“Disgruntle Ex-Campers Review” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tropical Palms Resort and Campground

You added Tropical Palms Resort and Campground to your Saves list
Tropical Palms Resort and Campground
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   2650 Holiday Trail, Kissimmee, FL 34746 (Formerly Tropical Palms FunResort)   |
Ranked #42 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Disgruntle Ex-Campers Review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

After reading some of the reviews I have to put my 2 cents in here. Some of the reviews left on this page have been left by a few disgruntle ex-campers. I know this as I am a friend of theirs and speak with them often. They/I were planning on doing Tropical Palms Park and Leave for the summer until one of the said people were told they were no longer allowed the resort property. If the place is so bad why would you want to stay here again? We have a new campground and will have good memories there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed here a few times years ago when I was younger. It was great then but now this place is in dire straights. It's a real shame. These cottages are extremely run down to a point where safety is jeopardized. Holes in walls, mold in bathrooms, rusty door frames, most noticeable, the deck and steps leading up to the cottage were missing boards and had rusty nails sticking out.(OUTCH) Don's waste your money at this place. You couldn’t pay me to stay there again...............

port st lucie, Florida USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Rented 3 cottages over weekend. Absolutely HORRIBLE! VERY BAD DISREPAIR, UNSAFE DECKING with rotted boards throughout. I was afraid I was going to fall through!!! The inside of the cabins had holes in the walls, wasp infestation, cracked and leaking tubs, extremely worn and no evidence of recent repairs or upkeep. Had stayed here years ago and the place was great, esp for families. Not so, now. When we got back from the parks late one night (around 1AM), the keys did not work and we couldn't get in! No security! No one to call. The other cottage had to be switched out the day before for the same reason. Just what you want to experience after being at the parks all day! They should have PAID US TO STAY THERE. NEVER AGAIN!! When I complained, the girl at the desk just giggled - Unbelievable!!!

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

After reading many reviews on this page, I have to say that no resort can please everyone, but based on my personal experience I can definitely point some things out.

I've stayed in this resort 4 times in the past 5 years and most recently in a cottage. The cottage we stayed was very clean, clean towels and no bugs, absolutely no complains. Bugs? Really? It's Florida people.. I live in Tampa in a house built in 2010 and I have to get it sprayed every 3 months because guess what? I have bugs too.

Usually when you have to deal with management is because something went wrong so I didn't have to, but when I was at the lobby the staff was very pleasant and made us feel welcome. I can say that this resort has come a long way: Grounds, landscaping, staff, activities, restaurant, everything I was able to see and experience seemed to have an amazing change compared to 2008-09-11 which was the last time we visited so they gotta be doing something right!

I work in the hospitality industry and I know that what these people have done takes lots of effort... you cannot take a resort from Z to A in a blink on an eye..and I mean it! It takes time!

This time we went during Easter weekend and we had a blast- my 2 kids went egg hunting and had a free picture with the bunny, let's be real who does that? Start your research, no resort in Orlando or Kissimmee, offer so many activities for free- go stay at Disney but pay the price too... They always keep the guests updated with newsletters for events and special weekends..

I would also like to add to a recent comment just made in regards to the manager not allowing them to return: My point of view is: No company will turn down any money from any guest- if people are not allowed to return to the resort I am sure there is a good reason for that.. and they must have rules that people must abide. Isn't that a good thing? Also, if I manage a resort - I will definitely encourage people to post on trip advisor- if you doing your best, why would you not want people to post a review? If you got nothing to be ashamed then... YES.. most definitely ask people to post...

Improvement can only be made with a suggestions...

I will recommend this resort again again and again.. Just my opinion!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
whobdis77
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I'd be a little wary of a few of the VERY negative reviews. Yes..the staff may not be what they used to be and I suppose you'll see a palmetto bug from time to time (this is Florida). But when someone says the putt-putt course is all torn up?..we were just there 3 weeks ago and it's fine. I will say there can be a big difference between the 'standard' cottage and 'platinum'. The standards are rather old. If I was with a buddy they would be fine. For my family..we upgrade. There are cheaper places to stay if your staying at the parks all day and just need a place to sleep/shower. But if your hanging around..we like the pool area and you can walk around the place without excessive traffic. Old Towne is within walking distance for something to do in the evening. There are more cottages than RV's I think. We like having a kitchen and a deck to ourselves.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

By far worst campground in the area, not many activities for kids, grounds look run down. Called several times for a manager and NEVER returned my calls. Girls in front office are very rude and carry on personal conversations as if you " the guest " is not even at counter. Pool looks dingy and small. Laundry machines are always broken. A Sex offender lives on property !!!! THIS SHOCKED ME ! Check the link for Kissimmee area offenders he has same address as resort ? Friends told me this I didnt believe until I saw it for myself ! My daughter had bites all over her not sure if from bed bugs or ants either way cabins are not the high quality they advertise. No tv in bedrooms of cabins. Floors are filthy in cabin . WE WILL NOT BE BACK !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed in the standard studio cottage (2 adults & 2 small kids) for 4 days. It is in a perfect location for the Disney parks! Our cottage could really have used some upgrades / maintenance but overall was nice and homey. We would stay here again but be sure to ask for a newer cottage. They have a large section of new cottages but I'm not sure what you need to do to get in one of them. Within walking distance to Old Town shops.

Room Tip: Ask for a new or newer cottage.