“A Great Stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Seralago Hotel and Suites

Save Saved
You added Seralago Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Seralago Hotel and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5678 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy (US192), Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Ranked #65 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
IXONIA
“A Great Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2010

First, I will tell you what we did not find at this hotel:
1. We did not find any rude staff.
2. We did not find any bugs of any kind.
3. We did not find any unsafe situations.
4. We did not find any trouble connecting to the wireless internet.
5. We did not find anything to complain about.

What we found was just a really nice place to stay while we were there to go to the parks with our children. We booked a 2 room suite, poolside, for 5 nights and our entire stay was under $400.00. Our room was spacious, very spacious. Our room very, very clean!
Everyday when we came back it was fresh, nice smelling, and clean! I think the housekeeping staff does a wonderful job!

The pool area was wonderful. Even though we were there on a cool week, the pool was so warm my kids jumped right in. The entire pool area is gated so small children can not get in unless their parents let them in.

The front desk employees were professional, friendly and quick!
All the other employess we met (maintenance, housekeeping and security) were constantly present, and very friendly. I certainly did not feel unsafe at any time, as everytime I left my room I seemed to run right into a security person....early in the morning, and late at night.

The atmosphere at the hotel was very fun. We met families from all over the United States and several from abroad. Everyone was on vacation, relaxed, and friendly.

From the hotel to the parks is a quick and very easy drive. We did not use the shuttle service because we didn't want to be on a timetable. But the times were printed and given to you upon arrival if you wanted to use the shuttles.

Overall, I thought it was a great place, an excellent value, a fun atmosphere ...and very clean!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
East Coast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

Humm, what can I say about Seralago Hotel and Suites ? (Glass half full) It's a great location. It has a heated pool. Free wifi in room. (Glass half empty) It's an old and tired Hotel in need of some attention. I'm staying there right now as I write this. The rooms could be MUCH cleaner. When you snap the bed covers you can tell they are dusty and in need of washing. Same goes for the drapery and carpets. The ice machines are filthy. I think the main problem is that this place see's a lot of visitors and the cleaning department is lacking. I won't say its a bad place to stay but I think for a bit more money you could get a much nicer place. On my next vacation to Orlando, I will not stay here again. If your on a budget go for it but if your not, keep looking.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

After saving up for what was meant to be a great holiday in the USA, we stayed at Seralago but it wasn't long until the problems began.

The bed in our room was totally broken so after much hassles and asking to be moved Ben moved us to another room. The service deteriorated from there.

Eventually (not soon enough) we left and paid an "outstanding" $200 in cash instead of paying with the credit card. Ben assured me the money would be refunded to my credit card. When I called to see why my money was NOT refunded, he told me he couldnt do this so I can get a check for my $200. I told him I was not from the USA and he assured me he "the check would be in the post"

This was December, I am now in March with no refund and no reply to my calls, emails etc... except having a rude "front desk manager" who refuses to give me his name, slamming down the phone in my ear.

The fight goes on... thanks Ben

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
seralago5678, General Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, March 12, 2010
There is never an excuse for poor service or a lack of follow up, therefore we certainly are in this guests's debt. The guest left in a hurry and our Rooms Division Manager did call the guest and asked him where to send the money to. The guest was coming back within a few weeks and would pick it up personally. The guest never returned to the hotel and we have been waiting for an out of country address, as the guest was travelling. We did not receive an address until the first week of March. We immediately send the check to the guest. Again our apologies for the inconvenience and misunderstanding.

