The staff is wonderful, the place is clean. Highly recommend especially for families.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

nothing really campy about this place more like a resort but it's still a lot of fun. if you have rv, kids, and like to swim and hit the Orlando scene then check this place out. nice pool for adults and kids...that said it was dangerously crowded on Memorial Day weekend. go with as many friends as you can round up. you'll all have a good time.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
psl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a great stay in the RV section of the resort. Great activities, super prices at the cafe, & easy check in/out. Bathrooms/showers definitely could've been much cleaner. Still had a great time though.

• Stayed May 2013
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Over the past 10 years, we have visited Tropical Palms, first as guests of other campers, then we started on our own in the standard cabins. Our first time in a cabin was $250 for the week (a few years ago, one of the older "standard" cabins, but definitely a great value even with some worn furniture), but efficient and it was wonderful because we didn't have to eat out for every meal. It made the week affordable while taking our family to the Disney parks, which are so expensive. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. Since then, we have purchased our own camper, and continue to love our time there....the park is the perfect size, not too big, nor too small. They have great activities at the pool on the weekends for kids of all ages. We love the short walk to Old Town when we want to grab a pizza or watch the old car parade. While our children are older now and no longer wish to go to the Disney parks, they continue to join us on our trips to Tropical Palms because of all the great times and memories we have made with the people that we have met over the years - from all areas of the country (and beyond!). While the park also allows us adults to stay up to dawn while the babies are in bed, they also don't tolerate the shenanigans of trouble makers. We feel safe at all times, rarely lock our doors, and meet new friends every day. THIS is why we don't look any further than Tropical Palms for our vacation get away...highly recommend for all age groups, this is a great spot to enjoy camping, making new friends, feeding deer in the heart of Orlando & making memories.

Room Tip: Premium & Platinum cottages are beautiful, a little more expensive than the standard, but worth...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Leominster, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed at Tropical Palms back in May of 1999 (when my son, who is now almost 15, was just 7 months old.) It was lovely. We stayed in one of the cottages. I have since recommended it to people. OBVIOUSLY they must be doing SOMETHING right if they are STILL open and running 14 years later. Some people seem to feel that if a hotel / resort's employess do not bow down to kiss ther heinies that they can ruin them by trashing them online. Yes, having a key not work late at night might stink... I garee, but seriously... if the company offered to let you stay on a few more days for FREE you people would have JUMPED at the chance. Don't be a sour grape... not everything in life is free. If I EVER was in Florida again... I know where I would be staying. Much love to Tropical Palms <3 I WISH I could find my old photos from that vacation. I lost them in a move. I have not been there since, but they wouldn't let me go back any further on the date. I saw all the hate the place was getting and had to put my 2 cents in.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Tropical Palms Resort and Campground? Share your experiences!