“Good for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tropical Palms Resort and Campground

Save Saved
You added Tropical Palms Resort and Campground to your Saves list
Tropical Palms Resort and Campground
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   2650 Holiday Trail, Kissimmee, FL 34746 (Formerly Tropical Palms FunResort)   |
Ranked #47 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Good for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Booked this hotel for me and my family. It was ok until we saw ants in our kitchen. They were nice enough to move us to one of the newer trailors they had built on the property. So much better! It was brand new,it was a 2/1 with a loft, a kitchen, and a livingroom area. They each also have porch and picnic tables. They are also located next to old town which is walking distance. The pool area was pretty cool just too crowded. They also have a market inside the main office.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Orange Park, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was the worst case of customer service I Have ever seen. I book three weeks in advance and asked for a pack and play for my infant grandson. Called two days before arriving and they said that I would have one in the cottage. We got down there at 10 pm and the baby was sleeping after being in traffic for 3 hours. The Girl was really rude about it said that even the room we had was not clean. No pack and play, after an hour we asked for our money back and left to find a new place to take care of us. I call back in the morning and the manager was just as rude as the girl at the front desk. All he kept saying was that he had to check with his staff to see what had happened and that it was my fault because I left the grounds that I had to find a room at double the cost. Finally after talking with him for about 30 minutes and getting very upset I asked to talk to someone higher up. I got Richard on the phone and he was nice he said he was the general manager and he said that I should have been treated better. He said he would give me a free weekend to try them again. A week and a half later I still have not gotten anything from them for the free weekend. VERY UNHAPPY WITH THEM, STAYED THERE YEARS AGO BUT I WILL TELL EVERYONE I KNOW TO STAY AWAY.

Room Tip: do not go there. I would not go there again
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Farnham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Myself and my husband stayed at the Tropical Palms Resort for two weeks this September and absolutely loved it there. We had read various bad reviews before leaving for our holiday so were slightly skeptical about the quality and cleanliness of the accommodation, but were pleasantly surprised. Our cottage was spotless, quite spacious and was in a beautiful spot.
The camp site itself was beautiful, and full of wildlife! We seemed to have adopted several squirrels and a couple of turkeys whilst we were there!
The staff were very friendly and helpful and we were in a prime location, only being a short walk away from Old Town.
I would definitely recommend a stay at Tropical Palms, and if we were to return to Orlando, I would have no qualms about booking us in there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in cottage number 74 and found it perfect for just the two of us.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthews, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I recently stayed with my wife and daughter. We used to live in WPB and stayed here often up to 7 years ago.WOW, have the older cottages fallen apart !! We are easy going, and, I am a maintenance supervisor for a property management company. This cottage ( unit C212) was so bad it could not pass a section 8 inspection and should NEVER be rented !! There are 4 holes in the walls, german cockroaches, a hole in the entry door where it has rusted/rotted out/ no fire extinguisher/ all the blinds are bent/broken/rusted out appliances /ac return/ no drain cover in the tub/the bathroom door knob freezes up and wont turn/ water stains on the ceilings in the rear bdr and bathroom. etc etc. We went in and complained and they had no problem offering us another cottage. We looked at it and it was no better, holes in the walls and all, plus, roach bait along all the cabinet edges! I asked about a better cottage and they would only give us an upgrade if we paid for it. So, we ended up in unit C76, wich was A LOT better ( still some minor problems-I had to plunge the clogged shower, trim missing, blinds broken) but, no german cockroaches ! I was VERY DISSAPOINTED that we had to pay for the upgrade. The old owners would never have charged for an upgrade after what we saw in unit c212 ! The beds were ALL HARD !!

Room Tip: I firmly state, stay away from the old/ "rustic" cottages
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This place has everything you need – the cabins come equipped with a full kitchen, bathroom, living room and beds. The older cabins is what we stayed in – they are clean but old. One of our beds was very old and stiff as a board. So the comfort wasn’t there but they are working on that. If you’re looking for fresh and new make sure you ask for a new cabin when making your reservations. Tropical Palms is working on replacing the older cabins with new ones so soon enough all of the cabins will be new. They have a nice community pool, a putt putt course (nothing fancy but it’s free!), fun activities for the kids and it has great scenery. We had a couple of issues with our cabin and the clerk at the front desk was very friendly and quick to fix our problems. We plan on coming back because of the price and location. All of the staff we encountered were very nice and helpful. There is primitive camping available and RV/campers areas to park with full hook ups. They are pet friendly but do charge $150 fee that will be refunded if there are no problems with “Fido” on your stay. The location is great with Old Town within walking distance and minutes from all of the attractions in Orlando (Disney, Universal, Arabian Knights, Gator Land, etc.) We will be coming back soon.

Room Tip: Ask for the newer cabins if you want clean, new and more comfort. They area all small but it's...
Atlantic Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Just got back from 3 days there. Make sure you reserve either the premium or platinum cabin. Unfortunately we didn't and the standard cabin (209) we had was definitely in need of help. It had been roughly used and not taken care of. Be careful of the bedroom closest to the door. There is a step down and it can be missed and falls can happen.The grounds are gorgeous..nice activities, especially if you have children, just be aware that there are cost involved. Old Town just up the road and you can walk to it.

Room Tip: Make sure you reserve either the premium or platinum cabin
Palatka, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Just got back from 3 days there. Had a bit of an issue with check-in, given incorrect info. Luis however made it RIGHT! The Platinum Cottages are BEAUTIFUL. We were in # 59. The grounds are gorgeous..nice activites if you have kids. Old Town just up the road. Only complaint is they need to staff the pool area. While it is posted No Lifeguard....some parents felt the pool was a "babysitter" and some of the kids were pretty rough and had no regard for others in the GORGEOUS saltwater pool. Cannot wait to make another stay here!

Room Tip: DO NOT rent Standard or Studio cottages. Very old and outdated!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Tropical Palms Resort and Campground? Share your experiences!