“Awesome” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tropical Palms Resort and Campground

Save Saved
You added Tropical Palms Resort and Campground to your Saves list
Tropical Palms Resort and Campground
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   2650 Holiday Trail, Kissimmee, FL 34746 (Formerly Tropical Palms FunResort)   |
Ranked #43 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Tamarac, Florida
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Every but as good as fort wilderness in Disney at more than 1/2 the cost. The cottages are so cute..they have transportation to the attractions ....themed weekends all year. Great place for kids...wonderful pool...walk to old town and mini golf.. The staff is wonderful, the place is clean. Highly recommend especially for families.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

nothing really campy about this place more like a resort but it's still a lot of fun. if you have rv, kids, and like to swim and hit the Orlando scene then check this place out. nice pool for adults and kids...that said it was dangerously crowded on Memorial Day weekend. go with as many friends as you can round up. you'll all have a good time.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
psl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We had a great stay in the RV section of the resort. Great activities, super prices at the cafe, & easy check in/out. Bathrooms/showers definitely could've been much cleaner. Still had a great time though.

• Stayed May 2013
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Over the past 10 years, we have visited Tropical Palms, first as guests of other campers, then we started on our own in the standard cabins. Our first time in a cabin was $250 for the week (a few years ago, one of the older "standard" cabins, but definitely a great value even with some worn furniture), but efficient and it was wonderful because we didn't have to eat out for every meal. It made the week affordable while taking our family to the Disney parks, which are so expensive. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. Since then, we have purchased our own camper, and continue to love our time there....the park is the perfect size, not too big, nor too small. They have great activities at the pool on the weekends for kids of all ages. We love the short walk to Old Town when we want to grab a pizza or watch the old car parade. While our children are older now and no longer wish to go to the Disney parks, they continue to join us on our trips to Tropical Palms because of all the great times and memories we have made with the people that we have met over the years - from all areas of the country (and beyond!). While the park also allows us adults to stay up to dawn while the babies are in bed, they also don't tolerate the shenanigans of trouble makers. We feel safe at all times, rarely lock our doors, and meet new friends every day. THIS is why we don't look any further than Tropical Palms for our vacation get away...highly recommend for all age groups, this is a great spot to enjoy camping, making new friends, feeding deer in the heart of Orlando & making memories.

Room Tip: Premium & Platinum cottages are beautiful, a little more expensive than the standard, but worth...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Leominster, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed at Tropical Palms back in May of 1999 (when my son, who is now almost 15, was just 7 months old.) It was lovely. We stayed in one of the cottages. I have since recommended it to people. OBVIOUSLY they must be doing SOMETHING right if they are STILL open and running 14 years later. Some people seem to feel that if a hotel / resort's employess do not bow down to kiss ther heinies that they can ruin them by trashing them online. Yes, having a key not work late at night might stink... I garee, but seriously... if the company offered to let you stay on a few more days for FREE you people would have JUMPED at the chance. Don't be a sour grape... not everything in life is free. If I EVER was in Florida again... I know where I would be staying. Much love to Tropical Palms <3 I WISH I could find my old photos from that vacation. I lost them in a move. I have not been there since, but they wouldn't let me go back any further on the date. I saw all the hate the place was getting and had to put my 2 cents in.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
New Port Richey, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Stayed at this campground a couple of years ago. Rented one of the cottages. Rug on floor was just cleaned and was damp. Shower had no pressure. Air conditioner was really old. Pool water needed cleaning. but the main reason I and my daughter will never go back is because there is a sex offender living there and the owners are aware of him and will do nothing about it. He is not supposed to be around children.I have forbidden my daughter from taking my grandchildren there because who knows if this sex offender might be hanging around the bathrooms when the young children aer inside. A word to the wise !!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: go someplace else
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

After reading some of the reviews I have to put my 2 cents in here. Some of the reviews left on this page have been left by a few disgruntle ex-campers. I know this as I am a friend of theirs and speak with them often. They/I were planning on doing Tropical Palms Park and Leave for the summer until one of the said people were told they were no longer allowed the resort property. If the place is so bad why would you want to stay here again? We have a new campground and will have good memories there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Tropical Palms Resort and Campground? Share your experiences!