“great location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Tropical Palms Resort and Campground

Save Saved
You added Tropical Palms Resort and Campground to your Saves list
Tropical Palms Resort and Campground
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   2650 Holiday Trail, Kissimmee, FL 34746 (Formerly Tropical Palms FunResort)   |
Ranked #45 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
Montreal
“great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The campground is close to everything- Disney, sea world... We stayed a week with our RV but the grounds were uneven and had dog poop and garbage on our picnic table when we arrived. I picked up everything and did not mention it. We were gone most of the time during the day but in the evenings, we tried to sit outside but there were strong smells of urine and poop. When we pulled our RV out to leave, we noticed TONS of dog poop under and behind our RV. When it was hot and humid, the smell came out. DISGUSTING! When i told this to the lady at check out, she responded with : some people should not own pets!!! Did not bother to send someone to check or clean it.... We will not be returning even if location was great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

186 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Pine Grove, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Love staying here in our camper when we visit Florida. Very close to entrance of Disney and a lot cheaper. Daily activities, swimming pool, exercise room. Located beside Old Town which has many shops and rides for kids if you want a break from the big parks.

• Stayed December 2012
Cooden UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed here in early November and had a good deal thru Expedia. We used it as a base for a car tour so did not use the resort's facilities. We booked a Premium Cottage (69) as the kitchenette was useful for preparing our breakfast and making drinks. There is a Golden Corral restaurant nearby on Hwy 192 so that was very convenient for a one price buffet lunch or dinner.
Why they are called cottages I do not know, because they do not fit the British image of a little country house. They are single wide mobile homes set 3 ft above ground with a decking patio outside. The main bedroom was very small with a double bed - it was difficult to get into the bed as there was less than a 1ft gap either side to access/get into bed. The children's is also small with cramped bunk beds. The bathroom and shower worked fine, but the entry door was almost off its hinges. The kitchenette was OK & provided with the basics to start off the stay there. However, the kitchen / lounge floor was sticky and our feet soon became dirty. Thankfully, the cockroaches were dead ones! The lounge was provided with easy chairs & sofa but all were dirty. The window blinds were dusty and did not work properly and cob webs hung down from the ceiling. That was probably the result of a lack of effective cleaning so we advised reception to get it "spring cleaned". I would advise people to check their place over as soon as they arrive and K A for improvements if required.

Room Tip: We had a premium cottage, but I hate to think what a basic cottage is! We will consider staying the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Clearwater, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The fact that this place is calling themselves a "resort" should be illegal. I have stayed in a resort before....this does not come close to an actual resort. When we first walked in the door to the premium cottage (66) the first thing I saw were over 10 dead roaches on the floor and the floors were sticky, we had to keep our shoes on the entire time. My parents came with us, my dad slept on the pull out couch. He had to wrestle with it for about 10 minutes to get it to lay flat on the ground without pulling the couch part up in the air, the mattress was about an inch thick, had huge brown stains on it and once the bed finally sat the way it was intended to the entire thing was at a 30 degree angle. As for the couch while it was being used to sit on....and a nasty texture. I had to put a sheet on it in order to sit on it. The blinds were bent and broken so even with them "shut" there was no privacy. If people are giving pet deposits they certainly aren't being used to replace any damaged items to the cabin.
Next is the kitchen, it did come fully stocked, the only real complaint here was that the rubber hose around the dishwasher was not attached which caused the dishwasher to leak all over the floor which actually helped the floor not be so sticky....
This cabin supposedly was made for 6 people. In the bathroom there was 1 towel bar it was about 12 inches long. We had to hang towels all over the cabin, door knobs, cabinets etc.
The "queen size" bed in the master bedroom is actually a full size bed, hard as a rock. We stayed 4 nights, I am a side sleeper, my arms are still sore. The underside of the blanket felt like a brillo pad. We actually drove home our first day on vacation (only live two hours aways) to get our own bedding. The drawers in the closet wanted to fall on the floor after pulling them out two inches. The second bedroom had a bunk bed and then a single bed. These were half the width of regular twin beds.
There was absolutley NOWHERE to sit in this place and actually be comfortable or relax.
What's worse than the accomidations is the staff. I called with questions prior to arrival, I wanted to find out if we needed to bring bedding or towels, what is the latest we can check in etc. I called a total of 3 times prior to arriving, the staff are so rude and not helpful in any way. I was not made to feel like an important guest but rather a burdon. The first night of our stay got chilly, it was under 60 degrees in the cabin and with two small kids I wanted to run the heat for a few minutes. The heat didn't work. When I called to let the office know about it we were told by the maintanance person that the heat element was missing. There was no offer to resolve this issue (the list of ammenities includes heat).
To sum it up, this place is dirty, the staff are rude, the claim to be a "resort" or have "queen size beds" or "heat" is all a lie. For the $90 we spent per night we could have stayed at an actually resort and gotten much more out of our money. I am thouroughly disappointed, feel cheated and am literally in pain from staying at this crap hole.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Booked this hotel for me and my family. It was ok until we saw ants in our kitchen. They were nice enough to move us to one of the newer trailors they had built on the property. So much better! It was brand new,it was a 2/1 with a loft, a kitchen, and a livingroom area. They each also have porch and picnic tables. They are also located next to old town which is walking distance. The pool area was pretty cool just too crowded. They also have a market inside the main office.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Orange Park, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was the worst case of customer service I Have ever seen. I book three weeks in advance and asked for a pack and play for my infant grandson. Called two days before arriving and they said that I would have one in the cottage. We got down there at 10 pm and the baby was sleeping after being in traffic for 3 hours. The Girl was really rude about it said that even the room we had was not clean. No pack and play, after an hour we asked for our money back and left to find a new place to take care of us. I call back in the morning and the manager was just as rude as the girl at the front desk. All he kept saying was that he had to check with his staff to see what had happened and that it was my fault because I left the grounds that I had to find a room at double the cost. Finally after talking with him for about 30 minutes and getting very upset I asked to talk to someone higher up. I got Richard on the phone and he was nice he said he was the general manager and he said that I should have been treated better. He said he would give me a free weekend to try them again. A week and a half later I still have not gotten anything from them for the free weekend. VERY UNHAPPY WITH THEM, STAYED THERE YEARS AGO BUT I WILL TELL EVERYONE I KNOW TO STAY AWAY.

Room Tip: do not go there. I would not go there again
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Farnham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Myself and my husband stayed at the Tropical Palms Resort for two weeks this September and absolutely loved it there. We had read various bad reviews before leaving for our holiday so were slightly skeptical about the quality and cleanliness of the accommodation, but were pleasantly surprised. Our cottage was spotless, quite spacious and was in a beautiful spot.
The camp site itself was beautiful, and full of wildlife! We seemed to have adopted several squirrels and a couple of turkeys whilst we were there!
The staff were very friendly and helpful and we were in a prime location, only being a short walk away from Old Town.
I would definitely recommend a stay at Tropical Palms, and if we were to return to Orlando, I would have no qualms about booking us in there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in cottage number 74 and found it perfect for just the two of us.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Tropical Palms Resort and Campground? Share your experiences!