“HUMILIATING treatment to REPEAT guests!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Seralago Hotel and Suites

You added Seralago Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Seralago Hotel and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5678 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy (US192), Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #65 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
Melbourne, Florida
“HUMILIATING treatment to REPEAT guests!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We have been staying at Seralago 3-4 times per year for the last 5 years. We have always called it our little "home away from home". While the rooms were a bit outdated, they were well worth the repeat guest poolside rate. We knew many of the hotel staff by name, Sam was our favorite waiter, Gary was our favorite bartender, etc...Even the front desk clerks were extremely helpful and polite, whether in person or via phone.

HOWEVER, the property was sold in 2012. We started noticing small changes here and there, but nothing major, just a difference in morale mostly..While they WERE trying to renovate the pool areas, and some of the rooms, it seemed that customer service was taking a backseat to ratings...

THIS became VERY apparent this past weekend. We had 2 rooms booked and paid for poolside for 4 nights. Our adult children in one and my husband and I in another. We arrived before they did, and checked in for both rooms.. We were extremely pleased with the renovations that these rooms had done!!! What a HUGE improvement...Well, sadly, this is exactly where our happy vacation story ends and the WORST humiliation, mortification and degradation of our entire lifetime begins.

My husband and I headed out to the pool. YES, it IS a beautiful area, that at least has NOT changed. A couple of hours later we wandered over to the bar area to see Gary. We were saddened to learn that he was no longer there...That he had just NOT shown up for work one day, after being there for 10 years????? Ok so a minor disappointment. The lady bartender seemed friendly enough and made very good fruity drinks. My husband enjoyed his marguerita...

We stayed at the pool for a couple more hours then headed over to sit at the table in front of the tiki bar, leaving the rest of our party by the pool (we had enough sun) . There were a few more patrons by this point as it was almost evening. Here it begins!! I had to wait SEVERAL times to get our order while the bartender either finished a conversation with her boyfriend or fed him more drinks. We later learned that he does NOT pay for these drinks, as he told us this himself. Ok, so maybe she is new? Around 730 pm we ordered our last drink, told the bartender it was the last. She ASKED us if we wanted to charge that last round to our room...Sure, why not, easier for me than to collect each persons share. after bidding us farewell, off we went back to our room

We went to our room, took showers, and had just settled down to some music when there was a loud knock on the door. It was a SECURITY guard. He asked why we had "skipped" out on our bar tab...We informed him that we had charged it to the room..He said we did not have a credit card attached to the room, only a debit card, and that we needed to go pay it. I had forgotten that we had used the CREDIT card on the other room..So We ASSURED him we would get with everyone and get it taken care of...We KNEW the bar did not close until Midnight so we knew we had time to get it all straightened out.

My, oh MY, where we were SADLY mistaken!!! a little bit later, there is a peculiar knock on the door, like our kids would do.. So we took our time getting to it, thinking all the while it was our kids. Upon opening the door, we were greeted by TWO Sheriff's Deputies and the security guard!!!!! Still not realizing what was happening I asked if I could help them, thinking they had the wrong room. Well let me tell you something..These two Officers were two of the RUDEST people I have EVER had the misfortune to encounter!!!! Their first ACCUSATION was we had "skipped out on our bar tab and if we didnt pay it we would be going to jail"...Seriously????? It was not even 11 PM yet.. I TRIED to explain the situation to them, immediately just sent my nephew down with MY credit card to pay ...get this...$40 DOLLARS!!! Now is that something people do when they are staying somewhere for 4 nights??

Anyways, there was no talking to these Deputies, they did not want to hear ANYTHING we had to say. they told us that management wanted us to leave immediately and that we were trespassed indefinitely!!! WHAAAAT????? We were in complete and utter shock!! We asked immediately to speak with the Manager, but they refused to allow us to do ANYTHING..We couldn't even reason with them. I asked what we were supposed to do since we had already paid for 4 nights for two rooms...Their response " we do not care but you are leaving or we are taking you to jail"!!! All the while the security guard stood there looking thoroughly embarrassed.

Thank the good Lord my daughter managed to get us a room at the dump (yet clean) Motel 6 across the street. However they let our kids keep THEIR room, which we had ALSO paid for.

So there you have it...REPEAT guests of five years thrown out and treated like criminals, all over a $40 bar tab, that was GOING to be paid. Is it OUR fault the bartender apparently did not understand their policy?? Is it OUR fault that she decided to close EARLY?? None of this was warranted nor deserved. When I called the next morning and spoke with the Manager Lewis who had helped us check in, he was horrified to hear the treatment we had encountered and could not apologize enough...Now HE is a keeper!!!! Unfortunately he did not have the authority to change anything. So we spent our FAMILY vacation in SEPARATE hotels!!!

I am angry, upset, humiliated, mortified and embarrassed beyond all that is good that this happened to us!! we are law abiding citizens and neither one of us has ever even had so much as a blemish on our record!!!