Jan Rietveld
Hobe Sound, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

Seralago may be an older hotel/motel but for the money I think it was worth it. I stayed two nights and our room had 2 double beds, a fridge and microwave. What I was most happy about was it also had free wifi. I could have paid more at a Disney Value resort and not had ANY of those amenities. The staff was nice and check-in was a breeze as was check-out. The buffet breakfast though isn't anything to brag about. It was mediocre and not really worth the $8. Most of the food was cold when it should have been hot etc. Another thing was the sports bar. It was supposed to be open at 5pm, it never was open as long as we were there. No biggy. The hotel is close to many places to eat and easy to get to. We did not use the pool or outdoor amenities as it was too cold out but they did look really nice. So if you want a no frills place for a good rate this is it. The beds were fine and the room was clean. No complaints.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
grand rapids, mi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

This hotel was in a great location. Only 3 or 4 miles from Disney. There were many businesses located within walking distance including a KFC, McDonalds, Walgreens, Publix, etc. It was also right next door to Old Town which is a fun little shopping district with an attached carnival style amusement park.

The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. They have desks located right in the lobby where you can buy tickets for local attractions and ask questions.

The grounds of the hotel were great. Two courtyards with two sets of pools. One had a large heated pool and hot tub, the other another large heated pool, hot tub, shallow kiddie pool and jungle gym. There was also a nice little arcade off the lobby as well as store and restaurant. We never ate in the hotel so cannot comment on the food.

The rooms themselves were classic 70's style motel rooms. Nothing luxury about them at all. Older TV's and bedding. The room was as clean as it could probably be for it's age but still a little on the dingy side. But realistically for $48 per night it was still one heck of a deal considering all the amenities of the hotel itself.

The hotel also offered a complimentary shuttle to Disney which was a nice way to save on parking. It was timely and the drivers were friendly. Took us straight to the park with no additional stops.

Overall I would recommend for families looking for a place to stay where kids can have fun on a budget. Just don't expect a "resort" experience because that's not really the kind of hotel this is.

montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

Family of 5, mom and dad, 17 yr old son, 15 and 13 yr daughters. Stayed Feb 13 - 20 2010. We had a room facing the back pool. It has a bus to Disney and the day it was late the manager was explaining that the company had technical problems and will be arriving shortly. It did. My son has Down syndrome and behaves more like a young child and in the arcade there was a game to pick soft plastic balls. He finally won one and was nice and loud. The clerk heard him, did not complain or asked us to quiet him down but instead asked if her wanted a couple of balls that she had behind the counter. The breakfast is not the greatest but great when you want to leave early and no time to go out to eat. There was danish and hot foods including egg, bacon, potatoes, cereal and fruit. Rounds about $ 8 an adult Ie over 10 I think.

The back pool was great. Ten pm air temperature about 50 pool temperature about 75. Tennis court / basketball court not in the greatest condition but for us it was perfect. We also played badmitdon and volleyball. They have all the equipment again not the best but playable.

Within a mile or so, plenty of restaurants and shops and Old Town. Usually we were exhausted at night but our last night we walked around Old Town and actually played mini golf. There is a Publix to the left and buy your groceries there. A lot cheaper than the hotel and Target down right.

Our room was two rooms, 2 double beds in one room and a Murphy and sofa bed in the other room. Plenty of room when the beds were not opened. Only problem we had was the shower water temperature keeps changing to cold. The tap in bathroom had no pressure.

WARNING One night one of the rooms was broken into while the guests were out. Do not know the details as I overhead the guest asking for the manager but for the rest of the stay on every walk I did at night or day time, there was security walking and driving around. We did not have any problems or any real concerns about security. They have vaults at reception.

Overall a great experience even if the weather was not the best.

We also did not have a car and took mini vans. Get a driver you like, get his card and if you a lift deal with him. It is faster and more pleasant. Our guy, Adam, when we could not make it he had somebody ready for us.

Winnipeg, Manitoba
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

We were visiting Disney World for a few days and this hotel offered a low price so room was what I expected.I thought it was fine.It was clean, but not spotless.The mattresses were a bit hard but not terrible.They offered free bus service to and from Disney at three times 8:15, 9:30, and 11:00 and three return times at 5:00, 9:30, and 10:15. Its about a 15 minute ride. You can get a fine breakfast buffet in the main building for $8.00 or grab something on the run for cheap from the store in the lobby.Sometimes there are some loud traffic in the parking lot that might be a problem if you are a light sleeper. All in all we had a very nice time.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Seralago Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!