So this is what you can expect from this new Owner people!!! Be warned, be CAREFUL!! apparently if you SNEEZE wrong you could get asked to leave and trespassed!!!

It is truly a shame, as this was our favorite place for short getaways..Regardless of whether they lift the trespass, we will NEVER grace this hotel with our presence again!!!!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed there for one night. The room was nice, but AC wasn't working well so we switched rooms. New room's AC wasn't fully functional either, but better than the first. Other than that, staff was friendly, property was maintained, and the rooms were cute. It's obviously older so the age shows, but it's clean. And clean is all you really need.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Tyrone, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I bought our stay on Priceline so we were stuck. Having never had a PL disappointment before, I’m glad I read the reviews here so that I could adjust my expectations. My expectations were basically met. While the room itself was clean, the side of the door panel was covered in green mold. The room was incredibly dated. They are actually quite spacious but only have double beds. There is more than enough space for larger beds. The beds were the most uncomfortable I have ever slept on. They were hard and you could feel the springs. I felt sad that I made my family stay here. After the first night I offered to see about changing rooms but they said it was fine considering how little time we were spending in the room. Because I basically knew what to expect, I did not make an issue of it with the management. It is a quite large property but had a low occupancy…there were only a few cars in our area which was a little unnerving. The perimeter of the property seemed quite sketchy. The “resort” fee annoyed me. We did not utilize the food outlets.
HOWEVER, the pool area (one of two) was fantastic. The pool was clean and very, very large – had a vintage feel to it – like motel pools used to be. There is a large deck area with towels provided and a very good whirlpool as well. My kids did enjoy their time in the pool.
It is obvious this was once a great property that is past its prime. It is in a sad shape. Other reviews imply it is being renovated. I hope they renovate the outside as well…there is no curb appeal. The pool alone would draw us back and I might one day reconsider but not until it is renovated.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Recently went there with my 1 year old and husband. The carpets had what looked like blood stains on them. black mold in the bathroom ( tried to cover with paint) there was what looked like pubic hair all over the bathroom! The mattresses have springs digging into you and they don't have fitted sheets!!! When we arrived it was really late and really had no choice but to sleep there. As we walked to our room we passed a woman half naked crying drunk on a stairwell and lots of garbage. I skipped a shower and never walked on the floor without shoes it was so gross. As I was complaining the next day there was a woman who had gotten by bed bugs the night before. The staff was telling her it's an allergic reaction. i ended up getting refunded for the night and did not stay the other night I had planned to. i travel a lot and this was the worst hotel I have ever been in.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Well I was very impressed by the, I pay very cheap for this room less than $100 and the room was bigger than my apartement, ok the hotel need some renovation and the room are old but... very clean, nice warmed swimming pool, 4 restaurant, playground, receptionist helpfull, perfect location, in 8 years traveling between miami besch and orlando this time have been my favorite hotel, I will without hesitation recommended this hotel for family.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this great feedback. I couldn't be happier to hear how much you enjoyed your room and all of our amenities. We're honored to be one of your favorite places to stay in the area, and we'd love to welcome you back for another visit any time.

All the best till then,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The room door looked like it was kicked in. Bathroom was filthy. I had to buy my own bleach cleaner. Paint was chipping. Rugs were old dusty and dirty. Towels were dingy. Gnats flying around the room. Pool needs to be cleaned. No smell of chlorine in the pool. Every pool I've been to has a lot of chlorine in it to kill bacteria. I know they're in the process of remodeling but if u have remodeled empty units y not rent those? Unfortunately not happy with this place.

• Stayed May 2015
Jan R, Manager at Seralago Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 4 days ago
I'm sorry to hear you weren't more impressed with your stay. The last thing we ever want is for our guests to be assigned a room that isn't to their standards -- if you had any issues with the state of yours, you could have brought it to the attention of any of our staff members, and we would have been more than happy to get those problems resolved right away. As for the pool, I can assure you we take great care of ours. The water is tested and maintained regularly, because your health and safety is always our number one priority. Please feel free to contact us directly if you have any other comments or concerns. In the meantime, we'd love the chance to show you how great a stay with us can really be, and we hope that's something you'll keep in mind for the future.

Best,
Cardiff
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Rooms here are in the process of being refurbished, pool areas and grounds are clean and well kept, staff were attentive, pleasant and helpful and manager Jan made us feel very welcome. We felt safe at the hotel and security is good, room cleaned daily with fresh bedding, 14 items of towels and flannels and generous toiletries every day

Hotel is quite old and I guess that's why others have found fault but it is being renovated and taking cost, convenience and location into account its really good value and that's why we are on our fourth say!

Will definitely be back next year!

Andy & Donna

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
I couldn't be happier to hear how much you enjoy staying with us! It sounds like our staff has always taken great care of you, and I'll definitely be passing your compliments along. We'd love to welcome you back for another visit any time, so please do keep us in mind.

All the best till then,
Jan, General Manager

Been to Seralago Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!